Skip to main content

Diverse casting should include conservatives

Its a reflective thing which can give the illusion to the viewer of appearing bigger than it actually is.

Yes that's right, the Asian woman who was the English teacher was a huge supporter of the Liberal Party, and from what I remember she was appauled with how poor Tony Abbott's video was... Foreshadowing his Prime Ministership perhaps?

yes, Mikkayla, and she was a big supporter of her local National member outside the house.

also Farmer Dave was a wannabe National candidate.

Its not really diverse casting including conservatives, we already have enough old white men with small testicles and daddy complexes on Australian TV

Another thing I'd love to point out is that not all conservatives votes for the coalition and not everyone who votes for the coalition is a conservative. Political and world views are so much more complex than a one-dimensional scale and to suggest casting on this basis completely misses that point. The kinds of people you find when you filter on that basis are those with uncompromising beliefs based on blind ideology rather than facts.

if you were conservative, and were on the big brother house filled with people who leaned the majority to the left, would you hide your conservatism to get further in the game?

Guess it depends what my views were on particular issues and the sorts of discussions which were taking place. If I was climate denier then hell yeah I'd keep my mouth shut. Especially if there was still a public voting element.

Guess it depends what my views were on particular issues and the sorts of discussions which were taking place. If I was climate denier then hell yeah I'd keep my mouth shut. Especially if there was still a public voting element.

what about if it was just housemates voting?

Would definitely take stock of everyone else first and try to understand their views. Statistically unlikely that a majority wouldn't believe in climate change.

good plan

if i was a conservative climate change denier, i think i'd do the same if i had a chance of winning. but if i didn't, i wouldn't care. either i'd get voted out, or i'd get to stay a few more weeks as a goat. and then work my way up from there.

good plan

if i was a conservative climate change denier, i think i'd do the same if i had a chance of winning. but if i didn't, i wouldn't care. either i'd get voted out, or i'd get to stay a few more weeks as a goat. and then work my way up from there.

I would try sticking to a game plan but I also have zero self-control so I'd say dumb shit without thinking haha

I would try sticking to a game plan but I also have zero self-control so I'd say dumb shit without thinking haha

dumb shit without thinking can be a core part of big brother

i have a temper so climate change denial would be the least of my worries.

I created this thread to instigate a discussion on people's attitudes towards the thought of politics in Big Brother, and particularly the suggestion that conservatives should be represented.

Despite my short time on this forum, I already seem to have had significant impact. I wonder whether there is aggitation from some members?

I nevertheless think your insinuation that I have a "unique brand of crazy" is unwarranted in this thread as it doesn't contribute valuable content to the discussion.

I would like for you to justify this, as I don't think you have elaborated.

People who don't like my posts or threads should ignore me.

conservative-victim-card-check-one-or-more-options-below-choose-32179491.png

The Trump Right (which is sadly most Republicans now) in the US actually seem to believe that the mainstream media bar outlets like Fox and the NY Post are all in on some plot to drive them all from office for good. Murdoch has a much bigger share of the media market in Australia (about 70% of print media which is absolutely fucked up), hence why the Australian media is often seen to have conservative bias on the whole here.

The Trump Right (which is sadly most Republicans now) in the US actually seem to believe that the mainstream media bar outlets like Fox and the NY Post are all in on some plot to drive them all from office for good. Murdoch has a much bigger share of the media market in Australia (about 70% of print media which is absolutely fucked up), hence why the Australian media is often seen to have conservative bias on the whole here.

Trump is the worst! I hope he loses the next election or gets impeached.

Can you cite one precise example on this forum where I have behaved in a way similar to what might be conveyed in this picture? I doubt you could.

You also did not properly acknowledge the contents in my previous post.

Do you not have any arguments to refute what I said?

Last edited:
Back