Skip to main content

NBN

I'm really at a loss of what to do with NBN. Currently, we're on Optus cable and NBN will be available in about a month here as HFC. So the same technology/infrastructure.

We currently are on a 100mbps Optus plan and despite issues in the past, it's been great for a year or two. Even in peak times, it's not unusual to get over 90mbps. It's actually rare to ever get below 90. Looking at the chart of speed test results since Dec, none are below 90. So ideally with NBN, we'd love to just get the more uploads, because they are pathetic on cable.

I'm just pretty sure we'll switch over and it'll be worse. I don't know whether to go with Optus, I've heard terrible things though. It's just we're with them now and it's good. Hopefully, it's just a new connection, router, the same with higher uploads so I can actually use the cloud to store stuff.

I'm just pretty sure we'll switch over and it'll be worse. I don't know whether to go with Optus, I've heard terrible things though. It's just we're with them now and it's good. Hopefully, it's just a new connection, router, the same with higher uploads so I can actually use the cloud to store stuff.
My sister in Melbourne just got HFC installed in her unit (iiNet) and she's on the 50Mbps plan... speed test showed her getting 48 down and 19 up. So the upload speeds are not bad and presumably would be the same on Optus? Faster on a 100/40 plan ofc.

Well it's happening. The NBN man comes on Friday, everything crossed for a swift transition! šŸ˜

Woo hoo! It's in and it works. We used to have 0.5 - 5.something MPS, we're now getting 35 plus! AND at no extra cost, same deal with Optus. šŸ˜ƒ

Only hiccup was no in coming calls for a couple of hours while we could ring out. But in coming calls resumed after 3 hours. The man said the landline might take a couple of hours to work. So happy.

Back