Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2018) - Episode 18 Discussion

Who should Delcan tip as 'overall winner' next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Two great tribal councils in a row. Hard to see what Im typing as I just had cataract surgery a few hours ago so forgive any mistakes. Awesome to see Benji's ass heading for the jury villa! So much for my Commando Steve wish but the guy just doesnt bring anything to the table. Benji at least was someone you could hate....Steve is just...there and still cant win a challenge. Its going to be an interesting endgame with 5 women and only 2 men. I just wish that Monika had some sort of resume to win the game. I really like her but if she got to final tribal council somehow she has just no case to make to sway a jury.

...speaking of sweet ladies... I wonder where my sweet friend Beachsands is of late?
Last I heard from Beachsands she had been having trouble logging on to the site, back on 25 August.

According to her profile page: Last seen Aug 31, 2018 - maybe she still has trouble or just gave up? :(

Last I heard from Beachsands she had been having trouble logging on to the site, back on 25 August.

According to her profile page: Last seen Aug 31, 2018 - maybe she still has trouble or just gave up? :(

...thanks for telling me Timmy... I was hoping that she wasn't ill or something... if I knew how to help her to fix her problem I would... I hope that she figures it out soon and hasn't given up... perhaps she may have to start another account if she is having so much trouble?... even if she can't log in she could still be reading this without logging in can't she?... make a new account Beachsands... I miss talking to you sweet lady... I hope that all is good with you... cheers.

I really like her but if she got to final tribal council somehow she has just no case to make to sway a jury.

It's beginning to feel like the person with the most friends on the jury will win.

Right now the jury is:
Robbie
Samuel
Mat (may prove a bitter voter)
Benji

All four are possible Monika voters, especially if she's up against contenders like Shonee and Fenella.

If the final three are champions, the least offensive champion will win. Monika is a serious dark horse. She's done exactly zero but could still win based solely on being inoffensive.

giphy.gif

He's smiling because he's now not the only Australian Idiot to be eliminated holding a HII. Russell doesn't count, he was probably never meant to last deep into the game.

It's beginning to feel like the person with the most friends on the jury will win.

Right now the jury is:
Robbie
Samuel
Mat (may prove a bitter voter)
Benji

All four are possible Monika voters, especially if she's up against contenders like Shonee and Fenella.

If the final three are champions, the least offensive champion will win. Monika is a serious dark horse. She's done exactly zero but could still win based solely on being inoffensive.

Monika hasn't done a lot, but I wouldn't say she's done zero... I might have thought so earlier on (and I still don't think she's that bright because it took her a very long time to figure out the correct way to jump into water lol - I think yesterday's episode was the first time she did it sensibly), but at least she can be fluid and flexible in making considered decisions when it comes to flipping. At this point it looks like she's doing better than Shonee and Fenella, those two can be fun to watch but they haven't really done well - sucked in by Benji's lies, voted wrongly a few times, and Shonee wasted her advantage, so to be honest their resume at the moment doesn't look good. Right now Monika and Brian seem to be flipping whenever it feels right to them and in yesterday's episode we saw that they were at least smart enough to see that Benji needs taking out now before it's too late, so if that brings them to the end, that counts as a little something.

My favourite for now is still Shane though. Smart move picking the teams for the reward challenge to choose Monika and Brian so that whether they win or lose the challenge, it means she gets to talk to them and try to get them back on her side, instead of giving Benji more opportunity to draw them in further to his side.

Thats right about Shane. She has made two key decisions during challenges that have directly influenced the outcome of the game and lead to the demise of Lydia (sobbing quietly) and Benji. As for Monika I hope you are right but she will have to be taken, to final by someone, she cannot win her way there herself. Nice to see a beauty queen who is anything but a diva, friendly social, gets along with everyone and never seems to complain about anything. So unlike American beauty queens (see Big Brother 20 Bayleigh)

Now how can I view the jury villa videos? Im not in Australia so Tenplay blocks me and there was a reddit thread for the first season but I cannot find any links for this one. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Two great tribal councils in a row. Hard to see what Im typing as I just had cataract surgery a few hours ago so forgive any mistakes. Awesome to see Benji's ass heading for the jury villa! So much for my Commando Steve wish but the guy just doesnt bring anything to the table. Benji at least was someone you could hate....Steve is just...there and still cant win a challenge. Its going to be an interesting endgame with 5 women and only 2 men. I just wish that Monika had some sort of resume to win the game. I really like her but if she got to final tribal council somehow she has just no case to make to sway a jury.

I don't really hate people on the show, and normally I don't on reality shows, people may annoy me but I don't want it to be some kind of pantomime with villains and heroes.

Monika
Steve
Shane

All haven't done that much for me. But it wouldn't surprise me if Shane got to the end because of the huge deal the edit made of her being behind Lydia's downfall, though I think Lydia was a target anyway and she was never likely to get to the end.

Sharn was made to look a fool at tribal so maybe people will want to take her to the end. Steve has generally kept in the background but could prove an immunity threat. Shane is only a huge danger in challenges when she can use her strong legs, and normally immunities are more upper body strength. Brian is a an immunity threat and he's been shown to flip a lot.

Benji got rid of Mat which I thought soon after was a double edged move as Mat was a big target in front of him. Brian has now done the same getting rid of Benji who was a bigger target. He did it with the confidence he has an idol and has shown he can win immunity in this group. But I think he's largely dependent now on Sharn and Monika, every indication has been that Shane and Steve don't really like him. Shonella will side with him if convenient but I wouldn't be surprised if they'd jump at a chance to eliminate him.

The potential Monika/Brian alliance is interesting as normally we've seen the older people and the younger people group together separately. But it may not be anything significant at this point.

Based on the edit I'd take a guess at a Shane, Sharn, Shonee final, three women, three Sh's. Of those I'd prefer Shonee to win.

Last edited:
Why are these contestants so reluctant to play an idol? For all that Sharn is being ridiculed, at least she did play it. Mat and Benji are no better than Russell Hantz in being so smug and over-confident that they ignore all the obvious clues and don't consider the possibility of being voted out.

Why are these contestants so reluctant to play an idol? For all that Sharn is being ridiculed, at least she did play it. Mat and Benji are no better than Russell Hantz in being so smug and over-confident that they ignore all the obvious clues and don't consider the possibility of being voted out.
the best thing ever is seeing an arrogant,"I control the game" player go home with an idol

It's what many do now with idols, Wendell on the US version did the same. I suppose a lot of gamblers are getting cast.

I can't say I'm that bothered how Benji eats nachos, not really important to me. I still find the hate more ridiculous than the reality on the show like he's a big pantomime villain, that could be what the producers wanted anyway, or they might have thought he'd be another Luke to people. Luke seemed popular last year and when I saw Benji entering the jury house he was just like Luke, sounded very similar. The main difference is Benji is quieter when he sits down to give a confessional.

Back