Skip to main content

Final 3 Confirmed. Open for spoiler.

The people in the house seemed to like Daniel. I reckon he would have had a better shot at winning if it came down to a jury vote.

And then the Australian public would have been pissed off. If they went down the jury route, dont call it Big Brother because then it would be a complete Survivor replica.

They call it big brother in usa

Yeah but they have had that format for every season except the first one. And I have tried watching BB USA and found it completely boring. The Australian public would not accept a season of BB where the public has no involvement at all.

Yeah but they have had that format for every season except the first one. And I have tried watching BB USA and found it completely boring. The Australian public would not accept a season of BB where the public has no involvement at all.

I actually prefer the BB USA version.

Not sure what's wrong with wanting a likeable winner. Just means no matter how hard you play the game, if you're an arsehole you probably won't win. So basically, don't be a dick. It's like on Survivor you can't just play to be in the F3, you have to ensure you have the jury vote in your pocket. Only difference is here the jury is the audience.
That's a HUGE difference though. The audience is getting an edited version, whilst players have full insight into the game. The fact that Dan probably would've won if the jury were the housemates shows that this isn't comparable to survivor.

How on Earth do you properly play for the audience when you don't really know how they're going to edit you?
I think in the end this just shows why live BB is pretty critical if the game is played this way.

And what part of watching people sit around doing nothing do you find entertaining?

Ten's seasons of Big Brother were a million times more entertaining than what we got this season. Without this forum this year would have been a chore to watch for me. Strategy talk all the time is boring.

People watch BB in Australia to connect with the housemates and the production this year didnt allow for that.

And what part of watching people sit around doing nothing do you find entertaining?

You could argue that was the original premise and there were 11 seasons of it. Australia is used to that version of Big Brother. If you were around when Big Brother Australia originally ran you’re always going to think of the original format. It was always going to be hard to win over the original viewers with a new format.

Personally I think they just need to make a balance of the old and new format.

Things would probably be a lot better if it was played out live, better editing and natural footage, had interesting housemates, longer run series, shorter (running time) episodes but more episodes a week and the public could vote who they wanted for veto. That’s just my two cents. 💁‍♂️

Those things could turn this new era of BB in to something real special.
Hopefully 7 and Endemol are willing to take on board the feedback.

Chad 100% had the winners edit on Tuesday night, but he got that due to winning the crucial final challenges. Whether Sophie or Dan winning that challenge would have seen them edited more favourable and affected the result we'll never know, but we all know in reality TV a dead dad outweighs failed sporting careers. I thought Sophie had it in the bag but she did come across as fairly entitled in not being able to fulfil her Olympic dream so deserving the Big Brother win as compensation, and in terms of pure game Chad never got voted out and never needed a twist to avoid being voted out.

I think when all is said and done Dan is a decent guy who did at least try and play the game and he navigated the game better than anyone - he should have been the number one target throughout but never really was and somehow without even trying made a sparky from Broken Hill look to be the bigger threat. I think also some viewers may have rewarded Chad for not taking out the threat and instead going head to head with them.

I think it will take Australia a couple more seasons of this format to begin rewarding gameplay over being a decent human being. Indeed I think for it to truly be rewarded you probably need an out and out villian - the likes of Will, Evil Dick and Dan won the game in the US by playing the game hard and without scruples, but always keeping viewers informed of it. That is crucial - the edit needs to let people see the motivation behind the game and the full story - not sure that can happen without the 24/7 feeds.

That said though in Canada, which is probably more comparable in terms of politeness, the noteable winners have been more strategic than evil. They've played the game, but played it with integrity.

Last edited:
You could argue that was the original premise and there were 11 seasons of it. Australia is used to that version of Big Brother. If you were around when Big Brother Australia originally ran you’re always going to think of the original format. It was always going to be hard to win over the original viewers with a new format.

Personally I think they just need to make a balance of the old and new format.

Things would probably be a lot better if it was played out live, better editing and natural footage, had interesting housemates, longer run series, shorter (running time) episodes but more episodes a week and the public could vote who they wanted for veto. That’s just my two cents. 💁‍♂️

Those things could turn this new era of BB in to something real special.
Hopefully 7 and Endemol are willing to take on board the feedback.
In fear of getting into an endless back and forth that appears to have divided the forum between the old format and new, I’ll say this.

There was a time and place and glorious era where voyeurism was all Big Brother needed to maintain a strong audience. I loved it. However, as audience attention spans decrease and a new generation - one that is trained to expect instant gratification and minute-by-minute outcomes - reigns supreme in the eyes of advertisers, and water cooler talk transitions to a back and forth sharing of posts, videos and gifs in group chats and social platforms, the programming that needs to entertain them in order to survive also needs to change.

This season was FAR from perfect, but shows the required change in direction Big Brother needs in order to properly redevelop itself into a gripping, exciting and ultimately human reality concept.

In fear of getting into an endless back and forth that appears to have divided the forum between the old format and new, I’ll say this.

There was a time and place and glorious era where voyeurism was all Big Brother needed to maintain a strong audience. I loved it. However, as audience attention spans decrease and a new generation - one that is trained to expect instant gratification and minute-by-minute outcomes - reigns supreme in the eyes of advertisers, and water cooler talk transitions to a back and forth sharing of posts, videos and gifs in group chats and social platforms, the programming that needs to entertain them in order to survive also needs to change.

This season was FAR from perfect, but shows the required change in direction Big Brother needs in order to properly redevelop itself into a gripping, exciting and ultimately human reality concept.

Social media is also very divided. I saw many more comments about wanting aspects of the old BB back then those who actually enjoyed the show this season. Reality TV in general in Australia has become way too contrived, sanitised and overly produced.

Back