Skip to main content

Big Brother, manipulating the vote

Did not watch last years bb. First bb I missed. Reading the posts about it on here, it sounds like I didn’t miss on anything.

NAILED IT !!! it's a cross between survivor and a poor mans hunger games. So disappointed with the nominations process also, what happened to the 1 2 and 3 points that housemates used to give the evictees.
I totally forgot about those, thanks for the reminder!! Yeah so many goid things about the OG series.

Although I don't think the points system is necessary actually with the three nominations consistently including a "safe vote" having a 1/2 point system so they have to award points to 2 of them might shake it up a bit and stop the landslide votes.

Although I don't think the points system is necessary actually with the three nominations consistently including a "safe vote" having a 1/2 point system so they have to award points to 2 of them might shake it up a bit and stop the landslide votes.
With the 321 points allocation, you end up dragging in some under the radar housemates in to the mix, this is always entertaining to watch.

"Under the radar" was such a BB Aus thing and really quite unfair manipulation. Yes, some fly under the radar because they're just not that interesting and not engaging, but where it is a strategy, whether in the old or new format, it should be respected as such and down to the nominating housemate whether they recognise that as a threat.

With all due respect brekkie..."flying under the radar " is such a stupid pejorative description from those sitting in a lounge chair.
Even in days of yore we knew 50% of the story even with "livestreams"
I know its not your description but I loathe these empty blanket staements.
The whole thing turned on its head here in oz....when the public no longer decided evictions. Its the crucial difference. More than lacking live feeds or such. If the control is taken out of the publics hands...its inevitable at best...boring...at worst heavily scripted and edited..
That purely has been the demise of oz bb imo. Nothing matters to the end. When we the public get to vote on limited choices of most likely peeps we dont like how they played.
The beauty was always in the duality of playing the game inside the house and outside the house on a weekly basis.
To appease housemates and the audience. A truly difficult task. Now. Its survivor tasks with heavily edited villaind and heroes which we all know are engineered. Appealing to a new generation and younger "instant" demogtaphic? probably.
I dont want to be a basher and I understand some folks still liking the show. But the premise is long lost. Its morphed into another generic reality show when someone will go after an event.
BB was always the point of difference for me.
Forgive me..Im waffling.

Last edited:
Please nominate the “under the radars”!! I cannot stand them on my tv, they make worse tv than any villain or anyone that speaks up and takes some kinda initiative or expresses opinion, at least to us, the audience.

Players like Charlotte are a waste of a position on the show. lol

Please nominate the “under the radars”!! I cannot stand them on my tv, they make worse tv than any villain or anyone that speaks up and takes some kinda initiative or expresses opinion, at least to us, the audience.

Players like Charlotte provide a valuable service in inspiring others that they too can be on television. She is just your ordinary every day Princess trying her best in front on hundreds of thousands of judgemental people. And i think that takes a lot of bravery. So, hardly a waste.

Anyway, Daniel did want to team up with Katie to get rid of the under the radar people, but his bullying ways meant that she was never going to agree with that.

Last edited:

The show as a whole as got less entertaining, Nick should have been saved by BB. BB intervened and saved the two grannies, still scratching my head on that one. Nick and Daniel were hilarious, 6 newbies on Monday may save this predictable show, we can only hope...

Producers shouldn't be saving anyone.
If they do, it must be a part of a strict pre show planning. Unfortunately it’s too obviously not that, there are many specific incidents of premeditated intervention on specific characters that appear targeted & beggars belief to assume they’re random. If a HM like Charlotte got put in the bunker after being evicted then that would be a little interesting.

If they do, it must be a part of a strict pre show planning. Unfortunately it’s too obviously not that, there are many specific incidents of premeditated intervention on specific characters that appear targeted & beggars belief to assume they’re random. If a HM like Charlotte got put in the bunker after being evicted then that would be a little interesting.
But I think I the “fake eviction” happened on the same episode as last year. Suggests to me it was pre-planned.

But I think I the “fake eviction” happened on the same episode as last year. Suggests to me it was pre-planned.

Don't people normally get a task to return?

Terri failed hers and still was allowed to return. If SJ or Mary ends up winning. There'll also be an * to their win.

If you put SJ and Mary in a task against each other, it'd at least provide content. As is, all they did was leave the house, help team Katie in a way that couldn't be overcome for Team Dan.

The other really suss thing about it was Mary thinking that Jess may have voted for her. So BB got Jess into the Diary room, asked him to say who she voted for, only for the benefit of Mary listening in. How is that not displaying favouritism, stepping into the game and helping those alliances?

Don't people normally get a task to return?

Terri failed hers and still was allowed to return. If SJ or Mary ends up winning. There'll also be an * to their win.

If you put SJ and Mary in a task against each other, it'd at least provide content. As is, all they did was leave the house, help team Katie in a way that couldn't be overcome for Team Dan.

The other really suss thing about it was Mary thinking that Jess may have voted for her. So BB got Jess into the Diary room, asked him to say who she voted for, only for the benefit of Mary listening in. How is that not displaying favouritism, stepping into the game and helping those alliances?

They should have saved the double fake eviction to the end of the season, that's if the white room was going to make a return.

Back