Skip to main content

Will you apply for next year?

I’ve seen the videos too... it seems there is a strong correlation between publicly posting videos and presenting yourself unflatteringly.

As for no calls, it definitely took a couple of weeks for me to hear last year, so probably need to employ some patience!

First round of auditions - can potential housemates work out how to upload a YouTube video as "unlisted" or not...?
Also if you recorded your video in portrait format... BZZZT!

(that actually goes for anyone recording any video btw)

They wont view them until auditions close.

That’s not accurate. They view auditions on a rolling basis and conduct phone interviews throughout the application period. Given their planned in-person audition schedule starts one day after applications close (despite being announced pre-COVID phase two), the logic stands true.

I'd rather go on Love Island Australia than Big Brother. Don't know if Love Island is coming back.

For the people who are applying, what's your motivation? I'm curious!

If I were even eligible, I'd be much more inclined now than when I was in the previous eras. You handed over so much of your life story to the public in the old eras which is a nauseating concept for me. It's going to be much easier for the Seven batch to disappear into obscurity if they want to.

i feel like former bb housemates are better off now than they were in the old days. now there's social media and instagram influencing opportunities etc. it seems far easier to capitalize off of now. back in the old days, there were zoo weekly mag shoots and that was about it.

In the Ten days they were sent around the country on a 4-6 week tour hosting at clubs and pubs. Pretty decent appearance fees there in addition to whatever opportunities Harry M Miller pulled together (they were all signed to his talent agency as a part of their contract).

I don't follow any the HM socials but I can't imagine there are many sponcon opportunities that would pay well. Outside of generic teeth whitening and tummy tea campaigns, Angela's probably the only one with a shot at some kind of tea or lipgloss campaign.

I wonder how auditions will go if melbourne potentially goes to stage 4 lockdowns. Would they skip Victoria or do it online?

would work in my favour less competition😅

I wonder how auditions will go if melbourne potentially goes to stage 4 lockdowns. Would they skip Victoria or do it online?

would work in my favour less competition😅

At least the online auditions are good camera practise...

Surely they can't exclude Victoria...
BB.png

Last edited:
For the people who are applying, what's your motivation? I'm curious!

If I were even eligible, I'd be much more inclined now than when I was in the previous eras. You handed over so much of your life story to the public in the old eras which is a nauseating concept for me. It's going to be much easier for the Seven batch to disappear into obscurity if they want to.

It looks like so much fun! I've always loved BB and its a huge plus that there's no more "uncut" or endless footage of housemates in the shower/lounging around the pool. I watch for the characters/personalities, clashes, laughs and drama. Also loving all the challenges this year.

I'd be in it for the experience and the fun. Definitely not in it to show off my "dad bod" ;)

In the Ten days they were sent around the country on a 4-6 week tour hosting at clubs and pubs. Pretty decent appearance fees there in addition to whatever opportunities Harry M Miller pulled together (they were all signed to his talent agency as a part of their contract).

i can't remember, did they do this nightclub tour in the nine days too? i remember tully 2013 saying in an interview she got paid anywhere between $1k-$10k for an ig sponcon post, but she also has 200k+ followers

Back