Skip to main content

Survivor 41 - Thursdays on 9Go!

It ended up in the Dutch courts, which concluded quite rightly Big Brother was nothing like Survivor. I'm sure there was a legal challenge in the US - don't think it went anywhere though as even when Big Brother became Survivor in a House it was still nothing more than a show in the same genre that had it's origins in another format.

Watching finale live, rooting for Xander. But I am expecting a Ricard win which would be satisfying. If it's not Ricard I'd expect it to be Deshawn.

Unusual result.

I miss the dramatic final challenges we get in Australian Survivor, with someone standing on something for days to earn their place.
A simple puzzle and then fire-making doesn't have the same impact.

Unusual result.

I miss the dramatic final challenges we get in Australian Survivor, with someone standing on something for days to earn their place.
A simple puzzle and then fire-making doesn't have the same impact.

The final 41 twist is overused now, it’s not surprising like it was when it started in HHH.

So the rumours turned out to be true, going by the edit I was expecting a Ricard or Erika win so when he went I knew she had it in the bag.

Watching finale live, rooting for Xander. But I am expecting a Ricard win which would be satisfying. If it's not Ricard I'd expect it to be Deshawn.
Well that aged well :D

But seriously. Wut. I guess the jury punished Xander. I'm good that a woman - and a woman of colour at that - won though. Just on to the reunion bit now...

But this format sucks and I won't watch it again until they yield to viewer demands. First time I've watched it with this F4/3 thing though and I agree with @Meglos it doesn't make for exciting viewing at all. I only watched this season because Probst was so hyped by it, but it's clear his judgement is lacking.

EDIT: I noted Probst said that some of the twists/advantages will be returning for S42. So it seems that some, like the 'roll the die' thing that fell completely flat, probably won't return. So hopefully they were a bit more conservative with the number of stupid twists for 42. And beyond that they'll step back from that shit altogether.

Last edited:
It ended up in the Dutch courts, which concluded quite rightly Big Brother was nothing like Survivor. I'm sure there was a legal challenge in the US - don't think it went anywhere though as even when Big Brother became Survivor in a House it was still nothing more than a show in the same genre that had it's origins in another format.

This is probably what you’re thinking of. Otherwise no other lawsuits that involved trademarks or format issues. The rest have all dealt with constants.

F9A4424C-1851-4D8B-83E3-127D4B7ACC35.jpeg

Interesting article insofar as her game play and 100% voting record goes. I think the edit could have featured her "creating an alliance of outsiders who all saw themselves on the bottom", because it never for a moment appeared to me she was in control. Of anything, really. I feel she was just so weak a character that producers had trouble selling her. As the article observes: Keep in mind that this was the first time since Season 1 that the winner was named on the island, and so producers really had no excuse not to focus more on Erika since they knew it was her all along.

As suspected. Jeff has really shot himself in the foot insisting that seasons be shot back to back and for trying to reinvent the wheel. He seems to have a lot of contempt for the fandom and their criticisms so hopefully the failure of these two series is a humbling experience for him.

Nothing's going to change as long as people continue to watch, and Survivor is still winning its timeslot. Jeff's certainly been an ass for the last decade or so, ever since he became EP as well as host, but he can get away by saying that all twists are initially hated because he knows people will keep watching.

I had to stop taking that article seriously when they cited quotes from various Reddit users.

Sadly suspect like many reality show producers they'll ignore the millions of long term fans pointing out the obvious problems in favour of a few teenagers on social media thinking "OMG1!!!!!!"!"!"!! AMAZINGGGGGG!!!!!""***"

They got so much so wrong but if they use it as a learning curve, strip out what doesn't work (pretty much everything) and go "back to basics" they could rebound with a strong couple of seasons. One thing I suspect they might keep though is the shorter run time - of all the issues this year I don't think it's too much of a problem that 42 minutes of footage is filmed over 2 days rather than 3.

Back