Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

I would aquire an old cat-o-nine tails and walk straight down those one way aisles having a lovely time. Sooo many infringements to choose from.

Today I started going out looking groomed, but shortly after I was wind blown, wet and looking unkempt.
Still I'm loving the cooler weather and rain as I hope it keeps the selfish rule breakers inside.
Before entering a Chemist for our Prescriptions we had our hands sanitized and temperature taken. All good !
More hand sanitizer before entering the Supermarket, but happy to comply with it all.
Still no toilet paper anywhere and some very impatient shoppers and the usual hoarders.
Back home we have already put our clocks back one hour for the end of daylight saving time.
The heaters on and so is the TV for a quiet night in isolation.

Is everyone trying to maintain their health and appearance or are we going to walk out of isolation looking frazzled and unkempt?

...haha!... I think that I partly answered that question back on page 10 of this thread Nightclubs with my ‘The importance of self grooming during the dastardly Coronavirus and it’s really unexpected but pleasureable side effect!’... poem that I wrote lol!...

...and by the way Nightclubs... I love your ‘Laughter and wine. Don't be uptight! motto under your pic lol!... cheers.

We wouldn't be in this particular situation if the illegal wildlife trade and wet markets were eradicated...instead of eradicating the planet's biodiversity (and many other things) that are unholtingly pushing it towards a commonly predicted carrying capacity of 10 billlion...humans

Last edited by a moderator:
...haha!... I think that I partly answered that question back on page 10 of this thread Nightclubs with my ‘The importance of self grooming during the dastardly Coronavirus and it’s really unexpected but pleasureable side effect!’... poem that I wrote lol!...

...and by the way Nightclubs... I love your ‘Laughter and wine. Don't be uptight! motto under your pic lol!... cheers.

Cheers @Mr Stickyfingers!

I am trying to ensure I continue exercising regularly, but all the glasses of wine over the past two nights might be undoing the benefits from that.

I've seen people queueing for the shop just standing about as far apart as you would normally. There's no one telling them to do the right thing when they're out on the street.

I think they need to make the supermarket aisles one way. There's always a bottleneck around a slow shopper or a packing crew.

They may put an employee out there to check people are keeping apart. Stores here have that sometimes. Plus someone either disinfecting the trolleys or checking that the customers do (they supply the disinfectant).
Extra barriers up all over the place to ensure distance is being kept. Also markings on the ground. Plus all the cashiers now have perspex guards and gloves. (Germany).

I don‘t know if I would COMPLAIN about being quarantined in a five star hotel in this particular climate but I don't think I would like it at all.

Here (Bavaria) we are in lockdown. Can‘t buy anything or go anywhere except for groceries or medical stuff. Since Friday 13 (ha!) March. Not supposed to do anything that is with another person (unless you live with them).
No take away coffee (or REALLY hard to find. I haven‘t found any). Can‘t buy a pair of pyjamas. Or an office chair. Or get your cracked phone screen repaired. Or anything much.
It‘s pretty tedious.

I think the lack of control of being kept in isolation in an environment where you have only very few possessions would be psychologically challenging, wherever it is. You guys are at least able to choose what you eat.

Back