Skip to main content

BB1

BB3 should be number 1, IMO. Most of the cast was pretty good, the twists were superb, and Reggie was a deserving winner.

But I found even in the season that maybe weren't as exciting, that there were always housemates to follow and enjoy their journey in the Big Brother house.

So I've started watching BB1 for the first time and I'm really getting into it now. The episode with Blair and Sharna's birthdays and the couple of episodes that followed with the fire task are the real starting point for me. Again, no spoilers please! Just wanted to let you all know I'm watching it.

#1. Season 4, 2004

#2. Season 1, 2001

#3. Season 9, 2012

#4. Season 6, 2006

#5. Season 2, 2002

#6. Season 10, 2013

#7. Season 5, 2005

#8. Season 3, 2003

#9. Season 11, 2014

#10. Season 7, 2007

#11. Season 8, 2008
Well in that case that's the least truthful tweet on Twitter since Donald J Trump last posted.

Number 4. Seriously. That's surely a contender for the worst series of the Channel Ten era. The fact they've put season 3 at number 8 says it all.

I rewatched BB1 BB2 over the summer holidays. I was only 1 when big brother was on so my mother insisted we watch them all in 2014 when I was still in high school. I however decided to watch them again by myself and I learnt a few things:
Watching big brother as a young adolescent compared to being 19 was quite different, when I was younger I purely watched the show for drama and the now obviously producer orchestrated story lines. I however now much more enjoy the simple conversations of the housemates and how they engage with each other as well as hearing about their own personal stories. I also learnt that opinions change as time goes on. The first time I watched big brother 1 I could not stand Christina, second time round I absolutely adored her and felt really sorry for her in the house. Sara Marie will also go down as my favourite big brother housemate. So positive and upbeat and doesnā€™t care what anyone thinks of her. These days with social media and reality television more women should be on our screens to set a body image example to young girls I think! Big brother one overall has been one of my favourite series. Big brother 2 however I found really mundane and tedious to watch, and the whole Jess and Marty thing I feel like was a ā€œyou had to be there to watch it on TVā€ thing, because watching it 17 years later wasnā€™t really anything special and nor do I understand the whole fuss of their relationship despite my admiration for Jessica. Iā€™m rewatching Big Brother 3 as of now and I forgot how much I loved Reggie and just how genuine and loveable she was! I might be biased because Iā€™ve met her before but she is such an amazing housemate!

That's a really good point about having different opinions on the housemates and situations when rewatching it later in life, and probably more extreme for us older folk - in my case recently rewatched BB1-3 UK as a mid-30 something rather than an 18 year old, so identify with completely different people. Also you're rewatching it in a bubble and not influenced by how the people were portrayed in the media etc.

That's a really good point about having different opinions on the housemates and situations when rewatching it later in life, and probably more extreme for us older folk - in my case recently rewatched BB1-3 UK as a mid-30 something rather than an 18 year old, so identify with completely different people. Also you're rewatching it in a bubble and not influenced by how the people were portrayed in the media etc.

Could not agree more. I never got to experience the channel 10 big brother days whilst watching it simultaneously with it being exploded in the media. Iā€™ve been able to watch all of them free of any corruption or bias influencing my opinions. But even my mum found when she watched it with me at 41 years old, that her opinions had changed compared to when she was 27. She for instance hated Bree Amer from 2004 and couldnā€™t stand her as a FNL host, however when we rewatched it she gre rather fond of her. And not to mention as well we got to watch it and refresh her memory of everything that happened without seeing news paper articles and news reports highlighting it in a Negative light.

Sorry to make this resurrect, but i was wondering couple things of BB Australia 1.

Why I have this feeling that Sara Marie is the production fav, BB Fav, and greta's fav? Like in some episodes BB is like " sara marie did this, sara marie did that and ba bababababa" even when she wasn't really the centre of attention in many things. Like i am on day 33 and comemntator said " At least sara marie can breath easily this week ". Like isn't BB meant to be balanced, and not giving impression on who they like or who they not.
On 3rd week eviction the day before Sara was in the lead against todd and gordon and then she got last place with just 30%. Like please, i don't believe this.
Also even greta said " Yea save Sara Marie". Isn't a host supposed to be impartial? I am just confused. Maybe I'm seeing things how they are not.
Also what's ur feeling about Jonny? He is my least fav and can't wait till his ass goes home.

He is my least fav and can't wait till his ass goes home
I can assure you - without any spoilers - his ass went home 18 years ago.

Sara Marie was boisterous and fun and the kids loved her. Reality TV was new, and didn't focus around manufactured drama. If Mike Goldman said "At least sara marie can breath easily this week" it was probably because she wasn't nominated. That's a statement of fact. If Gretel said to save S-M then who can blame producers if they wanted to keep entertaining HMs in... the problem with the early seasons was that the HMs who got the most airtime were more likely to be voted out than the ones who snuck under the radar. Wait until you see how the season pans out and you will understand.

Sara Marie is probably the one of most memorable HM's of the original season. I think that was because of who she was. Yes the the producers would have leaned in and enhanced the Sara Marie experience for the audience by how the produced the show and what they showed, but she had to be doing things to make that possible.

Back