Skip to main content

BBUS 23 (includes live feed and episode spoilers)

I don't get why anyone going on a reality show doesn't at the very least lock their social media accounts, if not delete them completely. That one tweet you liked 9 years ago when you were still in high school will probably get you lynched.

Rumour has it thereā€™s going to be another casting swapā€¦ No word yet on who and weā€™ll likely never know the true reason why.

Honestly I have no idea why CBS decided to change course on releasing the cast in the first place. The premiere (or day of) always seemed like the optimal time given the live premiere and the strict COVID Safe protocol in place. Also with what weā€™ve received from CBS in terms of the reveal hasnā€™t really been worth it either.

I don't get why anyone going on a reality show doesn't at the very least lock their social media accounts, if not delete them completely. That one tweet you liked 9 years ago when you were still in high school will probably get you lynched.

Maybe the point is that people should not be giving power to people with the mental fortitude of soggy oatmeal and their calls to cancel everyone that doesn't and hasn't always aligned with themselves politically in the current moment.

Maybe the point is that people should not be giving power to people with the mental fortitude of soggy oatmeal and their calls to cancel everyone that doesn't and hasn't always aligned with themselves politically in the current moment.
Cancel culture is not the problem. The problem has been for many years that we donā€™t hold people accountable for their actions. So in turn when someone is held accountable itā€™s viewed as extreme.

If youā€™re coming here to throw around pro-Trump propaganda youā€™ve come to the wrong place. Racism, xenophobia, fascism, and sedition arenā€™t things to be overlooked as a simply a difference of opinion.

Last edited:
I've no problem with holding people accountable for their actions. I do have a problem with people digging out something they posted when they were 13 and assuming it defines their character many years later.

Anyhow, no surprise they've had to switch some members of the cast. Baffled me why they released it so early with the premiere being live - would have been better off holding off till today at the earliest, if not revealing them at all.

Cancel culture is not the problem. The problem has been for many years that we donā€™t hold people accountable for their actions. So in turn when someone is held accountable itā€™s viewed as extreme.

If youā€™re coming here to throw around pro-Trump propaganda youā€™ve come to the wrong place. Racism, xenophobia, fascism, and sedition arenā€™t things to be overlooked as a simply a difference of opinion.

See, here's the problem. You go straight to a list of things all bad, (almost) everyone agrees. It's the blanket use of them over everything used as weapons whether they apply or not. Then everyone too scared to stand up on any principle. Scared they get labelled them.

Your use of mentioning Trump comes across like a threat that even talking out about this will label be one of the bad things. When these are incredibly liberal principles I am discussing. Far from anything Trumpian. There's a serious problem with discourse these days because being are quick to other anyone that doesn't completely agree or think the way they're supposed to.

An American following any of those Twitter handles does not automatically equal them standing for "racism, xenophobia, fascism, and sedition." It's corrosive to a civil society that people are getting deluded into think unless you're of one brand of political ideology, you have no place in society. Just recklessly dehumanised which will not have good consequences for anyone if it continues to get worse. The more it happens, the more it's reinforcing this world view in peoples minds. It's an ideological puritanism to a one-party authoritarian society. I wouldn't have voted for Trump if I was American, but the idea that there's only one correct party you should vote for is insanity.

There needs to be context. The problem is context and subtlety is almost never applied in these situations. There also needs to be a path back for anyone who has thought, said, done or known something that is wrong. Also, people can have different opinions. Actions is what matters. That has been lost in this current moment of thought crimes, wrong speech, asking the wrong questions etc. No concern that is a person with value. No concern to, "why do they think, why did they say, why might they..." It's just straight to them having no value as a bad person. It's a toxic illiberal ideology. I chose to be on the side of liberalism because it's how we as a society have helped fight to end things like racism, xenophobia and fascism.

I've no problem with holding people accountable for their actions. I do have a problem with people digging out something they posted when they were 13 and assuming it defines their character many years later.

Anyhow, no surprise they've had to switch some members of the cast. Baffled me why they released it so early with the premiere being live - would have been better off holding off till today at the earliest, if not revealing them at all.
Part of me wants to agree with you and the other part thinks that if youā€™re going to put yourself in the public eye there should be an expectation that your past can/will be used against you especially if itā€™s on the internet.

In my opinion I would argue most of his comes down to cancel culture, particularly from extreme leftists. I really do not care what these people's political opinions are from years back. If they don't agree with my political views I really take no interest. I am not a political person, and as a gay person I literally would vote for gay marriage to be made illegal again just to have the old BB format back LOL. Of course these people need to understand that when they sign up to a show like this their social media footprints are going to come back to haunt them. But IMO I base my opinions of these people on what I see on the show and feeds, not what I see them post on social media years back or even if it is modern.

See, here's the problem. You go straight to a list of things all bad, (almost) everyone agrees. It's the blanket use of them over everything used as weapons whether they apply or not. Then everyone too scared to stand up on any principle. Scared they get labelled them.

Your use of mentioning Trump comes across like a threat that even talking out about this will label be one of the bad things. When these are incredibly liberal principles I am discussing. Far from anything Trumpian. There's a serious problem with discourse these days because being are quick to other anyone that doesn't completely agree or think the way they're supposed to.

An American following any of those Twitter handles does not automatically equal them standing for "racism, xenophobia, fascism, and sedition." It's corrosive to a civil society that people are getting deluded into think unless you're of one brand of political ideology, you have no place in society. Just recklessly dehumanised which will not have good consequences for anyone if it continues to get worse. The more it happens, the more it's reinforcing this world view in peoples minds. It's an ideological puritanism to a one-party authoritarian society. I wouldn't have voted for Trump if I was American, but the idea that there's only one correct party you should vote for is insanity.

There needs to be context. The problem is context and subtlety is almost never applied in these situations. There also needs to be a path back for anyone who has thought, said, done or known something that is wrong. Also, people can have different opinions. Actions is what matters. That has been lost in this current moment of thought crimes, wrong speech, asking the wrong questions etc. No concern that is a person with value. No concern to, "why do they think, why did they say, why might they..." It's just straight to them having no value as a bad person. It's a toxic illiberal ideology. I chose to be on the side of liberalism because it's how we as a society have helped fight to end things like racism, xenophobia and fascism.
Trumpā€™s made it very clear that he stand for everything Iā€™ve said he doesā€¦ His followers are also very much aware of it as well. If certain followers choose to look past those things theyā€™re complacent and that is unacceptable.

It should also be said that no one on #BB23 has argued that Travis should be cancelled simply because heā€™s a Trump supporter. That said there are concerns surrounding itā€¦ Especially given the series commitment to racial equity and inclusivity. The last thing we need is another series marred by accusations of racism, xenophobia, and insensitivity.

Also this isnā€™t a politics threadā€¦

In my opinion I would argue most of his comes down to cancel culture, particularly from extreme leftists. I really do not care what these people's political opinions are from years back. If they don't agree with my political views I really take no interest. I am not a political person, and as a gay person I literally would vote for gay marriage to be made illegal again just to have the old BB format back LOL. Of course these people need to understand that when they sign up to a show like this their social media footprints are going to come back to haunt them. But IMO I base my opinions of these people on what I see on the show and feeds, not what I see them post on social media years back or even if it is modern.
I get that youā€™re just joking but Iā€™m slightly concerned by one of your comments. I definitely think your marriage equality joke was in poor taste. Itā€™s never ok to deny fundamental human rights to people and itā€™s more than just a ā€œdifference of opinionā€.

I donā€™t believe Travis is a victim of cancel culture. While there is an opinion that his casting is questionable and a reasonable expectation that his political views might influence his behaviour in the game thereā€™s been no campaign calling for his removal.

At the end of the day heā€™s made the choice to take part in the show and open himself up to judgement and ridicule. He also made the choice to leave his social media active and public whist in the house. I also think itā€™s reasonable that fans have made snap judgements about him in regards to his political beliefs. The concern is also justified given productions commitment to inclusion and diversity and based on the problematic behaviours that come along with that group of followers.

The house. The Beach Club style really does sum up how it feels like a set when you've certain other shows which are actually filmed in a beach villa.

That said for what it is it is a pretty decent effort, but been a long time I think since a BB house reveal has made me go "wow". (Well, six months since the three story Quebec house was revealed, but that's an actual house).

The house. The Beach Club style really does sum up how it feels like a set when you've certain other shows which are actually filmed in a beach villa.

That said for what it is it is a pretty decent effort, but been a long time I think since a BB house reveal has made me go "wow". (Well, six months since the three story Quebec house was revealed, but that's an actual house).
I like the upstairs lounge and the return of the indoor gym. Other than that itā€™s pretty standard IMO. I donā€™t love it but I donā€™t hate it either. In terms of theming I wish they went with more of a cohesive design rather than a bunch of loosely themed rooms.

I quite like the house! The reef room's bed arrangement is a bit ambitious. I might give this season a go.

I get that youā€™re just joking but Iā€™m slightly concerned by one of your comments. I definitely think your marriage equality joke was in poor taste. Itā€™s never ok to deny fundamental human rights to people and itā€™s more than just a ā€œdifference of opinionā€.

I donā€™t believe Travis is a victim of cancel culture. While there is an opinion that his casting is questionable and a reasonable expectation that his political views might influence his behaviour in the game thereā€™s been no campaign calling for his removal.

At the end of the day heā€™s made the choice to take part in the show and open himself up to judgement and ridicule. He also made the choice to leave his social media active and public whist in the house. I also think itā€™s reasonable that fans have made snap judgements about him in regards to his political beliefs. The concern is also justified given productions commitment to inclusion and diversity and based on the problematic behaviours that come along with that group of followers.

I'll agree to disagree with you on that. I was just making a joke which I wouldn't even find offensive if a straight person said it to me. The more offence is taken to off handed jokes like this is what causes divisions between those who are queer and those who are not. A lot of LGBT people would disagree with me and I'm content with that. I personally feel that a lot of minority groups just hate on straight white male contestants due to them being just that. It's not someone's fault they are a minority as it isn't a straight white man's fault he isn't a minority. I'm not gonna jump on the Stan train for specific contestants just because they are a minority or represent something. I take 0 interest in that. if theres a straight man and a gay man in the final 2, based purely off what is purely archetype or assumed life experience I am likely to side with the gay guy, but if I don't find the character dynamic or interesting and if I do not like their gameplay then I see no reason why I shouldn't root for the opposer. regardless of political opinions if people really want to hold that against someone on the show then that is their own choice, it's not how I choose who I root for on these shows. Politics means nothing to me so I am happy to root for people based on what they bring to the show and how the play. I find a lot of BB fans and Survivor fans as well are very quick to disregard the straight white male players simply because they aren't representing a minority. It's all well and good to want to see a POC or a LGBT person win these shows of course I agree that's important, but I am more concerned on the right person winning rather than who morally deserves it and who looks better as a minority awareness poster child for CBS.

I quite like the house! The reef room's bed arrangement is a bit ambitious. I might give this season a go.
The house is very.... "Blue" lol. I like that the upstairs part is now covered up with walls, ads an extra secret place for houseguests to strategise secretly. I do like the look of the HoH room, and I'm excited to see what this new area in the backyard looks like.

Back