Skip to main content

(US) Survivor : Edge Of Extinction

Glad the voting out players are back in next week. It was starting to drag. Better episode this week

I wonder how many are getting back in? Is it going to be like the past with just one player doing a comp to get back in
or are they bringing back a whole new tribe?

So far the only voted out player I'd like to see back is Aubry. I did kind of like Keith as the underdog but he was just like a naughty kid last night, I don't think he has the strength required for Survivor.

I loved the Aubry blindside, perfectly set up on the edit. The first half (or episode) even had some drama among the outcasts for a change with the fight to get to the advantage. I definitely enjoyed these episodes which I thought stepped things up, though it's still unclear how the outcasts situation will be resolved. I wasn't expecting Wendy to go, though the edit has been clear about her not really playing the game much.

Oh for crying out loud.
Some really bad decisions are marring what otherwise isn't a terrible season.
Extinction Island though, has got to go.
This week, not only does one voted out player get to return to the game due to a ballgame, but the remaining exiled players who just lost get to go back to Exile Island for *another* chance to return.
WHY?!? It's such a non-event, and sucks every bit of satisfaction out of seeing a weak or annoying player go.
The result is that NO ONE has left yet. They could stretch it out for a year.
Jeff is also well beyond the point of annoying with his "Devins Devins Devins". No other player this season gets referred to by their last name, so why is he man-crushing so hard on this Rick Devins guy? And now he has him back, which is obviously what he wanted.

and they came into the last tribal council as the "Jury" does that mean everyone decides....or is it just so these players know whats happening on the tribe.?

I was only half way through the episode when I wrote that post. Now I'm just confused.
I *think* Keith & Wendy decided to leave, and Aubry, Chris and Reem decided to stay. It wasn't made clear enough though.
But then we see those three back on the jury? Shouldn't they be "in secret" on their island? Either the logic or the editing this season is a bit of a mess.

I was only half way through the episode when I wrote that post. Now I'm just confused.
I *think* Keith & Wendy decided to leave, and Aubry, Chris and Reem decided to stay. It wasn't made clear enough though.
But then we see those three back on the jury? Shouldn't they be "in secret" on their island? Either the logic or the editing this season is a bit of a mess.
Had to go back and check,looks like they went back to the island and then raised the sail for the boat and are the first two to go home.Aubrey,chsri and Reem didnt so they went to "Jury"...who knows what the producers are thinking at this point

The whole extinction island thing hasn't really taken up much of the show anyway. The battle back competition among them to get back into the game was basically taken from Big Brother. I don't know if the jury will be very large or it they are just a temporary audience. The whole 'we made the jury so we won in a way' has always annoyed me anyway, the winners in these kind of shows are at least those who get to the final. So if it is a bigger jury I don't really care that much. If that is the idea it could at least counter early boots being treated like trash as could sometimes happen., though that might be a bigger problem on Big Brother.

Having the extinction island jury in clear sight of the real jury really negates any suspense the evictee has - they know they are coming back now so the "decision" is a non-event. It can also influence who gets voted out, as they know it isn't permanent.

I'm finding it hard to warm to any of the new players at all.
The returnees remain the most interesting - I like Joe, Aubry and David, and Kelley is ruthless but interesting.
At this stage I do want one of them to win.

I was liking Rick until Jeff Probst started calling him Devins

I liked Wendy because she was different to everyone else.

Other than the returnees, they all sort of merge into one another.

Not really any point in "strategizing" when everyone is at Tribal anyway so they all know the strategy

I'm finding it hard to warm to any of the new players at all.
The returnees remain the most interesting - I like Joe, Aubry and David, and Kelley is ruthless but interesting.
At this stage I do want one of them to win.
True..it's like they are background cast in a soap opera,there but not there.

I always think it's a mistake to have a mix of newbies and vets.

The latest vote was obviously a bad decision for the Kama tribe as they left in two people on the other side who have idols. They didn't even have to play them as they'd obviously been informed where the vote was going.

The start of the episode was like a speeded up condensed explanation of what happened the previous tribal, it seemed like we needed to know more of what potentially might happen before that tribal than doing so much catching up after it.

I'm hoping David, Joe or Aubry can get back in and win this thing, as the others are all numbnuts (apart from Wentworth who is just evil).

The 4 (already voted out) returning players are still the only interesting people there.
Wardog and Devens are just nothing.

Back