Skip to main content

The Circle on Netflix

I hope they block the real Michelle when they're forced to choose between them. Would be interesting seeing it play out the other way around this time.

I hope they block the real Michelle when they're forced to choose between them. Would be interesting seeing it play out the other way around this time.
That definitely would make things interesting. I did manage to grab this from the trailer as well. I can’t decide if the blonde is Ava or another newbie? 2BAB9890-DD48-4412-A379-083E45FCF0F7.jpeg

OK watched the first ep and Americans are so annoying. :roflmao: Or maybe it's just this cast. Matthew is the only one I like and if I met him he'd be entertaining for about 30 minutes. Maybe an hour.

Nick says "laydeez" too much and reminds me of Chuck Woolery:

Untitled-1.jpg

Calvin, how many crosses do you need to wear? One is seriously more than enough.

Daniel the obnoxious 12yo can fuck right off.

The women I can deal with. Will be interesting to see how Ava and sidekick get along as a clone.

Anyway it's too early to be so judgemental but that's never stopped me. I will watch the next three eps before checking back here.

Wow my read must be off as I genuinely enjoy most of this cast. Nick and Ava are really the only two I can’t stand. Although Nick is easy on the eyes.

That said my instincts were correct about the first week. I hate how spoilery the trailer was as I clocked Ava as the clone and figured she didn’t last very long based on that second screen cap. I think Channel could have probably been a much better player on her own.

I just watched ep 1,2 and the beginning of 3 to see the outcome. This season is already heaps better than last and had me in stitches laughing already 😂

God botherer aside, when Calvin was wearing those silky silver shorts my attention was totally focused. Unfortunately they weren't nearly as revealing as Emmett's lime lycra shorts on Survivor.

The boot at the end was nor so surprising as they had not formed a connection with anyone.

Daniel calmed down after ep 1, but why was he wearing a pink and blue raincoat for an episode?

Anyway two boots down and no loss to the show so far.

God botherer aside, when Calvin was wearing those silky silver shorts my attention was totally focused.

I also caught that. Matt had one as well.

The boot at the end was nor so surprising as they had not formed a connection with anyone.

Refreshing to see the twist end with a different result this time around but I can’t help but feel that the girls weren’t worthy of the win. Yolanda did a far better job as Orange Tally. Michelle also had a lot more to like than Tally did.

I’m totally regretting having binged the first set of episodes so fast. Not only am I tired AF today as a result of staying up so late but now I have to wait a week for the next drop!!!

I am not even said that the real Michelle went home. She was so bad at playing the game:

1. First wasting time talking to blue Michelle privately instead of trying to form stronger connections with the other players

2. After being blocked, going to see blue Michelle instead of one of the other players who could have helped get blue Michelle blocked next.

And I can't stand Calvin or Daniel at all, especially Calvin.

Last edited:
1. First wasting time talking to blue Michelle privately instead of trying to form stronger connections with the other players
I wouldn't be surprised to find out production encouraged Michelle to speak with them. Tally did the same thing too.

2. After being blocked, going to see blue Michelle instead of one of the other players who could have helped get blue Michelle blocked next.
I can understand why she chose to go see them - you'd understandably want to know who got you blocked early and why they had cloned you. Sure you could find out why after production is done, but after getting your mind messed with for a day you'd just go for the quicker route.

I can understand why she chose to go see them - you'd understandably want to know who got you blocked early and why they had cloned you. Sure you could find out why after production is done, but after getting your mind messed with for a day you'd just go for the quicker route.
I was thinking - apart from wanting to know who'd ruined your game - producers would prefer her to visit Blue Michelle, so that what had happened wouldn't be immediately exposed, and she'd have a chance to continue to try and catfish for a while longer. So she might have been encouraged to follow this path if she'd even considered visiting anyone else.

One thing I thought Blue Michelle should have done earlier, when she was pulled into the boys' chat, was she could have said "oh my Lord, you know what I'm thinking? It couldn't be that girl Ava and her sister pretending to be me, could it?" Ultimately it didn't matter but would have been a great strategy to cast doubt on Orange Michelle right from the get go.

Based on some internet sleuthing, apparently this was filmed late last year - so I wonder what other things from UK series 3 (that hadn’t aired at the time) will just get carbon copied across this season.

At least with the UK show being axed, next time we should get some new twists. 🤞🏻

I was thinking - apart from wanting to know who'd ruined your game - producers would prefer her to visit Blue Michelle, so that what had happened wouldn't be immediately exposed, and she'd have a chance to continue to try and catfish for a while longer. So she might have been encouraged to follow this path if she'd even considered visiting anyone else.

One thing I thought Blue Michelle should have done earlier, when she was pulled into the boys' chat, was she could have said "oh my Lord, you know what I'm thinking? It couldn't be that girl Ava and her sister pretending to be me, could it?" Ultimately it didn't matter but would have been a great strategy to cast doubt on Orange Michelle right from the get go.
They really need to change up how they introduce twists as sooner or later, Players are going to catch on to the fact that pretty much any time the standard blocking format isn’t followed there’s a twist.

Based on some internet sleuthing, apparently this was filmed late last year - so I wonder what other things from UK series 3 (that hadn’t aired at the time) will just get carbon copied across this season.

At least with the UK show being axed, next time we should get some new twists. 🤞🏻
We don’t which series was filmed first.

They really need to change up how they introduce twists as sooner or later, Players are going to catch on to the fact that pretty much any time the standard blocking format isn’t followed there’s a twist.
Yeah exactly. When someone gets booted and there's no follow up video message, or nobody gets visited by a bootee, they're pretty obvious signs that that player is involved in some kind of twist, at least to anyone who's watch a season or two. Unless they do the casting by stealth, not telling auditionees what show it is, and then filter out anyone who's watched it, from their questionnaires?

But yeah I'd rather they mixed up the twists just for the audience's sake to keep it fresh.

Finally had chance to watch it. God, why did they let Ava have her sister in with her - ruined not just her experience but ours too and basically got her booted out twice.

It's clear this season will basically follow the format of the last UK one and that is interesting to see play out. As others have said fake Michelle staying is actually somewhat problematic - and no doubt producers had to take control of that exit situation. Indeed we certainly didn't see Michelle deliberating over who to see - she was probably just told she'd go and see the other Michelle. Also obviously the two chatting to each other was thrown in by producers too (though you would want to I'm sure), and it was a bit suss when they both set up group chats they went for a completely different group of three each.

It's quite nice that in contrast to the last UK series it mainly started out with real people rather than catfish. I'm not keen to be honest on all the catfish being based around friends (or best friends boyfriend - nothing weird about that!) as I think that actually goes against the concept of people being whoever they want to be in The Circle. It's interesting to have some catfish play people they know but also interesting to have others play people they are completely making up with pictures they have no connection too.

It's clear this season will basically follow the format of the last UK one
Some social media sleuthing shows that this was filmed right after the third UK season (so mid/late October through to November) as that's the only gap that they all seem to have in common on social media, so they'll likely follow the UK third series quite closely since it was never released outside of the UK so to most everything will seem new (they didn't even bother to change the colour used by the clone in the clone twist for this reason). The next two seasons of the Netflix incarnation will be interesting because we'll actually get new twists, rather than recycled ones being labeled as new.

Now that Blue Michelle has been blocked, I hope they reveal which one was real to the cast in the first episode this week. They like to fuck with their heads a bit, so good chance of it happening I'd say.

Back