Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2019) - Episode 6 Discussion

Night all.....interesting Manson docos on 2 channels did he die? Or is it the new movie I guess

Really hoping now that tomorrow swap allows for us to really get to know Casey, Sam and Hannah more. Last year Shonee received almost no camera time till the swap 11 episodes in, and she quickly became one of my favourite reality television contestants ever!

I might have got my tips right but damn I would have preferred David to go

Tonight really was the perfect opportunity for David to go. What with upcoming tribe swaps, John giving David hints through his constant questioning, and of course the idol in his pocket.

I might have got my tips right but damn I would have preferred David to go

me too, in...delcan, me too. but i don't think he's winning.

Who left? Surely not Andrew.

Yes.

The Champions were stupid tonight. Maybe they were scared that it was too early to make a move, but it really wasn't. The girls should have voted with ET and Simon to get rid of Luke (which is what I predicted in my tipping - that David would either play or bluff his idol and his henchman would take the fall). By missing this opportunity they've set themselves up for continued failure come the merge. What was the point of Pia knowing David was lying, or Janine saying "no" at tribal to letting one person tell them what to do, if that's the option they went with anyway?

Let's get this straight.
Hot blondie Matt is a high school history teacher-slash-wrestler.
In what alternate universe would this combination be considered a good idea for someone with extreme anger management issues, whose idea of an inspirational pep-talk is to pummel his own team/class into the ground??

Yes.

The Champions were stupid tonight. Maybe they were scared that it was too early to make a move, but it really wasn't. The girls should have voted with ET and Simon to get rid of Luke (which is what I predicted in my tipping - that David would either play or bluff his idol and his henchman would take the fall). By missing this opportunity they've set themselves up for continued failure come the merge. What was the point of Pia knowing David was lying, or Janine saying "no" at tribal to letting one person tell them what to do, if that's the option they went with anyway?
I left for work just after the challenge, so didn't see anything.

I left for work just after the challenge, so didn't see anything.

At the challenge, Pia found out that David was lying about having played an idol for her.
Abbey had a big crisis of faith over whether to side with people she actually liked or not.
At tribal council, it was exposed that David was running the show. Ross admitted he just votes for who he is told to like a good little foot-soldier, but when asked if that was acceptable, Janine said "No!". Yet she still stuck to David's plan. As did Abbey and Pia. Even Simon threw in the towel and voted for ET too.

At the challenge, Pia found out that David was lying about having played an idol for her.
Abbey had a big crisis of faith over whether to side with people she actually liked or not.
At tribal council, it was exposed that David was running the show. Ross admitted he just votes for who he is told to like a good little foot-soldier, but when asked if that was acceptable, Janine said "No!". Yet she still stuck to David's plan. As did Abbey and Pia. Even Simon threw in the towel and voted for ET too.
Why vote for him? He hadn't done anything wrong. Was he considered a threat? That's messed with my overall winner. Goes to show though that well known people are generally cowards at heart, won't be loyal as befits their champion status and it's all a front.

Why vote for him? He hadn't done anything wrong. Was he considered a threat? That's messed with my overall winner.

Just numbers, and David convincing them they don't need his physical strength (he's wrong).
Yes, condolences, I thought he'd be around longer too.

Just numbers, and David convincing them they don't need his physical strength (he's wrong).
Idiots. Of course he's wrong. He was there zoning out in the water challenge for thirty minutes, He's fifty three too so he's not a youngster and can still show physical strength.

As much as I love the Contenders crushing the Champions (though most of the Champions left are quite likeable now) it is getting a bit boring with each episode having the same outcome. Let's see how the tribe swap shakes things up but I'm not a huge fan of those, especially as the Contenders haven't had to turn on each other yet. Would actually prefer they split into 3 tribes of 6, or merge into one of 18 and go individual for a bit before splitting again for a few shows before the real merge.

As for the challenge - wouldn't the best tactic have been to drop one immediately so all the tribe concentrated on the one rope, or were they limited to having 3 on each?

Back to David's pointless lies - annoying the edit missed Shawn and Baden returning to the Contenders and sharing that information. Still think the fake idol will bite him at some point - would actually be great if Shawn actually did the same but producers haven't let us in on that.

What has been so unusual about this series is a team hasn't actually been crushed in the challenges. Yes, the Champions have lost all but one immunity challenge but they have been winning the reward challenges, so it's not as if weak team members have been letting them down challenge after challenge after challenge - and of course the Champions have been to tribal so often they've actually got rid of all the genuinely weak members.

What they need more than strength is unity and getting rid of Nova and Steve helped in that regard, but David clearly the one who should have gone to ensure it moving forward.

Back