Skip to main content

Gogglebox Australia

hate beards......and so did
FactsYouDidntKnowAboutRoaldDahl-Twits.jpg

The Twits was actually a campaign against beards
Roald Dahl had a desire to, "do something against beards," due to his acute dislike of facial decoration -- this lead to The Twits. The first sentence of the story is, "What a lot of hairy-faced men there are around nowadays!"

But, why DO variagated plants lose their variagation? They didn't tell us!!! I actually want to know
The coloring results from unstable changes in the leaf's cells. One of themost common variegated plantproblems is limited chlorophyll in theleaves. Less chlorophyll means less solar energy, as it is a primary component in photosynthesis. Variegated plants are less vigorous than green specimens are. (So says Dr Google)

I think that is lack of sunlight
The coloring results from unstable changes in the leaf's cells. One of themost common variegated plantproblems is limited chlorophyll in theleaves. Less chlorophyll means less solar energy, as it is a primary component in photosynthesis. Variegated plants are less vigorous than green specimens are. (So says Dr Google)
But if they get the sun on them the leaves get burnt...

Why does variegation disappear? The plant may do it as a survival tactic. It may also occur due to another leaf cell mutation. Variegated plants growing in shady or semi-shady locations are really at a disadvantage. Not only do they have low levels of chlorophyll, but they are not even exposed to adequate light. This scenario lends itself to reversion of variegated leaves. Variegation loss in plants could also be spurred by changes in heat or cold. If the weather is unfavorable to a particular plant, it may revert just to get a competitive advantage. Once the leaves revert to all green, the plant can increase its harvest of solar energy, which in turn gives it more fuel to produce bigger and stronger growth. Waterlogged plants may also turn back and new shoots often come out green.

Read more at Gardening Know How: Variegated Plant Problems: What Causes Reversion Of Variegated Leaves https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/variegated-plant-problems.htm

...there you Timmy my friend... your answer to your plant problems my friend...

...Keith and Lee remind me of my mum and dad at times with the way that they act lol!... god bless their hearts... I bet they're still acting that way in Heaven above until this day lol!... cheers.

Vanessa is great Sticky

Yuck how gross is this food

...yes I've seen her on a couple of shows since she left and she's quite fun... it's just a shame that we didn't get to see that side of her on the show itself methinks!... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
...someone could vomit into that food in that bowl and nobody would know any better... urgh!... that looked awful!... cheers.

Anastasia's got to go.. She's got nothing.

...she used to be my favourite on this show but she's lost that 'gullibility' and 'silly ignorance' of everything around her from when she first started out on this show... it's almost as if she has her opinions all rehearsed beforehand as of late... and... most of what she says isn't as funny as it used to be either... but I still like her friend Faye though... cheers.

...I have tried so hard to like this "Pointless" show but it really is a poor copy of it's show in the UK... it's more about the two hosts trying to be funnier than the other one as far as I'm concerned... they need to be replaced altogether for me... cheers.

...that old woman's son is massive isn't he?... as one of them said "she gave Birth to him?"... lol!... she is so tiny... cheers.

Back