Skip to main content

Post BB Housemate Antics - Part 4

a shame your opinions are so fixed that you can’t allow yourself an opportunity to learn more about a young woman than what you learnt from an editted rtv show and a higlights reel of her life that is her social media presence (and that is a major point in this podcast ... reality vs highlights reel)
hearing some of the realities of her childhood and family life with a mother with early onset dementia ... hearing raw emotion as she ... oh never mind ... you have a closed mind in respect of this - I just think you are missing out
Totally agree.

While I wasn’t a fan of Tully during filming and I really like getting to know the person. She is like many girls her age, struggling to find her fit, find love all while reconciling huge life lessons and life hurts.

Dr Phil says your greatest influence is the same sex parent, and like many of us, Tully was robbed of that in the most traumatic way. That in itself has a huge impact on personal growth. It is wonderful to see she is coming out the other side.

Really. you're judging me on having a closed mind based on my liking or disliking a contestant on a reality show, something EVERYONE on this forum does? I don't know anything about her personal history beyond relationships since she became famous, and I didn't make any comment on it.
OK, a bit disappointing though crimmy.
I think it is important to remember these are real and flawed people and most times they are young people. Young enough to be our children.

And I think it needs to be said that just because you think “EVERYONE” does it doesn’t mean it’s right. These are real people, not actors. And as a side note, not everyone does do it.

The irony is if you confront a forum anonymous nickname on the way they are targeting a real life person, you get called a bully, but an anonymous nick name can say anything they like about a reality star and it’s fair game. To me that is not okay.

Some of the stuff that has been said about Tully/Tziporia/Keira/etc have been horrible.

I think it is important to remember these are real and flawed people and most times they are young people. Young enough to be our children.

And I think it needs to be said that just because you think “EVERYONE” does it doesn’t mean it’s right. These are real people, not actors. And as a side note, not everyone does do it.

The irony is if you confront a forum anonymous nickname on the way they are targeting a real life person, you get called a bully, but an anonymous nick name can say anything they like about a reality star and it’s fair game. To me that is not okay.

Some of the stuff that has been said about Tully/Tziporia/Keira/etc have been horrible.

Good points, well expressed.
Just to clarify, I meant that "everyone" either likes or dislikes reality show contestants, not "everyone" bullies or says awful things about them, which I don't condone at all. My original post in this thread was intended as humour, I don't feel any actual malice towards Tully or anyone else.

Reactions: Tee
Good points, well expressed.
Just to clarify, I meant that "everyone" either likes or dislikes reality show contestants, not "everyone" bullies or says awful things about them, which I don't condone at all. My original post in this thread was intended as humour, I don't feel any actual malice towards Tully or anyone else.
Thanks. You too.

I think that’s why I find myself on the outer so often. I can’t stand some of the vitriol that gets sprayed at reality contests. I have taken real issue with alot of the fat shaming, and slut shaming and mocking of obvious mental illness/body dysmorphia. These are real people being exploited for our own enjoyment. Don’t get me wrong, I love watching them too, but I feel uncomfortable when I visualise that human coming into this forum and reading some of the stuff that gets said about them.

Thanks. You too.

I think that’s why I find myself on the outer so often. I can’t stand some of the vitriol that gets sprayed at reality contests. I have taken real issue with alot of the fat shaming, and slut shaming and mocking of obvious mental illness/body dysmorphia. These are real people being exploited for our own enjoyment. Don’t get me wrong, I love watching them too, but I feel uncomfortable when I visualise that human coming into this forum and reading some of the stuff that gets said about them.

Yes and I think it is easy to forget that they are real people, because the shows they appeared in were often sold to us as drama, and the producers want to create villains for us to boo and hiss at. It adds another dimension too when you factor in that these real people may also be reading these forums or social media. Maybe we all need to take a step back and review what we are saying before we hit "post reply". Not censorship as real opinions and honesty are valid, but just assessing whether it's a personal attack or not, and remembering that they are real people, as flawed, but also as sensitive, as any one of us.

It can sometimes feel like these people are like two different people... Eg Tully the character on big brother and Tully the real person. One it feels like it is within the bounds of what this forum was created for to he able to comment on her, the other it doesn't. Sometimes it can be hard to read which version of the person is being referred to.

hearing drew in the news recently got me wondering: did he ever cop any of the blame over that whole cheating thing, or did tully bear the brunt of that?

Who was Drew cheating on?
He wasn’t cheating per se. But he knew Tully had a partner.

I don’t remember exactly what happened now. Tully definitely fell for him. I think they stole some kisses.

I don’t fully remember whether they were truly ‘coupley’ in the house or it was more like they hang out a lot (more than might have been comfortable for a partner to see) and it became super obvi9us they were smitten with each other (especially Tully).

from what i remember tully was way more into drew in the house. very needy. whilst drew was a bit more laid back and cool with the world. no wonder their relationship never worked out.

i don't think they were as blatant as clawson in their affair, but it was clear enough what was happening.

though maybe it was the case that tully wasn't needy, but just had different emotional needs that someone like drew did not have the personality to give to her.

He wasn’t cheating per se. But he knew Tully had a partner.

I don’t remember exactly what happened now. Tully definitely fell for him. I think they stole some kisses.

I don’t fully remember whether they were truly ‘coupley’ in the house or it was more like they hang out a lot (more than might have been comfortable for a partner to see) and it became super obvi9us they were smitten with each other (especially Tully).
Exactly. If Tully wanted to cheat on her partner that's her decision. He was definitely not as into her as she was to him. Maybe Reepbot thinks he should be dragged before a lynch mob, but I don't.

Reactions: kxk
I adored Ruby and Drew together. I am sorry they broke up as she seemed like a girl that had her life together fairly well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...firms-SPLIT-Tully-Smyths-ex-Anthony-Drew.html

'You have broken my heart in a way I didn't know was possible': Leah Costa confirms SPLIT from Tully Smyth's ex Anthony Drew... as the Big Brother star accuses her of 'showing up unannounced' to his home and work
By Benge Nsenduluka For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 15:04 AEST, 17 May 2018 | Updated: 16:05 AEST, 17 May 201
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...IT-Tully-Smyths-ex-Anthony-Drew.html#comments
Leah Costa, 25, has confirmed her split from Anthony Drew, just three weeks after confirming their relationship.

The Bachelor In Paradise star accused the 2013 Big Brother star of 'breaking her heart' in a now-deleted Instagram post on Thursday.

She told fans she felt 'hurt' and unappreciated, writing: 'no matter how much of yourself you give... it will somehow never be enough.'

4C5835F700000578-5739065-image-a-3_1526536479324.jpg

+7
4C58360C00000578-5739065-_You_have_broken_my_heart_in_a_way_I_didn_t_know_was_possible_Le-a-2_1526536479281.jpg

+7
'You have broken my heart in a way I didn't know was possible': Leah Costa (L) confirms SPLIT from Tully Smyth's ex Anthony Drew (R)

'Life is hard and sometimes life is cruel. Sometimes your [sic] lucky enough to find the person that is everything youve [sic] ever been looking for and more,' she wrote alongside a kissing photo of the pair.

'Only to discover that they are broken inside and no matter how much of yourself you give or how hard you try or even how much you love them and how happy you seem to be it will somehow never be enough.

She added: 'You have broken my heart in a way I didn't know it was possible to hurt. @drewanthony_.'

4C58361100000578-5739065-Drama_The_Bachelor_In_Paradise_star_accused_the_2013_Big_Brother-a-101_1526537079787.jpg

+7
Drama: The Bachelor In Paradise star accused the 2013 Big Brother star of 'breaking her heart' in a now-deleted Instagram post on Thursday

She later re-posted the message with slight changes, including her parting words to him: 'I hope you find whatever it is your looking for.'

In response to Leah's sombre post, Chadwick model Anthony denied they were ever in a serious relationship and cited her alleged love of the spotlight as the reason they never worked out.

'We were casually seeing each other and I made it unequivocally clear that I wanted to stay out of the media,' he told Daily Mail Australia on Thursday.

'That must've translated to 'pretend I'm engaged and give the public a life lesson about the media' because then the engagement ring/appearance on The Project fiasco happened.

4C58486F00000578-5739065-Hitting_back_In_response_to_Leah_s_sombre_post_Chadwick_model_An-a-102_1526537079813.jpg

+7
Hitting back: In response to Leah's sombre post, Chadwick model Anthony denied they were ever in a serious relationship and cited her alleged love of the spotlight as the reason they never worked out

He continued: 'I told her I didn't think we should continue seeing each [other]... This was followed by her showing up unannounced to my house and workplace on occasions.

'Unfortunately what was a fun casual thing was ruined by her wanting to keep the headlines rolling.'

Just three weeks ago former topless entertainer Leah gushed about a new man after failing to find love on Bachelor In Paradise.

4C58360500000578-5739065-PR_stunt_We_were_casually_seeing_each_other_and_I_made_it_unequi-a-103_1526537079821.jpg

+7
PR stunt: 'We were casually seeing each other and I made it unequivocally clear that I wanted to stay out of the media,' Anthony told Daily Mail Australia on Thursday. 'That must've translated to 'pretend I'm engaged and give the public a life lesson about the media' because then the engagement ring/appearance on The Project fiasco happened.' Leah is pictured with Bachelor In Paradise's Eden Schwencke

'I said I hoped that something bigger and better was waiting for me on the outside. I guess it's true that when life appears to be falling to pieces, it is really just falling into place,' she wrote on Instagram last month.

'I never thought I could find a love like this.'

The breakup speculation comes after the former Bachelor 'villain' temporarily deleted her Instagram account due to backlash from fans over her bizarre 'fake engagement' stunt.

Leah was recently slammed by fans for 'faking her engagement,' after flaunting a diamond 'engagement' ring, in what she at first called a 'social experiment' before claiming it was an 'accident.'

4C58360000000578-5739065-Bizarre_Leah_was_recently_slammed_by_fans_for_faking_her_engagem-a-105_1526537080117.jpg

+7
Bizarre: Leah was recently slammed by fans for 'faking her engagement,' after flaunting a diamond 'engagement' ring, in what she at first called a 'social experiment' before claiming it was an 'accident'

Leah spoke about her 'engagement', telling fans that she was just wearing the 'engagement' ring as part of an elaborate media hoax.

In a lengthy message posted on Instagram she claimed she was giving reality TV fans an 'education' about the 'power of suggestion' in an era of fake news.

Leah wrote: 'Over the past few weeks I've been positioning you all to buy a particular truth, to try and raise the issue and get you talking about how often this occurs.

'You may have all seen a sparkly ring appear on my finger. Without having ever said I am engaged and without having ever confirmed or denied it. I have managed to show you all the power of suggestion.'

But the publicity stunt backfired and some followers slammed her as 'a deranged attention seeker' and 'completely embarrassing.'

4C5835FB00000578-5739065-Fake_Leah_previously_spoke_about_her_engagement_telling_fans_tha-a-104_1526537079879.jpg

+7
Fake! Leah previously spoke about her 'engagement,' telling fans that she was just wearing the 'engagement' ring as part of an elaborate media hoax, leading to immense backlash

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...lly-Smyths-ex-Anthony-Drew.html#ixzz5FkApIM11
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Sounds like Leah was trying to use Drew for publicity. She sounds crazier than Tully.

I wish I knew why Drew and Ruby broke up, at least she wasn’t crazy.

Back