Skip to main content

Big Brother to air on Seven in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this was Gretel's lowest point of the show. The way she attacked and interrupted Michael was totally uncalled for. This was where there was no doubt whatsoever that she was completely over it.

The lowest of the low... I’m warming to the idea of her returning as presenter though. She could care less about the pay cheque. I don’t she’d sign on again without some sort of guarantee from production of a shift in tone and quality. Basically demands that only someone like Gretel could make...

Gretel was right though.

I think for Gretel to host it, as mentioned, she would want to know that the show she was fronting represented her view that it should be about the pure interaction within the environment and not going on for the pure thing of fame as she mentioned in her interview on radio.

If 7 were smart they would peruse Gretel and utilise her knowledge, experience and understanding of the format. After all she was there when it started and had a bloody good length of involvement with it. If she’s not fronting as host they should at least have her on the show as a producer! Consulting at the very least.

I just fear that the typical carbon copy of Hosts that Seven go for will mean this this will flop. I would love to see them be bold and go for someone like Gretel but I know they aren’t that type of network. The host is a massive factor in the way the show is presented to the audience, more so than just the usual reading an auto cue and their usual hosting choices would be a massive contrast to what they should be for this format.

See if this was Ten bringing it back and they couldn’t get Gretel, I would imagine they would settle for Carrie Bickmore or even (this is an out there thought, but think about it) Sarah Harris

Luke Jacobz would be good compared to some of the other seven “talent”. Worst rumoured host so far is easily Melissa Doyle. She’s daggy and serious, doesn’t suit the show AT ALL. I hope they get someone like Julia Zemero, shes both smart and funny which is what the BB host needs. Someone like Joel Creasey is fun but doesn’t have enough of the serious intelligent side needed for this kind of show. Especially if they’re changing the format to move away from the young models of channel Nine’s BB.

Luke Jacobz would be good compared to some of the other seven “talent”. Worst rumoured host so far is easily Melissa Doyle. She’s daggy and serious, doesn’t suit the show AT ALL. I hope they get someone like Julia Zemero, shes both smart and funny which is what the BB host needs. Someone like Joel Creasey is fun but doesn’t have enough of the serious intelligent side needed for this kind of show. Especially if they’re changing the format to move away from the young models of channel Nine’s BB.

Love Island will most likely be axed next year in my opinion so Sophie will be free to host it.

Love Island will most likely be axed next year in my opinion so Sophie will be free to host it.
Nah. Love Island is pretty popular. Has a huge youth demo that’s really hard for free to air networks to get these days when young people don’t watch television. And in the UK love island is so big it’s occupied the spot big brother used to have over there.

Nah. Love Island is pretty popular. Has a huge youth demo that’s really hard for free to air networks to get these days when young people don’t watch television. And in the UK love island is so big it’s occupied the spot big brother used to have over there.
It does massive numbers on catch-up as well

It does massive numbers on catch-up as well

494,000 watched launch and 357,000 watched last night. Launch night scored approx 80,000 online viewers nationally. Was beaten by the block, masked singer and have you been paying attention in the 16-39 demo. Popular isn't the word id use.

I know of someone going in as an intruder lmao.

494,000 watched launch and 357,000 watched last night. Launch night scored approx 80,000 online viewers nationally. Was beaten by the block, masked singer and have you been paying attention in the 16-39 demo. Popular isn't the word id use.
The premiere was over 700k with streaming and c arch up etc, check 9comms Twitter. And the videos grow as more people catch up. Last season the numbers kept growing as more people went back to stream and the YouTube channel hit half a billion views or something

The premiere was over 700k with streaming and c arch up etc, check 9comms Twitter. And the videos grow as more people catch up. Last season the numbers kept growing as more people went back to stream and the YouTube channel hit half a billion views or something

the only ratings source I will ever trust is OzTAM and David Knox, and that’s where I got my Figures from. 700,000 would obviously be Australia Wide, which is not impressive. Last year did well yes, this year david Knox has already made it clear that the streaming views weren’t high. And youtube Views can’t exactly be generalised given 80% of those viewers were outside Australia.

the only ratings source I will ever trust is OzTAM and David Knox, and that’s where I got my Figures from. 700,000 would obviously be Australia Wide, which is not impressive. Last year did well yes, this year david Knox has already made it clear that the streaming views weren’t high. And youtube Views can’t exactly be generalised given 80% of those viewers were outside Australia.

9comms gets their data from OzTam. The premiere is now almost up to 800,000. You can't really judge Love Island's ratings in the same way we judge something like Masked Singer which would have a traditional viewing audience of old people and families in front of the telly. Love Island's demo is huge and most people watch the show when they get time via 9Go. You have to look at Love Island numbers overall not just the overnights the next morning.

9comms gets their data from OzTam. The premiere is now almost up to 800,000. You can't really judge Love Island's ratings in the same way we judge something like Masked Singer which would have a traditional viewing audience of old people and families in front of the telly. Love Island's demo is huge and most people watch the show when they get time via 9Go. You have to look at Love Island numbers overall not just the overnights the next morning.

Still 524,000 isn't exactly something to scream about. Being part of the 16-39 demo myself, I also know a lot of people who'd rather watch HYBPA or Survivor. It isn't a massive ratings success in comparison to other shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back