Skip to main content

TODAY 2018

oh okay, when's that one on? The other one was okay up to a Point. Did you see it? Just had other stuff recorded to watch to bother with it. The Aussie one might be better - although I am ex pat UK, maybe that's why I wasn't keen on the Uk ones. I know too many people like it ha ha!

oh okay, when's that one on? The other one was okay up to a Point. Did you see it? Just had other stuff recorded to watch to bother with it. The Aussie one might be better - although I am ex pat UK, maybe that's why I wasn't keen on the Uk ones. I know too many people like it ha ha!

no, i never saw it. first time i heard about it was on this forum.

how long ago has it been since you moved from the UK?

TODAY......RECONCILIATION WEEK BEGINS

https://www.reconciliation.org.au/national-reconciliation-week/

nrw-theme.png

Today I got alerted to the former existence of the Turnspit.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnspit_dog

The Turnspit dog was a short-legged, long-bodied dog bred to run on a wheel, called a turnspit or dog wheel, to turn meat. The type is now extinct.
Turnspits were described as "long-bodied, crooked-legged and ugly dogs, with a suspicious, unhappy look about them"
[gee, I wonder why?]
The dogs were also taken to church to serve as foot warmers. One story says that during service at a church in Bath, the Bishop of Gloucester gave a sermon and uttered the line "It was then that Ezekiel saw the wheel...". At the mention of the word "wheel" several turnspit dogs, who had been brought to church as foot warmers, ran for the door.
Queen Victoria kept retired turnspit dogs as pets.

Whiskey, the only remaining specimen.

74FC4399-46B2-4CF6-B364-A5BDD8457E28.jpeg

I feel bad for the Turnspits.

Oh how sad is that wee doggie, and horrible stuff they have done to animals, I can never forget a story in our school readers about a horse down the mines, had a foal, telling the foal there is a world of light....foul couldn't imagine, such a sad story for little kids.

Today I had some great news, I was offered a great new job, I know I will love, doing stuff I love......and working for a really nice guy I have known for years professionally:)

Oh how sad is that wee doggie, and horrible stuff they have done to animals, I can never forget a story in our school readers about a horse down the mines, had a foal, telling the foal there is a world of light....foul couldn't imagine, such a sad story for little kids.

Today I had some great news, I was offered a great new job, I know I will love, doing stuff I love......and working for a really nice guy I have known for years professionally:)
Congratulations...that sounds wonderful.

Is this our random chat/off topic chat thread? I was about to start one but I will use this now.

There is another general chat, but i think it had an offensive divisive title, I will check & post something in it........we had stopped using these for a while
Might be good to start another, going to look

Today I had to give up one of my cichlids, he was getting too big and aggressive, constantly chasing and nipping at the other fish.
I did however buy a new silver shark, blue-spotted gudgeon, julii corydora and peppered corydora.

Today I had to give up one of my cichlids, he was getting too big and aggressive, constantly chasing and nipping at the other fish.
I did however buy a new silver shark, blue-spotted gudgeon, julii corydora and peppered corydora.
How do you get rid of a fish? Do you pass it on to someone else?

No refund as I bought it well over a year ago so had no proof I bought it there. They didn't offer me anything for it, just "taking it off my hands", but that's ok, at least I feel good that it's gone to a new home.

No refund as I bought it well over a year ago so had no proof I bought it there. They didn't offer me anything for it, just "taking it off my hands", but that's ok, at least I feel good that it's gone to a new home.
oh well, like you said at least it gets a new home.

Congratulations @kxk That’s great news. When do you start?

Back