Skip to main content

Private nominations should be abolished.

Why has the nominations process been private in previous seasons?

On one designated evening a week, each housemate should present and justify their nominations to the other housemates.

The host should then enter the house the following evening to moderate a discussion involving conversation about nominations or other issues housemates are concerned by.

The priority next season should be to facilitate a more open and confrontational social aspect than in previous seasons.

I would like Peta Credlin to be the host as I have previously suggested.

people will be less likely to be truthful if it is open nominations.

unless they are one of those people who don't give a fuck what anyone says about them.

Why has the nominations process been private in previous seasons?

On one designated evening a week, each housemate should present and justify their nominations to the other housemates.

The host should then enter the house the following evening to moderate a discussion involving conversation about nominations or other issues housemates are concerned by.

The priority next season should be to facilitate a more open and confrontational social aspect than in previous seasons.

I would like Peta Credlin to be the host as I have previously suggested.

If it is like the US format, there would be no nominations.

Just a person (HOH) nominating people.

Open nominations would just cause tit-for-tat voting. "He/she doesn't like me so I'll nominate him/her next time".

Humans modify their behaviour to adapt to the situation, so if they know their nomination is going to be scrutinized they will just go with a group think scenario and vote the same as the people before them, or for stupid reasons that cannot really be scruitnised further eg I am nominating in alphabetical order. this person name was next on the list.

Channel 7 have already confirmed that their version will follow the American format so all nominations will be face to face.

Yes, the nominations in the US version are by the HoH only, and then at the end of the week the other housemates vote in the diary room for who goes. It's usually live so a simple "I vote to evict Aphrodite" for example - hope the pre-recorded nature doesn't mean they push for stupid reasons like the Aussie BB often did.

If they were to be retaining the original format though open nominations are the worst idea ever. BBUK increasingly used them in their C5 years as a "twist" and frankly after the first couple of times they were just dull and boring - you get much more drama out of it being done privately. However I do like one idea which I think was posted here a few years back - having HMs make two nominations with the first being public and the second being private. That gives it a more tactical element and actually makes the public element more interesting - basically who will HMs stab in the front and who will they stab in the back?

I do blame Facebook and Twitter for the lack of Forum Ettiquette in this day and age but there is no way I should be having to delete three pages of posts on politics in a thread which is supposed to be about how nominations should be done in the new series.

If it's not about Big Brother don't post it in the Big Brother forums. Simples.

Yes, the nominations in the US version are by the HoH only, and then at the end of the week the other housemates vote in the diary room for who goes. It's usually live so a simple "I vote to evict Aphrodite" for example - hope the pre-recorded nature doesn't mean they push for stupid reasons like the Aussie BB often did.

If they were to be retaining the original format though open nominations are the worst idea ever. BBUK increasingly used them in their C5 years as a "twist" and frankly after the first couple of times they were just dull and boring - you get much more drama out of it being done privately. However I do like one idea which I think was posted here a few years back - having HMs make two nominations with the first being public and the second being private. That gives it a more tactical element and actually makes the public element more interesting - basically who will HMs stab in the front and who will they stab in the back?

There are some housemates who are so concerned about being liked not only by their fellow contestants but the public that they will probably give lame reasons in both a public and private vote.

There are some housemates who are so concerned about being liked not only by their fellow contestants but the public that they will probably give lame reasons in both a public and private vote.

No. They’d just throw competitions so they aren’t in power.

But there might be some willing to vote members of the public who agree with those housemates who are outnumbering the housemate who is on the outer?

No thats a terrible idea, for all the reasons already mentioned and as soon as the first person voted, everyone would be much more likely to jump on the bandwagon vote the same one or two people, use the same reasoning and it wouldn't be at all interesting. People having to think for them selves and come up with proper reasons in private is a much better idea and will give better insight to what's happening. You seem to throw a lot of wild ideas around but without really thinking of the bigger picture...

Back