Skip to main content

Upfronts 2021

The Circle could have been a good option, but I think I remember someone saying Netflix acquired the rights to it globally or something like that?

Australian Idol is coming back baby! (Apparently February 2022)

It is getting revived on the Seven Network.

Australian Idol used to be BIG and was EVENT TV like Big Brother but...

Why do I think this will suffer in quality and won’t live up to the Channel 10 era like the Big Brother revival on 7?

Who wants to bet that Idol will be pre-recorded and the judges will send someone home every week and then the public will vote the winner out of the final three? (I know, I know I shouldn’t give them ideas...)

Reality Live TV is being phased out in Australia and “I Don’t Like It”. 😠

Channel 10 apparently weren’t interested in “Big Brother” in 2019 and now they didn’t get the “Australian Idol” revival which was strongly rumoured to be happening in their 2021 upfronts.

I can’t help but feel like they have missed two big opportunities here which could have really benefited them (and the quality of show for viewers).

They were originally on 10. Famously known as “10” shows but now we are probably going to get mediocre versions of these.

10 are fools. I think they will regret not snapping these up in the next five years.

Channel 10 apparently weren’t interested in “Big Brother” in 2019 and now they didn’t get the “Australian Idol” revival which was strongly rumoured to be happening in their 2021 upfronts.

I can’t help but feel like they have missed two big opportunities here which could have really benefited them (and the quality of show for viewers).

They were originally on 10. Famously known as “10” shows but now we are probably going to get mediocre versions of these.

10 are fools. I think they will regret not snapping these up in the next five years.

Or they are looking for vibrant fresh new ideas to take to them to the future of television instead of shows from the past

Are we thinking idol is slated for 2022 to see how the voice goes on seven next year and perhaps can it the following year for idol? I don’t know why they would want both and why they would promote it for 2022 if not?

Or they are looking for vibrant fresh new ideas to take to them to the future of television instead of shows from the past
True they should be looking for fresh ideas but the thing about TV is everything old becomes “new” again.

Australian Idol’s revival was imminent. 10 should have got the rights and put it towards the end of the year where they tend to run out of shows. It would have been another reality juggernaut to their yearly schedule that would/will be a successful show.

The only new “reality” type format they have commissioned next year is the DIY reality competition show “Making It” which probably has a 50/50 chance of being successful.

Australian Idol revival would get a lot of buzz. Lots of people would tune in for the first episode. Depending on the content of the show if it was done well 10 would have had another ratings success. They did decently with The Masked Singer.

Big Brother and Australian Idol should have been snapped up by 10. They’re going to suffer again in the next few years and part of that will be not getting these shows when they could.

True they should be looking for fresh ideas but the thing about TV is everything old becomes “new” again.

Australian Idol’s revival was imminent. 10 should have got the rights and put it towards the end of the year where they tend to run out of shows. It would have been another reality juggernaut to their yearly schedule that would/will be a successful show.

The only new “reality” type format they have commissioned next year is the DIY reality competition show “Making It” which probably has a 50/50 chance of being successful.

Australian Idol revival would get a lot of buzz. Lots of people would tune in for the first episode. Depending on the content of the show if it was done well 10 would have had another ratings success. They did decently with The Masked Singer.

Big Brother and Australian Idol should have been snapped up by 10. They’re going to suffer again in the next few years and part of that will be not getting these shows when they could.

Survivor and masked singer are there big brother and Aus idol now

Survivor and masked singer are there big brother and Aus idol now
But 10 always have gaps in their schedule. There is room for Big Brother and Australian Idol.

10 are always trialling behind 7 and 9 and when they miss opportunities like these I can understand why. I can’t help but feel these two shows are going to be symbolic as the great misses for 10 in the next decade. These could have been big for 10. Not wanting Big Brother is one thing (been cancelled twice) but not getting the Australian Idol revival is stupid because the revival is going to create a lot of interest. Like I said earlier it would have been perfect towards the end of the year for them.

Maybe 10 will pick up some amazing new formats that haven’t been pitched yet but what are the chances? 10’s current reality line up is not going to last forever. It’s going to run out of steam and then where will they be?

Are we thinking idol is slated for 2022 to see how the voice goes on seven next year and perhaps can it the following year for idol? I don’t know why they would want both and why they would promote it for 2022 if not?
Can’t really understand either why they picked up both with the 2 shows being very similar formats. Australian Idol would be preferable than The Voice. (Which probably has had its day for now...)

Maybe COVID has something to do with these decisions? Maybe 7 hopes that by 2022 their is a vaccine and life can go somewhat back to normal. Then the auditions and live part of Idol can go ahead.

Back