Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

I would like some virus advice.....

My preferred and closest food shopping has been in the news as NOT following lockdown, no distancing and lack of masks

What I am asking, I am in a high risk category, morelikely to catch stuff, and more likely to die if I catch stuff

So, I guess I should go shopping elsewhere?
Or should I be ok with mask and gloves???

I agree with @February shop online if possible. If not, could you send someone to do your shopping for you? If that's not an option, then early morning is probably the next best thing.

What is your reason for disagreeing? Do you have an argument that refutes what she is saying? Good to read different perspectives on this topic.

I don't get the connection between low paying jobs and paying back billions. Surely there is other ways of paying back these billions?

Also I'm not a fan of the whole something for nothing phrase from the right wingers because you never know about people's circumstances and they shouldn't be judged for wanting help.

Would you get vaccinated if a COVID-19 vaccine is developed?

Definitely, if that's the only way I , and my partner, can fly back to the UK to see our families, then that's a no brainer!
We only get back every second year, and we missed out this year, both our mums are 88, so who knows if either will live long enough to get back and have some quality time with them ... let alone our sisters, nieces and nephews.

Definitely, if that's the only way I , and my partner, can fly back to the UK to see our families, then that's a no brainer!
We only get back every second year, and we missed out this year, both our mums are 88, so who knows if either will live long enough to get back and have some quality time with them ... let alone our sisters, nieces and nephews.

If there is a vaccine I think it'll be mandatory for Australians travelling internationally. I don't think hotel quarantine for returnees can be a longterm sustainable solution. Overall a very unfortunate situation for many with the uncertainty about when they'll next be able to see family overseas.

Back