Skip to main content

I'm A Celebrity! AU (2018) Pre-season chat

...thanks Medusa for the heads up sweetness... I'll be there with bells on!... lol!... I can't wait for it to begin... the non ratings drought is finished at last!!!!!!... (thank God)... the only things that I hate about the show are the eating events... I have to turn the sound down and not watch the TV until they're over lol!... cheers.
Well unfortunately I’ll have to watch in expletive deleted QLD time. Will hunt down an antenna man very soon. This week is for getting back on track with exercise. Sigh wish I liked it more.

...hey Medusa and hi Meglos... I started this thread up to basically announce that Celeb was coming back and I did the title to emulate the thread that we posted 'Live' in from last year but with the year date changed... doing a new thread each night seems way too complicated to me... so as with 'The Bachelor' and 'The Bachelorette' and 'Masterchef' perhaps we should just keep it to one thread for convenience?... so how about we just use this thread to keep it all contained?...

...with the 'Survivor' thread I had so much trouble trying to quote someone from a couple of nights earlier in trying to figure out which thread that it was in and what a particular person said just to quote them for instance... at least if it's in only the one thread then you can just scroll back a few pages to find it... it's just a suggestion though... I'm happy with whatever you all choose... so if you all decide to contain it in this thread only then no worries... just saying... cheers.

....although, a new Thread would start us off. “Clean” and wouldn’t have “ pre season chat” in the. Title...????

....although, a new Thread would start us off. “Clean” and wouldn’t have “ pre season chat” in the. Title...????

...I think that someone in Admin must have added that 'pre season chat' to the title last night Medusa... that's not what I had it as... and you're right... if nobody has already started an 'episode discussion' thread already then I'll set it up now to head us off... see you there... cheers.

Perhaps they'll change it back tonight? Personally I don't think it needs more than one thread but we'll see what happens.

...that's okay Meglos... I've just started up an 'episode discussion' thread to kick us off with as Medusa suggested so all is good... it should be some great fun... see you there my friend... cheers.

Well unfortunately I’ll have to watch in expletive deleted QLD time. Will hunt down an antenna man very soon. This week is for getting back on track with exercise. Sigh wish I liked it more.

...hi Beachsands... great to speak to you again sweet lady... that's a bummer for you my friend... but you can still have fun with us albeit in delayed time... all comments are great whether 'LIVE' or delayed... it still adds to the fun regardless as far as I'm concerned... see you there...

I'm back for another year. :)

...hey Pecan... it's great to see you again!... long time no speak my friend... it's great to see that you'll be joining us again... see you there too... cheers.

Hi guys! :)

If Tomic isn't the first voted out, you know this shit is rigged because Australia legit hates this dude. Nothing he will say or do will change that. The superior douchebro attitude is too well ingrained, he won't be able to conceal it. Whatever Channel 10 paid him is 100% too much, because he will probably attempt to eliminate himself so he can walk away with cash without actually doing anything. That's his style.

I certainly don't think Tomic will be a good enough actor to maintain a veneer of niceness for more than 5 minutes, if he bothers at all. He'll either be Tom Arnold or just sulk, which won't add anything to the entertainment value.

Hi guys! :)

If Tomic isn't the first voted out, you know this shit is rigged because Australia legit hates this dude. Nothing he will say or do will change that. The superior douchebro attitude is too well ingrained, he won't be able to conceal it. Whatever Channel 10 paid him is 100% too much, because he will probably attempt to eliminate himself so he can walk away with cash without actually doing anything. That's his style.

...haha!... I know nothing of Tomic and it sounds like I'm just one of the lucky few that don't lol!... um... you don't like him I gather?... lol!... I can't wait to see your posts from tonight onwards davidftw... they're going to be pure gold!... "douchebro"... hahaha!... I love it!... cheers.

I certainly don't think Tomic will be a good enough actor to maintain a veneer of niceness for more than 5 minutes, if he bothers at all. He'll either be Tom Arnold or just sulk, which won't add anything to the entertainment value.

...perhaps not for viewers Meglos but within these forums and reading what davidftw may say about Toxic... I mean... 'Tomic' is going to be pure entertainment for us at least lol!... I can't wait!... lol!... cheers.

...I've quoted this again because I think that if the rumours are true and Glenn Robbins is one of the people coming in that he'll be exactly like that... don't get me wrong... I totally love Glenn's humour and think that he's bloody hilarious in everything that he does but when he's not acting he strikes me as a grumpy old fart any other time... so I'm really hoping that he's not going in to be honest... cheers.

...I've quoted this again because I think that if the rumours are true and Glenn Robbins is one of the people coming in that he'll be exactly like that... don't get me wrong... I totally love Glenn's humour and think that he's bloody hilarious in everything that he does but when he's not acting he strikes me as a grumpy old fart any other time... so I'm really hoping that he's not going in to be honest... cheers.
I am undecided whether to actually watch this or not this year (it takes up so much time I really could use better) however Glenn Robbins would be worth watching. A genuine classic Australian.

Edit: Holy crap, just googled and Glenn Robbins is 60 years old! What!

Last edited:
I am undecided whether to actually watch this or not this year (it takes up so much time I really could use better) however Glenn Robbins would be worth watching. A genuine classic Australian.

...even if you don't fully invest in the show davidftw... how about popping in and out of the conversations regardless?... the more the merrier I always say... just a thought... cheers.

...hey I've just had a brainsnap!... has anyone mentioned this before?... what if the 'Aussie Rocker' is John Paul Young?... he had quite a few #1 hits didn't he?... just saying... cheers.

...even if you don't fully invest in the show davidftw... how about popping in and out of the conversations regardless?... the more the merrier I always say... just a thought... cheers.

For sure, it's hard to avoid all the gossip anyway. It largely depends on the contestants, however no one confirmed so far has struck a chord as a must watch.

...hey I've just had a brainsnap!... has anyone mentioned this before?... what if the 'Aussie Rocker' is John Paul Young?... he had quite a few #1 hits didn't he?... just saying... cheers.

God I hope not! He reappeared on the Australia Day concert, hopefully he didn't have time to fly to the jungle afterwards.

Back