Skip to main content

LOVE ISLAND USA - Season 1

Still rating very poorly for CBS - had forgotten how badly it actually did last year.

I’ve watched the first few episodes... To be honest it’s not terrible albeit a bit slow pacing wise. I’m shocked CBS has stuck to airing it 5 nights a week. I think they’d have a much more compelling story if they aired 2 or 3 nights a week.

I think it's now expanded to 7 nights a week. Surprised though they've done little to change it considering the overhaul Big Brother got 20 years ago. For some reason daily shows just don't seem to work in the US in primetime.

Love Island is generally terrible but found the hosts house tour for "Love Inland" entertaining enough.

I think it's now expanded to 7 nights a week. Surprised though they've done little to change it considering the overhaul Big Brother got 20 years ago. For some reason daily shows just don't seem to work in the US in primetime.

Love Island is generally terrible but found the hosts house tour for "Love Inland" entertaining enough.

One of the reasons CBS gave it a second series was it preformed decently online... Technically it airs six nights a week with a highlights show on Saturday nights. Scheduling is a bit odd as well as there is no show on Wednesday night.

BB was revamped because it made sense. BBUS was pitched from day 1 as Survivor in a house... Season 2 was just giving people what they were promised initially.

In this case I don't think the format needs a retooling so much as it really needs to dial up the drama and pacing. The original Paradise Hotel was likely pure luck but it was a gold mine in terms of the type of story and character development a show like this thrives on. That said by the second to third week they'd pretty much all but abandoned the love/relationship aspect.

Reactions: kxk
I’ve done a complete 180 on this show... It’s turning out to be far more entertaining than BB.

The show does feel somewhat disjointed in places as it’s essentially a compilation of conversations and events. I’m also not sure what role the presenter is there to fill as she really only appears seemingly without reason for alternating re-couplings. In terms of pace and drama the last week has seen significant improvements.

Although the last weeks worth of episodes have been decent entries I still think they’d have a much more compelling show with few episodes.

Back