Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Closed border vic stopping all from nsw
14 days quarantine if you want to avoid Christmas 🤒
If you are Victorian you can go home and isolate, you will be WATCHED strictly
Gladys is not perfect scomo....nsw has been very lucky, it is just surprising it took so long
Nsw has been rolling along a precipice untested and smug but never actually achieving a clean slate

I think the fact that Gladys and NSW Health won't confirm how the latest community transmissions have occurred is very concerning.
For a state that has the best contact tracing in the world, I don't know how they haven't tracked down patient zero yet. Rumours of it being spread by an exempted celeb or high profile person are probably accurate.

If it wasn't Christmas week, i'm 100% certain that a full hard lockdown would have been ordered. I guess if we start seeing community transmission outside the Northern Beaches, then that'll be the next step. At this stage, it seems to be relatively contained to the beaches, but I guess we'll know more at 11am.

What a cluster fuck this has turned out to be. Just when we start to see the back of this virus, it sneaks back up on us.

Well, it's back to no loo rolls on the shelves again here. What is it with these people!
We had just started having more people in the salon again, and using all the chairs, but I just got a message that we're back to where we were for the last 9 months. I actually prefer to have less people in the salon. Less noise!

Sounds like our plans to see our friends in the Blue Mountains on NYE will be off too, if things don't improve over the next couple of weeks. I was looking forward to seeing them to say good riddance to 2020, but we'll be doing that on our own at home now I suppose. No big deal. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I recently discovered one of my colleagues was an asymptomatic dickhead. It's weird how seemingly normal people can turn out to be raving conspiracy theorists.
I received a book of Covid nonsense for Christmas. I’m conflicted. It’s against my principles to destroy a book.

NSW.......WTF
Cricket test planned with 25,000 fans...insanity given current.virus outbreaks spreading out of control
If they don’t cancel fans and make it crowd less.....NSW priorities are going to kill people

NSW.......WTF
Cricket test planned with 25,000 fans...insanity given current.virus outbreaks spreading out of control
If they don’t cancel fans and make it crowd less.....NSW priorities are going to kill people
Revised to 10,000 - 25% of SCG capacity.
Masks not compulsory, only 'advised' !? But compulsory to duck into woolies for some bread & milk.
You cannot make this stuff up.

Revised to 10,000 - 25% of SCG capacity.
Masks not compulsory, only 'advised' !? But compulsory to duck into woolies for some bread & milk.
You cannot make this stuff up.

i get the impression that the nsw premier is more beholden to business figures and other shadowy right wing toxics than the other state leaders

Latest up date here

If you live in Greater Sydney (which includes Wollongong, Central Coast, the Blue Mountains, as well as the southern zone of the Northern Beaches), it is mandatory to wear a face mask indoors, if you are visiting a shop or a business including:
  • supermarket or shopping centre
  • bank or post office
  • hairdressing, nail, beauty, tanning or waxing salon, or spa
  • betting agency and gaming venue
  • indoor entertainment venue, including cinemas and theatres
  • places of worship
  • residential aged care facility
  • waiting for, or travelling on public transport – including taxis and ride-share
  • tattoo or massage parlour
Service NSW Centres also require customers to wear masks.

From Monday 4 January a $200 on the spot fine can apply for not wearing a mask.

Thank goodness I'm off work for a couple of more weeks. Maybe by then things will have settled again. No plans to go anywhere or do much, just hang loose, so that fits in with Covid restrictions.

That's just insane! Too many idiots out there who won't change their lifestyles to do what they want, and not what they've been asked to do for the common good. As my partner says, don't ask them, tell them, and if they don't comply, give them a jail sentence! Half of them won't pay their fines anyway!

True, telling seems to work more than asking.

i get the impression that the nsw premier is more beholden to business figures and other shadowy right wing toxics than the other state leaders
I tend to agree - she's more concerned with keeping the economy running which is why a full lockdown will never happen in NSW, unless absolutely necessary.
I'm not a Gladys fan by any means, but I tend to think that until this recent outbreak, she's got the balance between health & the economy pretty much on point. Our venues stayed open, people remained in work, and the virus was under control. NSW also did a bulk of the heavy lifting when it came to taking in returned travellers, etc.
NSW does have the best contact tracing in Australia, and I think sometimes we rely on that a little too much, hence masks being mandated so late.

Brisbane are going into three day lockdown starting from 6pm tonight because they found the much more infectious UK covid variant. Lucky it wasn't gold coast too considering the number of travelers between the two places.

she's more concerned with keeping the economy running which is why a full lockdown will never happen in NSW, unless absolutely necessary.
How did that policy work out for the UK? People say Morrison is overruling her and is the one really in charge in NSW.

Reactions: kxk
Back