Skip to main content

The Circle on Netflix

Brekkie

Staff member
A trailer for the US version of The Circle has been released by Netflix, with it rumoured to be premiering on New Years Day with episodes released daily. We think it's going to be on Netflix UK, but don't know about Australia. Indeed might be good news if it isn't as that might indicate the rights have been snapped up locally.

(And I know this isn't Big Brother, but it seems the most natural place to put the discussion at the moment)

Confirmed the launch is January 1 it’s on the official YouTube page as well and the Twitter account you’ve posted is official... Looking forward to this but kind of disappointing they are doing daily episodes for a show they pre-recorded.

Confirmed the launch is January 1 it’s on the official YouTube page as well and the Twitter account you’ve posted is official... Looking forward to this but kind of disappointing they are doing daily episodes for a show they pre-recorded.

On Netflix Australia it says the first 4 episodes will drop January 1.

A trailer for the US version of The Circle has been released by Netflix, with it rumoured to be premiering on New Years Day with episodes released daily. We think it's going to be on Netflix UK, but don't know about Australia. Indeed might be good news if it isn't as that might indicate the rights have been snapped up locally.

(And I know this isn't Big Brother, but it seems the most natural place to put the discussion at the moment)

It is on the Australian Netflix. The first 4 episodes will drop January 1.

Indeed might be good news if it isn't as that might indicate the rights have been snapped up locally.
I'd expect that Netflix has purchased global rights, excluding the UK, given they're also launching it in two other countries soon too.

Last edited:
THANK YOU @Kingston
I don’t have Netflix so will just have to settle for little snippets as they appear. This looked very promising.

30 minute exclusive cut of Episode 1...

It's so odd to see these people in the exact same apartments from the second season of the UK show, even though these people were in there first. I kept catching myself getting distracted and trying to remember which UK players were in which apartments at times.😂

It's so odd to see these people in the exact same apartments from the second season of the UK show, even though these people were in there first. I kept catching myself getting distracted and trying to remember which UK players were in which apartments at times.😂

I agree... I guess they really weren’t counting on us watching multiple series prior to this.

I wish I hadn’t watched the YouTube cut of the first episode. The first episode of the show is 1h3m50s and the YouTube cut wasn’t the first half hour of the episode, it was just the episode with half an hour randomly cut out all over the place. So now I guess I have to watch some duplicate footage.

I wish I hadn’t watched the YouTube cut of the first episode. The first episode of the show is 1h3m50s and the YouTube cut wasn’t the first half hour of the episode, it was just the episode with half an hour randomly cut out all over the place. So now I guess I have to watch some duplicate footage.

I agree... Although I did enjoy the extended cut as the YouTube version felt a bit disjointed in places.

I’m about halfway through the 2nd episode and feeling a bit blah... I’m not warming to this cast as much as I have in other series. I’ve enjoyed the UK cast as they tend to be a lot more guarded when it comes to playing tactically and sharing their opinions. This version also lacks some of the fun and frivolity of the original. We’ll see I guess...

Ah, that explains why it felt so rushed.

Ok took me until the 3rd episode to find my groove with this series... It’s kind of refreshing how each series has taken on a different tone. So far both blocking’s have been fair and I can’t wait to see how the story evolves.

It’s kind of refreshing how each series has taken on a different tone.
I was thinking this as well - especially since this season doesn't seem to have a Tim-like figure that would dominate throughout, so it should contrast quite well with the recently finished UK show.

Back