Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor: Brains V Brawn - Episode 18 Discussion

How many advantages / idols etc should there be?

• Every 5th episode

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Every 2nd episode

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every episode

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Multiple idols & advantages per episode

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • The limit has been surpassed ages ago

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Bring it on, unlimited idols & advantages all the time

• About what they've been doing this season is OK

• They've completely screwed it...

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
The person who really needs the idol to survive always looks the hardest. Plus they don't show boring footage of everyone looking every episode. It's the same on US survivor, someone who would otherwise be voted off at every tribal often goes on an idol-finding spree, because once you've found a couple it is easier to predict likely places, and because when you're desperate, you don't stop looking.

I also think given Simon went out with two idols, there really should be more idols out there by the nature of the game returning idols as they are played or left with the player unplayed. So it is not a surfeit of idols for me. Anyway, as it's George and/or Cara finding them, I am not unhappy. Kez kept finding them earlier on in the game and no-one squealed about producer plants; Simon found two in short succession, also. Some people just have an eye for detail...and with no jungle foliage, the sorts of hiding places traditionally used are less available.
I forget who it was now, but years ago I was reading an overseas Survivors blog who stated that he used his peripheral vision when hunting for idols and actually saw out of the corner of his eye, the cameraman pan the camera towards the idol as he walked past it.:)
Subsequently he fluffed around for 5-10 minutes in an attempt to make it look like he didn't see the cameraman give it up and miraculously found the idol haha ...

lol his lime green pants 🤮 were his superhero costume haha.

I forget who it was now, but years ago I was reading an overseas Survivors blog who stated that he used his peripheral vision when hunting for idols and actually saw out of the corner of his eye, the cameraman pan the camera towards the idol as he walked past it.:)
Subsequently he fluffed around for 5-10 minutes in an attempt to make it look like he didn't see the cameraman give it up and miraculously found the idol haha ...
It's so blatant when watching you should follow the cameraman. Similarly when George was supposedly hiding in the grass whilst Hayleigh and Wei were talking surely it was blatantly obvious a camera was filming him.

Talking of cameras do they not film once it goes dark at all, or at least have some fixed cameras on camp? It always frustrates me that after an eventful Tribal the show picks up the next day clearly sometime after the tribe have got up.

David Genat refutes the camera theory in his Insta stories from yesterday.
He says the reason idol finds seem “convenient” is because it’s always people in trouble or at the bottom of an alliance who are desperate enough to go idol hunting. If you’re feeling safe or in a strong alliance there’s a dynamic where you don’t want to break away from the group as then you might miss out on some info. If they think you’re idol hunting your alliance might think you’re about to blindside them. He doesn’t think the camera men give anything away either.

It's so blatant when watching you should follow the cameraman. Similarly when George was supposedly hiding in the grass whilst Hayleigh and Wei were talking surely it was blatantly obvious a camera was filming him.

Talking of cameras do they not film once it goes dark at all, or at least have some fixed cameras on camp? It always frustrates me that after an eventful Tribal the show picks up the next day clearly sometime after the tribe have got up.
I've often thought that too about after dark conversations & incidents. Perhaps the budget doesn't allow for 24 hours camera crews anymore and they specifically forbid juicy conversations or after dark wanderings ???
But it does seem almost implausible that as you stated, upon returning from tribal that would be when the conversation is at its prime ... US Survivor always starts with the conversations from the previous episodes post tribal at camp conversations.

There has been some very exciting tribals with all the idols and advantages floating about and George has executed some very interesting moves that must have generated conversations. Surely Dani had something to say when she initiated Emmets blindisde and almost got voted out herself, where was that conversation - I think I heard her say one thing about it as she picked up her torch to leave tribal and that was it....

Yeah the cameras should really follow them back to camp for an hour, but I suppose it's past their bedtime and 10 can't afford the penalty rates.

They probably get told to relive post-TC conversations in the morning after they get up.

It's a bit like the 9-5 version of BB we get from Seven we get now.

I hope someone can think of an interesting or funny poll for tonight's thread. I'm running out of ideas and it's too soon for another 'who will win' one.

Back