Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

I know you weren't trying to be nasty. It was a general comment on something I've noticed outside this forum.

At least the Real Housewives of Melbourne is returning soon. It'll offer some humour and escape from the usual stuff on TV.

Just found out we have an air date for the housewives. Nice.

Could be worse, we could have Gladys.
I don't know if small business owners in Victoria would agree with you. If you're in lockdown 6 then that might be a sign that something is wrong with the leadership there. Can't just be bad luck in my opinion.

Even though NSW is in a diabolical state there is at least some signs of things people can look forward to. Gladys seems to have a plan and many small businesses can start to prepare. I don't even know what Dan Andrews is doing?

Just found out we have an air date for the housewives. Nice.
Disappointing there aren't many original cast members left but will give it a chance because they've done the casting so well in the past. Susie was the only misstep in my option. Don't know how this season will go with the flow of storylines. Melbourne had multiple lockdowns this year so I don't think it would have been easy for production to manage.

Last edited:
images

I don't know if small business owners in Victoria would agree with you. If you're in lockdown 6 then that might be a sign that something is wrong with the leadership there. Can't just be bad luck in my opinion.

Our outbreak is a direct result of the leadership in NSW. They're COVID denial, lockdown hesitancy that failed to contain an outbreak that infected us. There is a direct line of failure from Gladys to this outbreak. Then certain segments of the community don't follow the rules and it got out of control. That is the Victorian component to this failure which isn't a direct lane from anything Dan did.

So this outbreak is a failure of Gladys and members of the community. We had a lockdown, caused by an outbreak from NSW. Which was then opened up because testing suggested it was crushed again. Then it turns out one area of the community had a lot of people not following the lockdown rules and not getting tested, even with symptoms. So the impression we could open up was false. It is their failure that fucked everyone.

I don't know how you get around these issues. Unless it really was an authoritarian state.

Even though NSW is in a diabolical state there is at least some signs of things people can look forward to. Gladys seems to have a plan and many small businesses can start to prepare. I don't even know what Dan Andrews is doing?

Aren't we just following the national cabinet plan?

Which btw, is dumb and a failure of state and federal government. If you ever look into the doherty modelling, it's not actually about opening up. It's not taking into account the transmissibility of delta. It's not economic modelling. It doesn't actually factor in the capacity of healthcare in dealing with the COVID infections. Then only is modelled for 180 days, with the number of cases and hospital admissions increasing as it stops modelling.

So don't expect things to be going well once we're opening up.

Our outbreak is a direct result of the leadership in NSW. They're COVID denial, lockdown hesitancy that failed to contain an outbreak that infected us. There is a direct line of failure from Gladys to this outbreak. Then certain segments of the community don't follow the rules and it got out of control. That is the Victorian component to this failure which isn't a direct lane from anything Dan did.

So this outbreak is a failure of Gladys and members of the community. We had a lockdown, caused by an outbreak from NSW. Which was then opened up because testing suggested it was crushed again. Then it turns out one area of the community had a lot of people not following the lockdown rules and not getting tested, even with symptoms. So the impression we could open up was false. It is their failure that fucked everyone.

I don't know how you get around these issues. Unless it really was an authoritarian state.

Which btw, is dumb and a failure of state and federal government. If you ever look into the doherty modelling, it's not actually about opening up. It's not taking into account the transmissibility of delta. It's not economic modelling. It doesn't actually factor in the capacity of healthcare in dealing with the COVID infections. Then only is modelled for 180 days, with the number of cases and hospital admissions increasing as it stops modelling.

Oh well, they made a few boo boos. But that's ok because at least they can be voted out. Which is good as change can be good. unless you like things to stay exactly the same and that's fine too.

What positive things have you done during covid, Mr night?

Oh well, they made a few boo boos. But that's ok because at least they can be voted out. Which is good as change can be good. unless you like things to stay exactly the same and that's fine too.

What positive things have you done during covid, Mr night?

Do you honestly have any faith in the voters at the next election making an informed and merit-based decision? Regardless of where any of us fall politically, I don't think we at all can assume the votes will go the way we think they deserve to go based on performance.

There are SO many positive things I should have been doing that haven't. That's the biggest negative for me. So I will look back and go, "why didn't I do this during COVID." That is what it is though.

Positive things, I'm fitter than when COVID started. Not much else really. Just that kind of self-care, but I was doing that before COVID. I've just been good at keeping up with it. Although my running slacked off a bit this year after I took a few months off after hurting my big toe on a diving boat in Dec. I also learned to scuba dive during covid, which was a positive thing and awesome. Done 34 dives, including diving a ship wreck near Townsville. So awesome!

Trying to ramp up my running at the moment. Last week I ran 6 days in a row (too much), and in the evenings I was like, "this is so strange, I feel so good, both mentally and physically."

Yourself?

Do you honestly have any faith in the voters at the next election making an informed and merit-based decision? Regardless of where any of us fall politically, I don't think we at all can assume the votes will go the way we think they deserve to go based on performance.

There are SO many positive things I should have been doing that haven't. That's the biggest negative for me. So I will look back and go, "why didn't I do this during COVID." That is what it is though.

Positive things, I'm fitter than when COVID started. Not much else really. Just that kind of self-care, but I was doing that before COVID. I've just been good at keeping up with it. Although my running slacked off a bit this year after I took a few months off after hurting my big toe on a diving boat in Dec. I also learned to scuba dive during covid, which was a positive thing and awesome. Done 34 dives, including diving a ship wreck near Townsville. So awesome!

Trying to ramp up my running at the moment. Last week I ran 6 days in a row (too much), and in the evenings I was like, "this is so strange, I feel so good, both mentally and physically."

Yourself?
In this thread I have faith that the voters will make the best choice.

I haven't really been in lockdown because I live on the gold coast.

Agree sooo much with this!!

And what was the excuse before this current outbreak?

The virus is so present around the world that it could have come from almost anywhere!

If you go back far enough couldn't you trace it back to China?

The Crossroads Hotel outbreak in SW Sydney last year was linked to the VIC outbreak. What's your point?

NSW being linked to the recent wave in Victoria doesn't explain all of the other lockdowns there.

Last edited:
I think I might become an eccentric....

I live in a remote area with about 200 people, Woolies is 120km round trip. Last Friday was my monthly shop in town & I somehow got a virus, sore throat, head cold type of thing. No one was coughing near me, or sneezing, I must have touched a surface that some germ ridden person smothered with their poisoness paws :(

Anyway 3 days of absolute torture getting over this thing, so from now on I'm going to buy a pair of little white gloves and wear them whenever I go into town... Just have to train myself not to touch my face with them on :)

The thing is, you can catch a virus so easily, I was slightly more than average on germophobe scale,. I always grab 3 towel thingys at Woolies to use on their shopping trolleys and either use my foot to open doors or grab the handle with my shirt, still to no avail - I got sick :(

And what was the excuse before this current outbreak?

The virus is so present around the world that it could have come from almost anywhere!

If you go back far enough couldn't you trace it back to China?

The Crossroads Hotel outbreak in SW Sydney last year was linked to the VIC outbreak. What's your point?

NSW being linked to the recent wave in Victoria doesn't explain all of the other lockdowns there.

Some very passionate point making there, young Expressive! In such a short time you've once again become a valuable member of this community.

Back