Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: House

Unless the State Government offers big enough incentives (like they did originally). Who knows what could happen with post Covid cash-splashes.
They’re spending that cash attracting international clients to use the Gold Coast to film large scale productions while Los Angeles is still for the most part closed for the next year.

Is the pool made from a shipping container?

View attachment 55716
Well spotted. Yes it looks like it. Good idea for their small yard. Easy to cart away if the show hadn't been renewed. And a fraction of the cost of any other pool (needless to say, perhaps this should have been the first reason).

I'm planning on making a dumpster pool when I eventually move, if I can find a place with a suitable space/yard.

I'm pretty sure the laundry is in the makeshift area between the bedroom and the unknown shed. There is a door in that corner of the bedroom that allows access to that space, and being a wet area it would make sense to be opposite the bathroom to utilise they plumbing they've set up.

Otherwise, it would be in the holding area (the door which housemates use to exit for challenges). I've included the path I'm guessing HMs use to load into vans - makes sense because it would allow them privacy.

Attachments

• house.jpg
    house.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 89
I'm pretty sure the laundry is in the makeshift area between the bedroom and the unknown shed. There is a door in that corner of the bedroom that allows access to that space, and being a wet area it would make sense to be opposite the bathroom to utilise they plumbing they've set up.

Otherwise, it would be in the holding area (the door which housemates use to exit for challenges). I've included the path I'm guessing HMs use to load into vans - makes sense because it would allow them privacy.
Do we think the Laundry might have just been a faux marker on the Bunker cams? Although placing it behind that bedroom door makes sense.

I just feel like Sonia would have shown us a snippet of the Laundry in the house tour if it exists, especially given they made such a big deal about HMs doing their own washing in the pre-season hype. We saw them making their beds in a recent episode as though it was a set routine thing to do. I’m not sure I’d be surprised to find out that production does it for them.

That design is awkward. The laundry should be part and parcel of the house that housemates should have access to 24/7.... Dirty laundry should always be a housemate thing, honestly! But yeh, benefit of the doubt for Season 1....

If the laundry is actually a room in the house I’m shocked it hasn’t made it on screen... Watch any BBUS or BBCAN series and you’ll notice how HG’s take advantage of every space in the house. In both series the storage room and the bathroom tend to be used quite often for side conversations. IMO the house is a down side of the series... Obviously built on a very small budget, little time, a little thought in the design.

In both series the storage room and the bathroom tend to be used quite often for side conversations. IMO the house is a down side of the series... Obviously built on a very small budget, little time, a little thought in the design.
This format doesn't have time for conversations so I guess they deemed a spacious, comfortable bathroom unnecessary and just gave them washers and driers for laundry. Or maybe the "laundry" is a just a room for them to dump their washing and collect it later and production takes care of it. We'd never know by watching the show.

This format doesn't have time for conversations so I guess they deemed a spacious, comfortable bathroom unnecessary and just gave them washers and driers for laundry. Or maybe the "laundry" is a just a room for them to dump their washing and collect it later and production takes care of it. We'd never know by watching the show.

I don’t necessarily need to see HM’s doing laundry etc but in a 90 minute episode it would be nice to see more than just 15 minutes of the “scramble” prior to the vote. It’s all so one dimensional.

I don’t necessarily need to see HM’s doing laundry etc but in a 90 minute episode it would be nice to see more than just 15 minutes of the “scramble” prior to the vote. It’s all so one dimensional.
Oh I totally agree. I hate that this format denies viewers getting to know anything about the HMs. They could easily make a companion show "Big Brother: Off The Clock" that is made up purely of the type of interactions and conversations the old show revolved around. Just air it on a multichannel or later at night. Bring back Mike Goldman.

I would assume the rules say that you can't loiter in the laundry room. Dryers running in a small space would muddle mic audio. Also, isn't the bedroom locked for most of the day anyway?

I would assume the rules say that you can't loiter in the laundry room. Dryers running in a small space would muddle mic audio. Also, isn't the bedroom locked for most of the day anyway?
Yeh. You would think in the balloon challenge that they could have gone to the green room or bedrooms or even bathroom. But by all looks, they all get locked in the kitchen & dining room.

I believe there are times when these rooms get locked off during the day & they are forced into yard/dining room. Low budget & bad design?

Yeh. You would think in the balloon challenge that they could have gone to the green room or bedrooms or even bathroom. But by all looks, they all get locked in the kitchen & dining room.

I believe there are times when these rooms get locked off during the day & they are forced into yard/dining room. Low budget & bad design?
It has always been against the rules for them to sleep during the day, in order to maximise interactions for the show. Presume that's still the case so they lock the bedrooms?

During Casey's 'Poop' storytime wasn't she saying how Marissa shrunk her jeans or something? That had me thinking about Laundry, whether its somewhere in the house or they have some sort of service BTS for it.

You can see a glimpse of it during the episode where they had to work in shifts. The first time Dan and Chad enter you can see the laundry. It’s directly next to the blue bedroom... which is why Marissa was caught attempting to push open that door earlier in the series.

That is the entry/exit doorway.
Does the entry doorway have a couch in it ? Never seen that before..

You can see a glimpse of it during the episode where they had to work in shifts. The first time Dan and Chad enter you can see the laundry. It’s directly next to the blue bedroom... which is why Marissa was caught attempting to push open that door earlier in the series.
Ah, that makes sense. I'll have to rewatch to see what else is in it.. So it looks like that room is open most of the time. Does that mean they have constant laundry access ? Earlier somebody mentioned the laundry was off the bedroom, but that bedroom door appears to open up to that room we saw used for the job task.

Cheers!

Back