Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 11 Discussion (29 June)

While the housemates were all boxed in during last night's episode, are you all boxed out now?

• Yes, I hate boxes.

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • No, I love boxes.

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Maybe, Boxes can be both good and bad depending on the context.

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
SO if you're gonna make the show 'strategic', why cast people who aren't even gonna play the game. Poor Ange, had she been in there with people who were playing, she would've gone to the end. Despite the mess of a series we have gotten, i'm so happy we got her.

SO if you're gonna make the show 'strategic', why cast people who aren't even gonna play the game. Poor Ange, had she been in there with people who were playing, she would've gone to the end. Despite the mess of a series we have gotten, i'm so happy we got her.

Poor Allan too while we are at it.

r00vmhP.png
Surprised angie didnt cry and run to mummy when her balloon got popped.

What explicit racist words or actions have been expressed on the show? Forgiven racial bias for something I dont see?
How can we truly know when we dont even hear 1/10th of the conversations in the house. We can draw assertions but not truly know whether it exists within those 4 walls. Thats not a concious or unconcious bias. Its an assertion or opinion or feeling without demonstrative proof. At best its a correlation.
Terming it as ethnic cleansing just seems a bridge too far for me personally. But we all have the right to opinions.

Why don't you look purely at the numbers then? they don't lie and you can see exactly who they voted for on wikipedia

Without exception, Mat voted to evict a non-white hm every single time he possibly could for the entire season. That's just a fact.

Daniel also voted to evict a POC whenever possible, with one exception - last night's ep where he voted to get rid of shane as revenge. He stated he would come back to vote angela, which he did.. the very next voting round

If you truly think that's a coincidence you're just not very good at maths lol

Do I think they intentionally did this? No.
But mat and dan clearly saw non-white housemates as less 'deserving' to be in the house on some level.

I guess Marissa's reasoning made sense. It would've made no difference. Was kinda clever. Just unexpected.
She is level headed. Could not believe what Ang was sayin lol It does offer Marissa a sort of bridge just to put her vote on Ang after all of that. If M had voted Casey she would grt further bullied by team alpha and that’s not a good position to be in when you’re left in the game.

Last edited:
Why don't you look purely at the numbers then? they don't lie and you can see exactly who they voted for on wikipedia

Without exception, Mat voted to evict a non-white hm every single time he possibly could for the entire season. That's just a fact.

Daniel also voted to evict a POC whenever possible, with one exception - last night's ep where he voted to get rid of shane as revenge. He stated he would come back to vote angela, which he did.. the very next voting round

If you truly think that's a coincidence you're just not very good at maths lol

Do I think they intentionally did this? No.
But mat and dan clearly saw non-white housemates as less 'deserving' to be in the house on some level.
Very good at maths? How big is the sample size? How many contestants? How many POC?
You are drawing correlations with absolutely no basis in fact.
You admit yourself its not intentional. Then bizarrely claim you "clearly" know they saw non-white housemates as less deserving. Are you a clairvoyant?
Clearly, we dont know. Perhaps when the show is over and Angela or others make a point about how they felt we might get a greater insight. As we stand now, it pure speculation.

Ok. Im no mathematician. But its semantics. You are well aware of the point I am making.Can you enlighten me on what straight descriptive statistics are? Id appreciate it.

Sorry. Forgot to quote you.This query was for @Poxy

RIP Queen Angilicious.

Tonight we learned that bunged up Casey is an unbearable brat, and Sophie/Chad really are as dumb as a box of hammers.

And Marisa is weak for caving in to peer pressure.

RIP Queen Angilicious.

Tonight we learned that bunged up Casey is an unbearable brat, and Sophie/Chad really are as dumb as a box of hammers.

Sophie has always hated Angela though.

RIP Queen Angilicious.

Wrong. He’s the smartest in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back