Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Your view of the world is one that is based on watching 70's tv programs and Tina Arena videos. You have a wonderfully niave and sheltered view of the world and one that a true misandrist has hopefully never entered. But if it makes you feel better to call me that then go right ahead.
Isee this is a Housewives-level comeback. I love it!

Wow, isee, you sure have changed. Or maybe it's your misandry showing. Who knows? A few years ago you wouldn't have even entertained even engaging in that right wing media. But now you're treating that Murdoch bigotry like it's normal.
I doubt you even watched the video.

‘a clear indication that they do not believe their governments have the capacity to adequately contact trace in the event of an outbreak.’

However refusing to grant exemptions for people going through the most fundamental moments of human existence – the very beginning and end of life itself – is a level of either heartlessness or incapacity I have never seen in more than 20 years of political journalism.

Sums it up nicely.

While it is very easy to sympathise with a lot of these stories. It's just a no-win situation. That couple that couldn't hold their baby, even if they were vaccinated, that doesn't prevent you from spreading the virus. There was a risk to the baby. If the baby caught COVID, the story would be all about "how dare they let us, not warn us of the risk to our newborn."

In NSW, by contrast, the government’s calm, clever and sensitive navigation of the crisis continues without such drastic theatrics
They're currently gambling with the outcome of the little lockdown. That is calm or clever. It's incredibly risky.

It is both politically popular and a clear indication that they do not believe their governments have the capacity to adequately contact trace in the event of an outbreak.
Joe showing, like usual, he doesn't actually grasp the issues at hand. You can't contact trace your way out of a pandemic. Once the virus gets out there to even a low level, you're stuffed. It is a tool in helping to prevent, and strict border restrictions are needed so such a system has any chance of being effective.

This thread:
D03-A0-FD2-2-A57-4774-BF19-4-D0-E554-EC7-A8.jpg

Lockdown should be a last resort and not the immediate response every time there is an outbreak. It's not economically sustainable! The usual NSW strategy has not worked this time and that is a shame. If a lockdown is needed then I will accept that but I won't be criticising NSW for using other methods of suppression first!

Considering the number of international travellers we take (including many residents of other states) our state has done a good job during this pandemic and I won't accept criticism from other states that don't put in anywhere near the same level of effort in helping bring back returning Australians.

Lockdown should be a last resort and not the immediate response every time there is an outbreak. It's not economically sustainable. The usual NSW strategy has not worked this time and that is a shame. If a lockdown is needed then I will accept that but I won't be criticising NSW for using other methods of suppression first.

Considering the number of international travellers we take (including many residents of other states) our state has done a good job during this pandemic and I won't accept criticism from other states that don't put in anywhere near the same level of effort in helping bringing back returning Australians.

Lockdown should be one of the first things to do, not the last. If you leave it to last then it means lockdown will last for that much longer.

And not accepting criticism is just stupid.

@Drama ^ Going to be a lot worse economically if an outbreak gets out of hand and spreads for months than a short snap lockdown.

WA and Queensland perfect examples of snap lockdowns and acting quickly.

Back