Skip to main content

Who will host in 2020?

Melissa Doyle just had her current affairs show axed, I reckon she might be in the mix for BB
I don't think anyone working in news would risk their future prospects by hosting BB. Talk about a downward trajectory.

I do think it would be interesting to see though whether they filter the hosts personality or let them be free on the mic. e.g. someone like kitty flanagan, you would expect to have a laugh when watching her, but would channel 7 make her tone her comedic ways down and come off more serious, or let her be herself. Even someone like Peta Credlin, you would expect her to be highly opinionated and controversial, but would producers tell her to tone that down and be more family friendly. I wouldn't be suprised if they made someone like her walk out shuffling to party rock like they made sonia do.

But i do kind of think it would be necessary for them to filter someone like kitty's personality, because bb isnt exactly a stand up comedy routine, and if she was to finish every sentence with a joke which she tends to do, it would kind of be confusing/overwhelming and lose a sense of seriousness/ take away from what bb is.

I always felt sonia had the potential to be a great host but the problem was what she was given to work with. When she is herself and not under producer influence she can actually be quite an interesting funny character and as seen on today she isnt afraid to voice her opinion and have a discussion. But ofc channel 9 had to be 'family friendly' so made her lose all personality and take on the persona of a witty, quirky character, who can't hold their own. If only channel 9 let her be herself on the mic, where we are today could've been miles different.

...oh yes!... yes!... yes!... I think that Kitty Flanagan would be perfect for the role as hostess for the show lol!... if not then...

If it can’t be Gretel at this point I think they need to look for an unknown. A blank slate who can make their own mark on this new series. Someone coming in to the show that we don’t already have preconceived notions about. Someone who we wouldn't normally see in front of a camera...

...^^^ wot Kingston says... new blood... cheers.

It was the Early Show and she was never a serious journalist... She just read the news... It was clearly just a placeholder for her to move on to greater things.

You're right, I meant The Early Show. Today's on another network. Thank you for correcting me.

Just read the news and dated the channels boss. ;) CBS went for quite a serious approach to the first series - it was a surprise really she was retained for the second series, but she settled in eventually. Only took about 15 years.

Just read the news and dated the channels boss. ;) CBS went for quite a serious approach to the first series - it was a surprise really she was retained for the second series, but she settled in eventually. Only took about 15 years.

They started dating after she started hosting BB... She owes pretty much all of her success to that relationship. When news broke that they were dating he was quoted as saying she wouldn’t be leaving BB despite the criticism she’d received. No doubt Les also had a hand in several promotions within CBS she’s received throughout the years.

I'd be totally fine with Reggie hosting the tasks/games in the house but I think this website is trying to ride off the hoopla around Big Brother coming back with no credible sources

Yeah, I think that's what they're doing. Their "source" says Sonia Kruger is a "strong option" to host.. lol!

I'd be totally fine with Reggie hosting the tasks/games in the house but I think this website is trying to ride off the hoopla around Big Brother coming back with no credible sources
What a bizarre suggestion. She's legally blind (from what I understand she now has very limited range of vision in the centre of her eyes) so I doubt she would be up to presenting a show reading off an autocue.

What about Gorgi Coghlan? But she hosts wearing her monster get-up from the masked singer?

Whoever it is, I hope they don't get a host from in their ch 7 array of "personalities". I can't see anyone of them being a good host of big brother.

What about Gorgi Coghlan? But she hosts wearing her monster get-up from the masked singer?

Whoever it is, I hope they don't get a host from in their ch 7 array of "personalities". I can't see anyone of them being a good host of big brother.

Joel Creasey would be a good host.

Back