Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

That's how the virus works. The reality is that we're in a pandemic and can't be COVID 0 forever. Like I said there has to be a balance between health and the economy. It's too costly to just lockdown every time there are 1 or 2 cases.
Those clusters went over 1 or 2 cases though. They were building everyday.

I agree if it’s a small outbreak then a lockdown isn’t the way to go (and they can manage it). However NSW have been anti-lockdown and they are only going hard now because their hands are forced. They dragged their feet this week.

They and the federal government made it political the whole lockdown vs. no lockdown issue.

I agree if it’s a small outbreak then a lockdown isn’t the way to go (and they can manage it). However NSW have been anti-lockdown and they are only going hard now because their hands are forced. They dragged their feet this week.

They and the federal government made it political the whole lockdown vs. no lockdown issue.

Morrison is the worst.

I agree if it’s a small outbreak then a lockdown isn’t the way to go. However NSW have been anti-lockdown and they are only going hard now because their hands are forced. They dragged their feet this week.

Point is the case numbers weren't huge. Relative to other countries or Victoria they were very manageable. I don't think anti-lockdown is a fair description of NSW. I think our state has aimed for balance of public safety/the economy. I and many other residents support that. Maybe in VIC or wherever you are you have a different perspective and experience.

So many stupid lefty views in this thread.

I am going to take a break from here. It is unhealthy.
Felt the same way the middle of this week. Not very nice when your view is dismissed and ganged up by posters.

Don’t worry I’m sure this thread will become more balanced by others to your views later on.

I am. I can still in some circumstances make comment to whether people of my gender are good looking. Plus you know, people constantly talk about it.

It is interesting. 95% of the straight men I know would never dare comment on that. I find that women are more accepting to comment on pretty women though.

Felt the same way the middle of this week. Not very nice when your view is dismissed and ganged up by posters.

Don’t worry I’m sure this thread will become more balanced by others to your views later on.

Yes by the right wing Murdoch trolls.

Point is that the case numbers weren't huge. Relative to other countries or Victoria they were very manageable. I don't think anti-lockdown is a fair description of NSW. I think our state has aimed for balance of public safety and the economy. I and many other residents support that approach. Maybe in VIC or wherever you are you have a different perspective and experience.
Anti-lockdown is a fair description of the NSW government. Funny how other states agree with this sentiment. Maybe you have been brainwashed by the NSW media?

Like I said they dragged their feet this week because they didn’t want their “gold standard” superiority complex ruined. It’s bad for everyone when states are pitted against each other.

Anti-lockdown is a fair description of the NSW government. Funny how other states agree with this sentiment. Maybe you have been brainwashed by the NSW media?

Like I said they dragged their feet this week because they didn’t want their “gold standard” superiority complex ruined. It’s bad for everyone when states are pitted against each other.

Let's hope that the arrogance of the nsw government doesn't hurt the people in that state.

Let's hope that the arrogance of the nsw government doesn't hurt the people in that state.
They’re doing the right thing now at least which is what really matters. Hopefully it wasn’t too late. I do think politics played a big part why things weren’t done earlier but hopefully the NSW people won’t suffer because of that.

It's an unfair description because it's very absolutist and doesn't fit the reality. NSW not resorting to lockdown as an immediate response does not mean lockdown isn't an option they'll consider if necessary. The Northern Beaches outbreak and what we're going through now is an example of that.

It's an unfair description because it's very absolutist and doesn't fit the reality. NSW not resorting to lockdown as an immediate response does not mean lockdown isn't an option they'll consider if necessary. The Northern Beaches outbreak and what we're going through now is an example of that.

Will you be affected by the lock down?

Back