Skip to main content

Will you apply for next year?

I think shit seasons will be the case from now on. BB at its very core has imo lost its lustre particularly due to social media.
Its not survivor. Its not a talent contest. Its at its inception a social experiment now hindered by the advent of social media. An inbred fight against itself.
A real juxtapostion in my eyes.
But im most probably letting the chardonnay dictate my thinking.
I’ve been hardcore binge-watching all the old seasons again during lockdown, including Nine’s era which I’ve never rewatched since it aired. While there are obvious flaws, it still maintains core elements of the show’s premise, and the one thing that’s become very clear to me whilst rewatching these seasons is that Seven’s revamped Big Brother is actually not Big Brother at all.

I am all for the new format and, as I’ve stated before, I don’t mind reverting to a BB style that’s similar to what is served up overseas. However, what we got this year was missing many of those vital components that can even associate it with the Big Brother brand. What we received was anything but. It’s very disappointing to see what it has become.

Agree.
Ive watched 2012 and 2013 seasons recently.. Now. Im not an eternal critic yearning for the past.
But the real time interactions, the conversations, the seamless gaps between tasks encaspulates the BB essence for me.
And even those seasons were inferior to previous. The show is something else now. I get it and why. But its lost interest for me.
The discerning difference of the show has been now and will continue to be assimilated into the current reality tv morass.

Last edited:
Agree.
Ive watched 2012 and 2013 seasons. Now. Im not an eternal critic yearning for the past.
But the real time interactions, the conversations, the seamless gaps between tasks encaspulates the BB essence for me.
And even those seasons were inferior to previous. The show is something else now. I get it and why. But its lost interest for me.
The discerning difference of the show has been now and will continue to be assimilated into the current reality tv morass.
Hit the nail on the head, @Fuzz.

I think these days it'd be more riskier applying for bb now that they can edit and portray you in ways to suit their agenda/storylines. At least going in the house back then you'd know you'd be shown raw and who you are.

I think these days it'd be more riskier applying for bb now that they can edit and portray you in ways to suit their agenda/storylines. At least going in the house back then you'd know you'd be shown raw and who you are.
Think that well understood bants.
This is now simply social upclimbing and pr for a personal brand.
Pretty funny. How many of them form an actual credible career in the public eye as a "celeb'?
Chrissie Swanny did it back in the day. By bent of hard work and pereservereness. A leg up sure but she worked hard to get into the industry. Starting in small regional radio stations. Not expecting an entitled platter served to her.
These days, these entitled bunch of fame seekers want it all on a platter without demonstrating actual talent or hard work but relying on posturing on a show and with an unfounded sense of entitlement thinking their inflated opinions of themselves will be enough. Laughable.

I felt this year's big brother lacked energy and suffered from a conflict avoidant group of housemates. Culminating in a meh winner.

I’ve had my phone call too but they didn’t mention anything about a Skype call to me? Just an audition tour........Maybe it’s because of COVID? There’s no way they will be able to hold typical auditions especially if the producers are travelling from NSW they would have to self-isolate for two weeks in every state!
No call for me yet (I didn't apply last year). Although my video has been viewed on YouTube about 6 times.
#dadboddiscrimination

Oh darlin’s.

Weren’t applicants explicitly told not to broadcast the fact that they are going to apply? They said they would forfeit/Disqualify those applications immediately.

Hup!

From this forum, Id like to see Brekkie, affable, blobby, nan taylor and bbants. And madonna for some style.

Aww thanks, sweetheart. I’d be a right pain in the ass though. I wonder if Big Brother would let me bring in my wooden spoon.

No, I take it you did though. Are you trying to figure out whether they’re not bothering with phone calls for people that got to the final stage last year? You haven’t got one yet have you?
Maybe they will call you towards the end of applications closing🤷‍♀️
Yes, exactly haha. All good if I don’t get a call, definitely understand if I’m not what they’re looking for!

Oh darlin’s.

Weren’t applicants explicitly told not to broadcast the fact that they are going to apply? They said they would forfeit/Disqualify those applications immediately.

Hup!

Aww thanks, sweetheart. I’d be a right pain in the ass though. I wonder if Big Brother would let me bring in my wooden spoon.
They should let you bring in your cane, Nan!

It's all about social media now, some of the housemates from this series have become social media superstars, 4 or 5 of them have verified acccounts on Instagram. Sadly most are applying for next season for social media fame, if you make it in to the house, its instant fame these days, something housemates from previous seasons didnt have that opportunity due to lack of social media, thats how i see it anyway. I think it's awesome to see Talia and a few others go live with there fans and give them a chance to ask questions etc. It's sad though that one threatened to kill himself if Talia didn't go live with him, so she had to go live then he was ok.

I would have if it was like the old days. There's no way I could do the physical challenges though so fuck all the fat people I guess.

Oh darlin’s.

Hup!

You can spank me
I am a baaaaaaad boi

I don't see why anyone who is over 24 and has a proper job would apply. If you're a student wanting a bit of attention, or someone who wants some media exposure (Model etc) it's probably a good platform - you'll def have some fun. But yeah, definitely should be thick skinned and be ready to be shown in a way at the behest of producers (which you should be fine with)

I don't see why anyone who is over 24 and has a proper job would apply. If you're a student wanting a bit of attention, or someone who wants some media exposure (Model etc) it's probably a good platform - you'll def have some fun. But yeah, definitely should be thick skinned and be ready to be shown in a way at the behest of producers (which you should be fine with)

Holy Fucking Shit! You just described me!

Hup!

Except I’m almost 80 darlin’s.

Back