Skip to main content

Things That Make You Laugh

Trust in yourself. We all have doubts. Thats being human. You are a passionate individual as far as I can tell.
You are unique. As we all are. Take the time to celebrate that sometimes.
Me- Im just a drunk weirdo. But im ok with that. Occassionally I can be a rational logical man. :p

Yes, passionate about having a sense of humour.

You do tho. I enjoyed your toastmasters speeches you shared. You have a unique way about you. Celebrate that.

I also adore Flanders & Swan
(It's especially apt since the US happily has a new President)
Flanders: This may seem a rather strange subject for a song, but we have written what is perhaps a rather strange song. Anyway, it's called "Misalliance".

Both: The fragrant honeysuckle spirals clockwise to the sun,
And many other creepers do the same.
But some climb anti-clockwise, the bindweed does, for one,
Or Convolvulus, to give her proper name.
Rooted on either side a door, one of each species grew,
And raced towards the window-ledge above.
Each corkscrewed to the lintel in the only way it knew,
Where they stopped, touched tendrils, smiled, and fell in love.

Said the right-handed honeysuckle to the left-handed bindweed,
"Oh, let us get married, if our parents don't mind, we'd
Be loving and inseparable, inextricably entwined, we'd
Live happily ever after" said the honeysuckle to the bindweed.

To the honeysuckle's parents it came as a shock.
"The bindweeds," they cried, "are inferior stock!
They're uncultivated, of breeding bereft,
We twine to the right and they twine to the left."

Said the anti-clockwise bindweed to the clockwise honeysuckle,
"We'd better start saving, many a mickle macks a muckle,
Then run away for a honeymoon and hope that our luck'll
Take a turn for the better" said the bindweed to the honeysuckle.

A bee who was passing remarked to them then,
"I've said it before and I'll say it again,
Consider your offshoots, if offshoots there be,
They'll never receive any blessing from me".
"Poor little sucker, how will it learn,
When it is climbing, which way to turn?
Right, left, what a disgrace,
Or it may go straight up and fall flat on its face!"

Said the right-hand-thread honeysuckle to the left-hand-thread bindweed,
"It seems they're against us, all fate has combined.
Oh my darling, oh my darling, oh my darling Colombine,
Thou art lost and gone forever, we shall never intertwine".

Together, they found them, the very next day,
They had pulled up their roots and just shrivelled away.
Deprived of that freedom for which we must fight,
To veer to the left or to veer to the right!

My car will have to be repaired after some selfish deceitful person rammed into the back today while it was parked and didn't leave a note. I'm not driving it with a dent in the back looking like it was stolen and driven around in the western suburbs.

My car will have to be repaired after some selfish deceitful person rammed into the back today while it was parked and didn't leave a note. I'm not driving it with a dent in the back looking like it was stolen and driven around in the western suburbs.
Those bastards! Sorry to hear that.

That's very low alright, they probably don't have insurance or they don't want to front up and pay their excess to get your car repaired! Do you know where this happened if there is any CCTV camera's anywhere that may have recorded this event?

This exact same thing happened to my sisters car about 10 years ago in a supermarket carpark, but on her car the front bumper was pushed in on the passenger side a fair way and I only noticed it at home when I was walking towards the front of the car and thought that the front bumper bar looked a bit crooked. They left no note at all and I could even see a streak of blue paint scratch mark on the bumper bar from the vehicle that hit our car. I went straight back to that shopping centre and asked where I can possibly obtain any footage of the CCTV camera's in that carpark as there was a couple that I could see around the place. Anyway I was told that at the end of the day all the footage gets deleted or recorded over the next day. They also told me that those camera's aren't all that clear and more of a deterrent than actually anything useful to use...go figure.

Back to the story of my sisters car being an old school steel bumper car I just removed the bumper bar and all it's fittings. Just panel beated the bent mounting points back into close enough shape and chucked it back on and it looks as good as it did before it was hit. Lucky it was just a knudge from another car and it only moved the bumper bar in and didn't damage or bend any car panels or lights around it.

That's very low alright, they probably don't have insurance or they don't want to front up and pay their excess to get your car repaired! Do you know where this happened if there is any CCTV camera's anywhere that may have recorded this event?

This exact same thing happened to my sisters car about 10 years ago in a supermarket carpark, but on her car the front bumper was pushed in on the passenger side a fair way and I only noticed it at home when I was walking towards the front of the car and thought that the front bumper bar looked a bit crooked. They left no note at all and I could even see a streak of blue paint scratch mark on the bumper bar from the vehicle that hit our car. I went straight back to that shopping centre and asked where I can possibly obtain any footage of the CCTV camera's in that carpark as there was a couple that I could see around the place. Anyway I was told that at the end of the day all the footage gets deleted or recorded over the next day. They also told me that those camera's aren't all that clear and more of a deterrent than actually anything useful to use...go figure.

Back to the story of my sisters car being an old school steel bumper car I just removed the bumper bar and all it's fittings. Just panel beated the bent mounting points back into close enough shape and chucked it back on and it looks as good as it did before it was hit. Lucky it was just a knudge from another car and it only moved the bumper bar in and didn't damage or bend any car panels or lights around it.
Supermarkets are dangerous for cars.

Not sure if there is any CCTV there but it was a tight inner city residential street (very hard to park). Shame the footage at the supermarket was deleted in your sister's situation. I was furious but now I have calmed down. I take care of my car and things.

Not sure if there is any CCTV there but it was a tight inner city residential street (very hard to park). Shame the footage at the supermarket was deleted in your sister's situation. I was furious but now I have calmed down. I take care of my car and belongings.

You just never know there are CCTV camera's in all sorts of places now. With my sisters car they told me not to bother as the camera's were not that clear and only there mainly as a deterrent. I thought oh well great I wonder if the criminals also know this about these so called "safety security camera's". I just gave up and went home knowing not to bother with their CCTV footage as they weren't helpful at all.

With your car if you have full comprehensive insurance policy they should repair your car? I don't know if you pay any excess on those policies I have only ever had third party fire and theft insurance on my older cars. With third party they only cover the repairs to another vehicle if it's my fault in an accident. I have to repair my own car out of my own pocket.

You just never know there are CCTV camera's in all sorts of places now. With my sisters car they told me not to bother as the camera's were not that clear and only there mainly as a deterrent. I thought oh well great I wonder if the criminals also know this about these so called "safety security camera's". I just gave up and went home knowing not to bother with their CCTV footage as they weren't helpful at all.

With your car if you have full comprehensive insurance policy they should repair your car? I don't know if you pay any excess on those policies I have only ever had third party fire and theft insurance on my older cars. With third party they only cover the repairs to another vehicle if it's my fault in an accident. I have to repair my own car out of my own pocket.
Yes maybe it's better for me to get front and back dash cams. I shouldn't rely on CCTV. Also I have no idea what type of car insurance policy I have. Things like insurance are so boring to me that I just pay it and don't even read it properly. It's like an inconvenient expense that gets in the way of more exciting expenses like personal care/gym/other stuff.

I know enough people that know these types of things well to recommend the best option for me. Why bother reading a boring insurance policy when someone can just tell me? saves time that I can use to be out with the top open.

I know enough people that know these types of things well to recommend the best option for me. Why bother reading a boring insurance policy when someone can just tell me? saves time that I can use to be out with the top open.

Isn't it better to do your own research in the matter? I mean I'm no expert but for something important like car stuff I would not want to rely on other people.

Isn't it better to do your own research in the matter? I mean I'm no expert but for something important like car stuff I would not want to rely on other people.
I don't think you're reading my post properly. I'm not sourcing recommendations from random people

Last edited:
Back