Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 11 Discussion (29 June)

While the housemates were all boxed in during last night's episode, are you all boxed out now?

• Yes, I hate boxes.

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • No, I love boxes.

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Maybe, Boxes can be both good and bad depending on the context.

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my point. White fragility brushes off these issues when they don't see explicit racist words or actions.

Unconscious and forgiven racial bias is far more insidious.

What explicit racist words or actions have been expressed on the show? Forgiven racial bias for something I dont see?
How can we truly know when we dont even hear 1/10th of the conversations in the house. We can draw assertions but not truly know whether it exists within those 4 walls. Thats not a concious or unconcious bias. Its an assertion or opinion or feeling without demonstrative proof. At best its a correlation.
Terming it as ethnic cleansing just seems a bridge too far for me personally. But we all have the right to opinions.

Last edited:
Angela is such an entertaining, memorable and iconic housemate and yet she was only in the house for 25 days... Feels so much longer in this different format obviously but wow imagine if we saw her in the house in a 10/9 series in which I'm sure she'd have lasted for the 80-100 days that those series went for. She'd have produced so much content.

Still a social experiment. Having people in the house from all walks of life living together under the same roof is still a social experiment. Personalities clashing, interaction occurring..
But if we don't get to see it, it becomes moot. The entire premise of the show is now nothing but competitions, strategising and voting out. Everything else is gone.

Much easier reading the episode than watching it. Sophie and Chad clearly playing the middle then - thought they were outside the Alphas last week but they did their bidding tonight.

Good to see Marissa is wise enough to read the room and vote with the house.

But Casey is right, Angela has been evicted before and is only back in cause BB was bias as fuck, so really her game sucked.
I haven’t had a chance to watch the episode yet but arguably if she was compelling enough viewing for the producers to be biased toward her then she IS playing a good game.
just maybe not the same game as the others. A much more interesting game....

Meanwhile the Angela in the Bunker stunt was anti-climatic. If they did it a second time there would be MASSIVE outcry from both the housemates themselves and the general public, and rightly so, that the game was rigged in her favor. Now its time to watch Marrissa and Kieran try and break up the alpha group of Dan, Matt, Xavier, and Casey while the unaligned Chad, Sophie, Hannah and Sarah take sides to stir up the drama.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back