Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2021: Final 3 (contains spoilers)

How does it set a "terrible precedent" compared to a producers favourite who has been gifted multiple advantages winning?
This is true.

That doesn’t mean I condone the favoritism and one sided footage presented to us on the show. I feel like the guy who we saw the most strategy from is the bloke I would rather won based on entertainment value, and that’s how I have always voted in the past when we were able to.

Honestly I don’t care all that much who wins because this format at best scores a 2/10 for me, it is Big Brother in big quotation marks. Thinking about it, I think actually that even if Marley wins, production will still install big personalities for next year and production will personally decide who to throw in the spotlight, who to save etc. The challenge / nomination model they have is not a great dynamic for our BB and Survivor does a better job at it IMO. I want to love this rendition of BB, I really do, but finding it hard.

I wonder if @stat man made a mistake with Jayne and it’s actually Tilly.
If it’s Dan, Marley and SJ then I reckon Marley wins, although I’d vote Dan.
If it’s Dan, Marley and Tilly then I think Tilly has a good chance, and I would be voting for her.

If it’s Dan, Marley and Tilly then I think Tilly has a good chance, and I would be voting for her.
I honestly think if he's made a mistake, then it will be Christina rather than Dan. Tilly seems to have made it obvious on SM that she's not in the 3 and even hinted Christina is...

I’ve read from a few sources that Tilly comes 4th.

It makes sense considering that Dan also has a Final 3 deal with SJ and Marley.

It's kind of an odd experience, knowing or thinking you know the final 3. I don't know if it makes it more interesting, but it's definitely interesting in a different way to watch.

Marley wins, because realistically people don't vote on the best housemate. It's who "deserves the money more." Danny is rich. SJ, who knows her situation. She's old and doesn't seem like she is hard up. She had frickin' Mercedes Benz showcases about her travels to India. Marley is a nice young guy. It's impact his life more and for the better. He'll probably propose or something to his girlfriend. People will want that. Bigger impact on his life than the others.

That said, I will vote for Danny because I am not a sucker like the general public. Who I want to win never wins.

It's kind of an odd experience, knowing or thinking you know the final 3. I don't know if it makes it more interesting, but it's definitely interesting in a different way to watch.

Marley wins, because realistically people don't vote on the best housemate. It's who "deserves the money more." Danny is rich. SJ, who knows her situation. She's old and doesn't seem like she is hard up. She had frickin' Mercedes Benz showcases about her travels to India. Marley is a nice young guy. It's impact his life more and for the better. He'll probably propose or something to his girlfriend. People will want that. Bigger impact on his life than the others.

That said, I will vote for Danny because I am not a sucker like the general public. Who I want to win never wins.

I wonder who would win if they did it like American big brother and had the housemates vote on it as a jury? Still keeping the final three but having the last several housemates before who were evicted being the ones to vote on the winner. I reckon Marley would still win. He seems to have crazy social connections to everyone in that house.

I was wondering that myself, and how different people would play. The way the show is edited makes asking the viewers to vote a non-starter really as they just don't see the true story of how the show unfolded.

Daniel deciding to throw Adriana under the bus to get in good with Marley is just so stupid to me. He'd have a much better chance if he took Adriana to the end rather than Marley.

I honestly think if he's made a mistake, then it will be Christina rather than Dan. Tilly seems to have made it obvious on SM that she's not in the 3 and even hinted Christina is...

I have no idea how Christina would make the Final 3 at this point. Seems as if she wants Marley out which will not happen by spoilers. So having them both in the Top 3 is extremely unlikely.

Daniel deciding to throw Adriana under the bus to get in good with Marley is just so stupid to me. He'd have a much better chance if he took Adriana to the end rather than Marley.
I think he probably realised that without Marley he probably wouldn’t have even made it to the end.

I have no idea how Christina would make the Final 3 at this point. Seems as if she wants Marley out which will not happen by spoilers. So having them both in the Top 3 is extremely unlikely.
True. I'm not sure how both would make it, but equally stunned if Danny makes it after tonight. He seems to only have SJ and Marley on side now..

I’ve been wrestling with this in my head. In a perfect world I wouldn’t have any spoilers, but I just can’t help myself from clicking the spoiler button.
It has been interesting and I don’t think necessarily any less entertaining. It’s been interesting knowing the final 3 but not really knowing how they get there.

True. I'm not sure how both would make it, but equally stunned if Danny makes it after tonight. He seems to only have SJ and Marley on side now..

I think Sid will stay around for a while too as they need his vote now.

Danny and SJ will make it if Marley or Sid keep winning challenges which is likely. (More so Marley) Only other person who seems highly likely to win challenges is Christina so I expect that she will be gone soon. The only way I could see the Final 3 working as is spoiled is with Christina’s exit.

I’ve been wrestling with this in my head. In a perfect world I wouldn’t have any spoilers, but I just can’t help myself from clicking the spoiler button.
It has been interesting and I don’t think necessarily any less entertaining. It’s been interesting knowing the final 3 but not really knowing how they get there.
Agree with this, It is entertaining to watch the strategies unfold and what path the final 3 actually take to get to there.

There's also the element of surprise of, "what if it is wrong." That is a fun element.

Building off your comment, I wonder if it would be an interesting aspect of rewatching a BB series. Something I have never done. However, in past series. I couldn't imagine getting any more enjoyment knowing Trevor was going to win. Over this version of BB where it's all game playing.

There's also the element of surprise of, "what if it is wrong." That is a fun element.

Building off your comment, I wonder if it would be an interesting aspect of rewatching a BB series. Something I have never done. However, in past series. I couldn't imagine getting any more enjoyment knowing Trevor was going to win. Over this version of BB where it's all game playing.

Watching a hundred episodes of the ten big brother season would take some serious commitment.

Watching a hundred episodes of the ten big brother season would take some serious commitment.
But go by so much quicker than watching a single episode of the Seven series.

You can easily get through a week in a night, certainly pre-FNL era anyway. 20-22 minutes for a daily show, 46 minutes for evictions/nominations in the days when hour long shows generally lasted an hour.

At a rough guess a week of BB on Ten clocks in at just over three and a half hours, which is not much different to a week of three episodes on Seven. For later series FNL and the increasing number of specials adds to that a bit, but you'd still fly through it quicker than you think. Also don't think watching FNL would be crucial in rewatching the series - you only need to know who wins which you find out in the Sunday show anyway.

I watched fairly recently 2014/ 2015 season.? I dunno. Cant remember. The one which had most on youtube sequentially. Skipped eviction shows. Forwarded thru the padding but still got the gist and feeling. Even from speed skimming it still had more verismilitude than the last two present incantations. Home and away has more pathos and unexpected turns. And I loathe home and away and soaps in general. But bb now in OZ is the soapiest of soaps.

Back