Skip to main content

Big Brother House evicted from North Shore

matts bb

Always Watching đź‘€
I don't want to link to that site, but there are rumours swirling that the local trust who manages the land that the current BB house is on, has evicted the production.

From the completion of the current season, they have decided to not review the contract along with production agreeing due to the impact on local wildlife and the amount of trespassers that have gained access to the site.

Rumours Dreamworld is being eyed off again with preliminary conversations happening with them again.

To be honest I am not surprised. The location didn't scream a "forever" home and seemed very temporary due to the rest icons of what they can do there.

Besides the below article. I myself have heard from people that this was an issue they were working through, so looks like its happening.

Agreed, a purpose built house would be much better!

Also, 2 seasons next year seems unlikely!?

So the article said they are having two seasons next year? With a rumoured all star vs Civillians in 2022?

With The Voice, Got Talent, SAS, Ultimate Tag, Farmer I wouldn't think they'd be able to fit a second series this year.

So the article said they are having two seasons next year? With a rumoured all star vs Civillians in 2022?

With The Voice, Got Talent, SAS, Ultimate Tag, Farmer I wouldn't think they'd be able to fit a second series this year.
Possibly a shorter run for the second one.

The voice has been said to be shorter. And ultimate tag and will be finished by march. And brad shows are all on 2-3 days a week. There’s no reason why a second series can’t air later in the year even on a Wednesday and Thursday schedule.

Definitely better to have something purpose built than shoe-horned into an existing space that wasn't ideal. But I suppose it was worth it for Seven to give it a non-committal shot before seeing how well this format would rate for them. The arena in the forthcoming season will be an improvement - but I suspect that was a Covid initiative, so they didn't need outside drivers ferrying them to and from from the previous "basement".

Seven network were planning to always go back to Dreamworld and build a better house

Definitely better to have something purpose built than shoe-horned into an existing space that wasn't ideal. But I suppose it was worth it for Seven to give it a non-committal shot before seeing how well this format would rate for them. The arena in the forthcoming season will be an improvement - but I suspect that was a Covid initiative, so they didn't need outside drivers ferrying them to and from from the previous "basement".
The issue isn’t whether the house was purpose built or constructed in an existing space. The real issue was time constraints and undue emphasis on outward visual appeal. Given the shortage of soundstages in Australia they’d be better off using a this as an opportunity to develop or investing in a permanent multi-use production facility.

The issue isn’t whether the house was purpose built or constructed in an existing space. The real issue was time constraints and undue emphasis on outward visual appeal. Given the shortage of soundstages in Australia they’d be better off using a this as an opportunity to develop or investing in a permanent multi-use production facility.
There isn't shortage of soundstages in Australia...

What I was getting at was they had to install raised floors (which viewers could see bouncing when HMs walked/ran on them) and also where they shoehorned an exceedingly cheap looking bathroom between the buildings, completely with ceiling-join gaps, presumably due to plumbing reasons. Will Seven build a new house (at Dreamworld or anywhere)? Somehow I think they're far too cheap to do it. The show not being live, and therefore precluding big live audiences will not help Dreamworld draw customers. They'll be limited to house tours out of season. If they still had an auditorium they could have a live finale there I guess. As for 'outward visual appeal', it'd still be nice to see the house as a standalone building.

What I was getting at was they had to install raised floors (which viewers could see bouncing when HMs walked/ran on them) and also where they shoehorned an exceedingly cheap looking bathroom between the buildings, completely with ceiling-join gaps, presumably due to plumbing reasons. Will Seven build a new house (at Dreamworld or anywhere)? Somehow I think they're far too cheap to do it. The show not being live, and therefore precluding big live audiences will not help Dreamworld draw customers. They'll be limited to house tours out of season. If they still had an auditorium they could have a live finale there I guess. As for 'outward visual appeal', it'd still be nice to see the house as a standalone building.
And what I was getting at was all of that is a result of a rush to find a location and a desire for a visual appeal. Clearly drone shots were more important.

Back