Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Dan Andrews should never have employed private security guards for Sydney’s quarantine hotels

Today we learnt that a security guard at a quarantine hotel in Circular Quay tested positive for COVID-19. As the Premier of Victoria, Daniel Andrews must take responsibility.

How far this latest outbreak will spread, only time will tell. But what we can say with certainty is that, once again, Daniel Andrews has failed in his responsibilities to eradicate this virus.

In choosing to outsource the state’s quarantine security to a private firm, he has outsourced his responsibility to the people of New South Wales.

Has he learnt nothing from the Melbourne quarantine outbreak which was also caused by a private security guard until we found out it wasn’t?

Once again Andrews has taken short cuts – looking for quick solutions, rather than listening to experts. What a shambles.

Let’s call this for what it is. Another failure from a man who clearly isn’t putting New South Wales first.

Hotel quarantine should end and returning international travellers should be accommodated in federal quarantine facilities that should be built on the outskirts of cities.

NSW has managed the virus well over the past month but I will be disappointed if this leads to a big outbreak. We should remain very vigilant.

The sad thing about this is that Gladys didn't learn from Andrews' mistakes.

Well, at least their guards were not sleeping with the guests I guess...
Well obviously I am not on top of all the details being overseas but from here it seems like there is an awful lot of mud slinging for a situation that was unprecedented and is alot better than alot of other countries. Idk...

Well obviously I am not on top of all the details being overseas but from here it seems like there is an awful lot of mud slinging for a situation that was unprecedented and is alot better than alot of other countries. Idk...

Don't think that mud slinging is occurring. Media reporting on this crisis has been quite accurate in my opinion. It's all about holding people accountable.

In my opinion, the only reason that people are not in uproar about NSW is that the case numbers are so small at the moment in comparison to where Victoria have been at. Extreme situation in Victoria compared to New South Wales. Plus it is some idiots from Victoria fault that NSW got some cases.

Back