Skip to main content

Big Brother House evicted from North Shore

They should opt for Movie World. Considering they make movies there, I can't see why they couldn't pre-record a reality show. I'm sure the Queensland government would be all for it to secure jobs, publicity, etc.

The studios is probably too busy making movies to be bothered with Big Brother. I read something a recently that studios across Australia are basically now fully booked because productions are coming here because of COVID. That it is a problem for reality shows which just need one sound stage.

Sound leakage in the current house would be a major problem. The dreamworld site at least had some pretty decent barriers between them.

The current house looks like it would break if you kicked on the wall. Then possums and so on make it a little unhygienic and it would feel to the housemates that they were on set, rather than in an actual house.

it would feel to the housemates that they were on set, rather than in an actual house.
I think even in the DW house it would have felt like a set purely because of the lighting. Not to mention all the mirrors making it less house-like.

I think even in the DW house it would have felt like a set purely because of the lighting. Not to mention all the mirrors making it less house-like.
The dreamworld house didn’t use studio rig lighting. Mostly was fluorescent lighting or led strips/down lights in the end so it was “less studio set” and much more a house. A lot of the “lumps” you see on the roof is sound reverberation pads as well as speakers etc.

Attachments

• DD83F4BF-1C31-4371-AD96-90EB7E89B5D0.jpeg
    DD83F4BF-1C31-4371-AD96-90EB7E89B5D0.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 64C0A927-8FF8-4E07-B7D2-16FD088CE7D4.jpeg
    64C0A927-8FF8-4E07-B7D2-16FD088CE7D4.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 47
  • AD450A22-5E96-43D7-B677-22582A19A7D0.jpeg
    AD450A22-5E96-43D7-B677-22582A19A7D0.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
The dreamworld house didn’t use studio rig lighting. Mostly was fluorescent lighting or led strips/down lights in the end so it was “less studio set” and much more a house. A lot of the “lumps” you see on the roof is sound reverberation pads as well as speakers etc.
Looks like there also was much more height and roomyness in the Dreamworld site, compared to the 2020 version. Gives a much more airy sort of feel, which the 2020 version lacked. 2020 version was essentially just some facades in a shed. lol

Maybe so, but that lighting is still very intense and bright. My point is you would not feel like you were in a house with that.

Remember though, the main Dreamworld 'house' was just a shed with concrete walls on 3 sides. Similar enough to build the same interior into.

For me the difference was the lack of odd-shaped rooms and corridors which may have been a result of not having the usual camera runs, maximizing the floor area in the smaller sheds or even construction cost savings.

I also wonder if the different cameras (PTZ) dictated using different lighting. :conf:

The house was more of a build at Dreamworld though. Here we see the roofing literally attached to a rig and suspended from the roof of the shed
The core structure of the Dreamworld house was an aluminium shell on a concrete slab, no different to North Head. The only difference is how they chose to fit it out. Plumbing was under the flooring and power/cabling was overhead, just the same.

The biggest investment at the Dreamworld site, and the only meaningful point of difference, was the dedicated production studio, office and auditorium.

Maybe so, but that lighting is still very intense and bright. My point is you would not feel like you were in a house with that.
Versus a house full of mirrors? By point is that neither setup replicates any sense of normality.

I'd also argue that rig lighting is less intense as it diffuses more like a natural lighting source. Look at the photos of the Dreamworld house and see how many light fixtures it took to light a single room at any given time.

Back