Skip to main content

If canceled is BBAU dead?

I fear the worst if seven drives the viewership into the ground. This won’t seem great for future network considerations...

Ten met with ESA recently for a '22 workshop and, unprompted, added BB to their wishlist should it become available again. They're hungry for content.

Seven are contracted for a third season (VIP is a separate agreement) and ESA is comfortable about it staying with them for now.

I fear the worst if seven drives the viewership into the ground. This won’t seem great for future network considerations...
I disagree.

I strongly believe that now more than ever Ten will have a renewed interest in the show. Bringing it “home” and likely keen to invest in bringing elements of the original back, including an aspect of live feeds (legality permitting in a 2021 world). Almost in a similar vain to what Seven did recently with DWTS.

Regardless of ratings at the time of airing, I think the last several years have proved that networks will never not be interested in the Big Brother brand.

The argument can always be made that the format was the downfall of this version. Restore the format, maybe restore viewership. Personally, I just am not engaged as I used to be with previous versions. I struggle remembering some housemates names. There's an engagement with the show and housemates that is lost when it's not live and daily. When there aren't daily update blogs or live streams.

I personally would like to see the show reinvented in conjunction with a streaming platform. Although I think you still need the live broadcast aspect. If it went back to Ten, have daily shows, but on Paramount+ (rebranded 10 All Acess) they have live streams, extra content, adults-only, specials, eviction interviews etc. Maybe even have a GoggleBox style show for evicted housemates.

I really feel the propagation of streaming built into peoples TV's and their viewing habits has a lot of potentials. If you can just turn on your TV and have the live stream on. Wouldn't you put it on all the time in the background?

It's time for BB to evolve.

The argument can always be made that the format was the downfall of this version. Restore the format, maybe restore viewership. Personally, I just am not engaged as I used to be with previous versions. I struggle remembering some housemates names. There's an engagement with the show and housemates that is lost when it's not live and daily. When there aren't daily update blogs or live streams.

I personally would like to see the show reinvented in conjunction with a streaming platform. Although I think you still need the live broadcast aspect. If it went back to Ten, have daily shows, but on Paramount+ (rebranded 10 All Acess) they have live streams, extra content, adults-only, specials, eviction interviews etc. Maybe even have a GoggleBox style show for evicted housemates.

I really feel the propagation of streaming built into peoples TV's and their viewing habits has a lot of potentials. If you can just turn on your TV and have the live stream on. Wouldn't you put it on all the time in the background?

And they could have like an official podcast on the show!

I like the new format, it just needs some tweaks, and then it will be perfect. :)

I disagree.

I strongly believe that now more than ever Ten will have a renewed interest in the show. Bringing it “home” and likely keen to invest in bringing elements of the original back, including an aspect of live feeds (legality permitting in a 2021 world). Almost in a similar vain to what Seven did recently with DWTS.

Regardless of ratings at the time of airing, I think the last several years have proved that networks will never not be interested in the Big Brother brand.
“Bringing it home” and incorporating aspects of the original can only carry the show so far... IMO there also needs to be something new in the mix to keep things exciting and to move the show forward. As I said in my previous post I think the base concept of the Seven series is strong. The vast majority of the criticisms I’ve read stem from poor execution. I guarantee staying with a competitive format but doing it in a way that resembles the BB of old is 100% the way forward.

Ten met with ESA recently for a '22 workshop and, unprompted, added BB to their wishlist should it become available again. They're hungry for content.

Seven are contracted for a third season (VIP is a separate agreement) and ESA is comfortable about it staying with them for now.
What’s your source on this?

“Bringing it home” and incorporating aspects of the original can only carry the show so far... IMO there also needs to be something new in the mix to keep things exciting and to move the show forward. As I said in my previous post I think the base concept of the Seven series is strong. The vast majority of the criticisms I’ve read stem from poor execution. I guarantee staying with a competitive format but doing it in a way that resembles the BB of old is 100% the way forward.
I wouldn’t be mad if they basically replicated the format of BBCAN.

With 10 bringing back pilot week (specifically unscripted), the hungry for content bit feels about right.

That being said, if this were true, I wonder what format 10 would be interested in if they did get it back; ratings being as it is on 7, they’d be even worse on 10.

I don’t believe 10 are interested in Big Brother. They didn’t want it. Why didn’t they try to get it when 7 was looking at the show in 2019? A missed opportunity to bring Big Brother home 20 years after the original.

That being said, if this were true, I wonder what format 10 would be interested in if they did get it back; ratings being as it is on 7, they’d be even worse on 10.
Disagree - the ratings are a reflection of the shit we're being served up, regardless of what channel it's on.

10 has some great shows that do good number, The Masked Singer, Survivor, HYBPA come to mind.

Back