Skip to main content

Speculation: Big Brother Australia in 2019?

Live Streaming.

Alex M is now at ITV, right? No longer at Endemol and Southern Star?
Oh I assumed you meant features as in gimmicks (where's the vomit emoji?)

Yeah I guess he's at ITV now, hopefully he's on a LONG contract lol.

Reactions: kxk
He posted this just now:

View attachment 54178

I think this is probably a reflective post and for all we know Mike and Bree might just be discussing their time on Big Brother on his next podcast and that was what the initial tease was about on his instagram story. I would be very happy to be proven wrong though.

If this is true and it is in talks on coming back that is a very good sign about having live streaming and uncut. Somehow I think it is wishful thinking on his part and too good to be true. 😪

Surely we can't get everything we want? It would be amazing. There has to be a catch. 😔

I expect nothing will change. Alex M will still be producing the show. Network change will ultimately mean nothing - it will still be the same as it was on 9 with more features.
Oh I assumed you meant features as in gimmicks (where's the vomit emoji?)

Yeah I guess he's at ITV now, hopefully he's on a LONG contract lol.

The thing is Endemol might be merging with ITV in the UK. Possibly the same thing could happen with the Australian counterpart then Big Brother would be part of ITV and guess who would no doubt be chosen as executive producer...

If that doesn't happen he might even quit ITV if there was a chance he could come back to BB. It is his favourite format to work on. The sad thing is the networks seem to be happy with him doing I'm A Celebrity and Love Island. I can't stand what he has done to Celebrity. If BB comes back we need fresh eyes as executive producers and Peter Abbott as a consulting producer. A revival needs to be done properly this time if it has any chance of being a success. A new executive producer is essential.

Again if a BB revival is being looked into I wonder which network is looking at it. Hopefully it is Network Ten. I feel like they would be the only ones who could give it a real shot. And they originally had it and did the show properly before.

The other contenders:
Channel Nine - DIRE! *shudder* Never let this happen again! Please God! 🙏
Channel Seven - To be honest it would probably be exactly the same version Channel Nine produced and they would play it way too safe. I wouldn't trust them with it. I think Seven is looking for a format to fill the 4th quarter though and they were going to do "The Rich House" this year but plans for that were quietly shelved.

I guess time will tell...

You would think they would want to move forward with new hosts of the show? No, same old boring...

I am guessing that Alex M will produce the show once again.

I doubt that he would produce considering he is already doing I'm A Celeb and Love Island.

I expect nothing will change. Alex M will still be producing the show. Network change will ultimately mean nothing - it will still be the same as it was on 9 with more features.

Why would it be the same as Nine? The family friendly format was a flop so why would you go there again.

I doubt that he would produce considering he is already doing I'm A Celeb and Love Island.

I think he would leave those productions to produce Big Brother again. He seems to enjoy working on those productions.

They tried a new host with Sonia and she was awful.

That was a move by 9 that didn't work. 10 should know what works (Then again, they chose Kyle and Jackie O which was not good).

Why would it be the same as Nine? The family friendly format was a flop so why would you go there again.

I expect that the time slot which they would put the Daily Show on would require a family friendly format.

I expect that the time slot which they would put the Daily Show on would require a family friendly format.

I think you’d be surprised. Ten have always been the edgier network and there are multi channels these days, you could structure it quite different in what content they produce.

I think he would leave those productions to produce Big Brother again. He seems to enjoy working on those productions.

That was a move by 9 that didn't work. 10 should know what works (Then again, they chose Kyle and Jackie O which was not good).

It's fine to have a family friendly format at an earlier time slot but they should also have an Uncut show and live streaming as Mike mentioned in his Instagram post for those who want to see how the housemates really are.

It's fine to have a family friendly format at an earlier time slot but they should also have an Uncut show and live streaming as Mike mentioned in his Instagram post for those who want to see how the housemates really are.
If they are going to have a family friendly format then that comes with the likelihood of naff family friendly (and producer manipulated) challenges like boyband/girlband singing

If they are going to have a family friendly format then that comes with the likelihood of naff family friendly (and producer manipulated) challenges like boyband/girlband singing

True. I wish that our BB was more like BB UK but they can get away with more there as its shown at 9/10 pm.

Bree works for Seven as a casting producer so it looks like Channel Seven might have picked up BB.

Bree works for Seven as a casting producer so it looks like Channel Seven might have picked up BB.
I highly doubt that she would be on Mikes podcast to announce her employer has obtained BB...
Television doesn’t work like that and they are way too protective of their secrets to allow that to happen lol

I highly doubt that she would be on Mikes podcast to announce her employer has obtained BB...
Television doesn’t work like that and they are way too protective of their secrets to allow that to happen lol

Why would he write about a meeting he had about BB and then say he will have Bree Amer on the show to talk about it then? It just seems weird. Seven after all announced The Rich House which was very similar to BB and then went very quiet on it.

Channel 7 would be interesting. Seeing Big Brother on all three major networks would be different. Seeing as 9 has Love Island, 10 has I’m a Celeb, it’s fitting for Big Brother to be on 7.

Back