Skip to main content

Big Brother House Left To Rot

So now people are cashng in by monetising youtube videos inside the house since they realised the first one got over a million hits?

I’m shocked at the property owners not putting anything in place to prevent this... It’s interesting footage but it’s really only a matter of time before someone is seriously injured... And the footage seems to be what’s attracting vandals to the property.

I’m shocked at the property owners not putting anything in place to prevent this... It’s interesting footage but it’s really only a matter of time before someone is seriously injured... And the footage seems to be what’s attracting vandals to the property.
Agreed, it's just encouraged more vandalism and camera/phone wielding sightseers. I doubt it will last much longer though after this publicity... surprised they haven't done anything since it appeared on TV.

I wonder if they will bother to secure the property or just bulldoze it?

Skye just posted a video of her and her partner going into the house.

A few things that come to mind they saddens me, 1) she didn’t even know what the Friday night live arena was when they entered, she described as a place where “the camera men chilled and had snacks” and 2) when she speaking about Sonia her boyfriend said “Gretel” and it just made me realise that out of the 27,000 odd that have seen the video, most of them would be teenagers that will be confused by the joke, as they have no idea who Gretel Killeen is. This thought came to life when all my friends and I were discussing the video and they said “I don’t understand why the called Sonia Gretel” and it made me quite sad that’s how my demographic remembers big brother. Not Gretel Killeen but Sonia Kruger, it really does saddens me that if you ask people in their teens and 20s these days about big brother, they’ll be thinking of the channel 9 revival series rather than what the show actually once was.

I haven't watched Skye's channel before but out of all of the 'exploration' videos posted so far, hers is definitely the most interesting out of all of them. Just a cute, fun, casual day out with the kids trespassing 😙🧘✌️

good god, she really hasn't changed much, has she?
"She said I was as deep as a paddling pool. She should have said shallow, because paddling pools really aren't deep"

Um, sweetie, that's the point.

Sounds like a pipe dream... Even if they were successful in negotiations with the property owners there would be a lot of improvements needed to get things up to code.
Not really - won't take anywhere near as long as you'd think to tidy it up and for such a project an "abandoned" building is perfect. You don't even need to replace the mirrors in the camera runs - they make perfect destinations for shooting the participants, this time in a literal sense.

As a business model it's far more viable than "Big Brother house tours" - that ship has long since passed.

Back