Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020 auditions

If you're applying for Big Brother, do not post any information in this thread that could reveal your identity.

David Knox explains,Endemol casting.........

9 has a few weeks left to option rights and expected to dump it as they have other stuff, Love Island especially
7 is bidding.

Just hope 9 back right off, the worst RTV producers on the planet
But 7! Egads, they will make it USA style I bet, and as much like Survivor in a house as they can, likely to be tribes
That is 7's cheap style, RTV combative, soapy drama

Who gets it better sign Julia Zemiro as host, she has worked for 7 on that shit singing show, she is smart like Gretel, she brings cred and a younger viewers, plus 30 & 40 year olds love her

Anyone who is applying, please tell.......can you apply for others????

10 not even in the running sadly.

Actually yeah I just looked into it and that page doesn't seem to be official lol whoops.
Mike also deleted another post on his Facebook page he put up this morning. It was trying to drum up support to bring back Friday night games with himself, Bree and Fitzy......
He seems rather keen to work on BB again. I saw this comment he posted on Leon’s Instagram post. Sounds like it’s in reference to the house potentially being located in Melbourne.0818594F-D752-4987-83BF-16F749536497.jpeg

Mike also deleted another post on his Facebook page he put up this morning. It was trying to drum up support to bring back Friday night games with himself, Bree and Fitzy......
He seems rather keen to work on BB again. I saw this comment he posted on Leon’s Instagram post. Sounds like it’s in reference to the house potentially being located in Melbourne.View attachment 54896
Crazy how social media has changed, we can basically follow anyone who worked or starred on the show, and any type of hint such as "#melbournelife" could easily give away that the show could be in Melbourne. So much harder these days to keep things under wraps.

I still don’t understand how they can accept applications for casting when no network officially has the rights yet. No producers yet, means who is going through all the applications as they come in?

I still don’t understand how they can accept applications for casting when no network officially has the rights yet. No producers yet, means who is going through all the applications as they come in?
I reckon Endemol Shine has just gone for it knowing that a network will pick it up. Unless a network has already picked it up and it's tightly under wraps. I still have a feeling that it's 10, equally happy if it's 7, but will cry if it's 9.

Possibly this whole thing is a marketing ploy by endemol as the contract is coming up to hype up interest in the show so one of the channels does take it on.

Endemol have to be selling a show they can produce, so just like a drama will have names attached at the pilot stage, Endemol may need to have started the casting process if they've got a potential buyer who wants it on air quite quickly.

Because Seven will have signed an agreement to pick up the license (pending Nine's decision to re-option or pass). Either way, Endemol are guaranteed that the show will air next year and can proceed with pre-production. The airing network will be involved in casting selection, but Endemol by and large run the process and they're only at the earliest stages right now.

Nine will drag this out as long as possible (especially if they have no intention of picking it up), but the first right of refusal clause would have a deadline attached (in my experience between 30-60 days). Depending on when Endemol issued the EOI to Nine, we might not get confirmation during upfronts.

This is why I think it's slated for March start. How many seasons of House Rules has Seven committed to next year?
Could that be why Johanna Griggs quit - she'd be a far better host than Sonia.

House Rules could be pushed back but I don't think Seven would want it clashing with The Block. Think the Olympics are late July/early Aug next year so BB either has to get in before then or after then. After suggests a Sept-Nov run similar to Nine, but feels like nowadays just as networks give up on the week after Wednesday they also seem to give up on the year by October too.

Back to Nine potential still have first refusal - ridiculous really Endemol would have signed a deal where Nine are in that position five years after axing it, though potentially to their advantage to get Seven to cough up more than they would if that deal wasn't in place. I don't think anyone at Nine or Endemol want Big Brother on Nine next year though, so the thought Endemol would risk that seems stupid considering the deal supposedly expires in a few weeks. They could have just kept quiet about it and let Seven announce it the day after the rights run out.

No. I believe Nine's rights expired in 2016, but they had an ongoing first right of refusal should any other network show interest in picking it up. So once Seven (presumably) decided they wanted it, Nine got to exercise that right, which must have a time limit of its own. It's only business to let that drag out until the end. Hopefully it'll be over soon and put everyone out of their misery.

Maybe it was fake?

It's not an official page... Just an update of all the articles around.
Early on in posts they put a plea in there for Mike, Bree and fitzy.... An official page wouldn't be doing that.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 2.42.18 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 2.42.18 pm.png
    87 KB · Views: 33
Back