Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2021 - Episode 6 Discussion (4 May, 7:30pm)

Is the Force with you?

• Yes

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
I wonder if housemates are even allowed to have any sexual activity in the house? Obviously not expecting that to go to air but there's so much we don't see or get to know about the housemates/what they do. Do we think nothing is going to happen when a group of people are together isolated from the world?

I wonder if housemates are even allowed to have any sexual activity in the house? Obviously not expecting that to go to air but there's so much we don't see or get to know about the housemates/what they do. Do we think nothing is going to happen when a group of people are together isolated from the world?

Looks like they can't. Unless the rules changed. Which i hope they haven't.

I'm pretty sure in 2005 there was, when they stayed overnight in a tent in the garden. The guy doing up his zip when he left the tent was a clue.There was a live stream then.

Oh, cool twist. I'm glad it's those two in the attic together.

That alarm challenge was excruciating with handfuls of people cluttering up the hallway etc shrieking and blocking the passage of the running person.

Fucking hard tofu! Soft tofu is not very nice, but really, that was ludicrous.

I'm pretty sure in 2005 there was, when they stayed overnight in a tent in the garden. The guy doing up his zip when he left the tent was a clue.There was a live stream then.
Jess said on Rove, when they were promoting that stupid love story show about her and Marty, that she and Marty had sex in the house...

Seriously. In these three weeks I have managed to buy three slabs from my downstairs neighbour but I think he is out of stock now. #thirdworldproblems
It was restricted here too. Couldn’t buy it after 9 pm. We are still in lockdown. But there were all sorts of court challenges and they overturned that particular restriction.
still can’t go into a shop though. Aside from groceries and pharmacies etc.

I am Big Brother now.
tenor.gif

Getting close to giving up on this shit
Its boring contrived crap
Nothing bb about it is there???
Do people keep saying this and expecting a different next episode?

No it's nothing remotely like the old BB. Well...there are some small elements which still give me nostalgia. But I'm enjoying it for what it is and what small moments of tension and confrontation we get is still pretty entertaining. We can no longer expect to get to know the housemates anymore because it doesn't want to spend the time showing that footage of people laying around talking by the pool or in the bedroom(didn't mean that to sound like a negative at all).

The eviction every night makes each episode worth watching at least. They couldn't expect people to watch this highly edited and produced stuff unless there was that draw card of some genuine nominating, voting and evicting. I haven't watched a show as it airs yet, only recorded. It's the best way too because I'm always fast forwarding through large parts of the mundane first brain numbing half like the mulcher/sheep hiding/balloon popping/buzzer tasks. It only gets enjoyable starting with the scrambling for who to put up for eviction in the lead up to the challenge.

As soon as Dreamworld went away with Mikey in tow that was the end of BB as we knew it. Even the Nine version feels like old school BB now when you look back at the house/housemates and things like the whole Drew and Tully drama.

I hope that one day Ten gets the rights back, rebuilds the house at Dreamworld with Gretel as host and Mikey narrating. Some small, tiny part of me actually believes that could happen. Like everything else being brought back for nostalgia sake.😁

Last edited:
Do people keep saying this and expecting a different next episode?

No it's nothing remotely like the old BB. Well...there are some small elements which still give me nostalgia. But I'm enjoying it for what it is and what small moments of tension and confrontation we get is still pretty entertaining. We can no longer expect to get to know the housemates anymore because it doesn't want to spend the time showing that footage of people laying around talking by the pool(didn't mean that to sound like a negative at all).

The eviction every night makes each episode worth watching at least. They couldn't expect people to watch this highly edited and produced stuff unless there was that draw card of some genuine nominating, voting and evicting. I haven't watched a show as it airs yet, only recorded. It's the best way too because I'm always fast forwarding through large parts of the mundane first brain numbing half like the mulcher/sheep hiding/buzzer challenge stuff. It only gets enjoyable starting with the scrambling for who to put up for eviction in the lead up to the challenge.

As soon as Dreamworld went away with Mikey in tow that was the end of BB as we knew it. Even the Nine version feels like old school BB now when you look back at the housemates and things like the whole Drew and Tully drama.

I hope that one day Ten gets the rights back, rebuilds the house at Dreamworld with Gretel as host and Mikey narrating. Some small, tiny part of me actually believes that could happen. Like everything else being brought back for nostalgia sake.😁

Yeah Mike Goldman was a great part of big brother.

Back