Skip to main content

CBBUK 9 - Second nominations

Completely agree regarding Emma having watched last night for the first time in years - feels like it's just a job to Emma whilst Davina genuinely got as excited as the viewers (well, except the series where she just flew in from France to host the evictions and it was fairly obvious that was the case!). History though has already forgotten Brian Dowling and Emma was lucky not to replace Davina directly, meaning to most she was a significant improvement on Brian rather than a cheap reproduction of Davina. That said I think if Big Brother was a good as it used to be Emma would probably be much better - if she's as much of a classic fan as she claimed to be she's probably dying inside when announcing C5's latest so called twist!
I totally disagree. I love Emma! And I really feel her love/agitation/angst when it comes to good behaviour and bad behaviour in the house. I always feel that both her and Rylan genuinely love the show.

That said I have to admit I am very new to watching the UK format and I originally fell in love with the series with Emma at the helm.

Completely agree regarding Emma having watched last night for the first time in years - feels like it's just a job to Emma whilst Davina genuinely got as excited as the viewers (well, except the series where she just flew in from France to host the evictions and it was fairly obvious that was the case!). History though has already forgotten Brian Dowling and Emma was lucky not to replace Davina directly, meaning to most she was a significant improvement on Brian rather than a cheap reproduction of Davina. That said I think if Big Brother was a good as it used to be Emma would probably be much better - if she's as much of a classic fan as she claimed to be she's probably dying inside when announcing C5's latest so called twist!

I agree I believe Emma would be a much better host if she was actually invested in the show... The same could be said about Davina... As the shows quality declined she became less invested and the quality of her presenting declined... I also agree with you that Emma was a marked improvement over Brian... That said I believe she would have had a much easier time taking over the role from Davina to begin with... Go back and watch the launch show of her first series as the main presenter... There's a twinkle in her eye that's just not there anymore... It's the fact that she's essentially just going through the motions that's causing her to look like a cheap reproduction rather than a genuine replacement...

I totally disagree. I love Emma! And I really feel her love/agitation/angst when it comes to good behaviour and bad behaviour in the house. I always feel that both her and Rylan genuinely love the show.

That said I have to admit I am very new to watching the UK format and I originally fell in love with the series with Emma at the helm.

Don't get me wrong I think Emma was a worthy replacement for Davina... See for me a great BB host should be impartial... Ruth Wrigley who was a driving force behind bringing BB to the UK once said that what made Davina the perfect fit for the role was her ability to "ask difficult questions in a really nice way"... The premise of BB is that the viewers are the driving force behind the show... They're the ones who are the ultimate judge, jury, and executioner of this show... Emma is only there to help the viewers along through the process... Her opinions are irrelevant in her role as presenter... Also don't get me wrong I hated when Davina did this stuff as well...

Speaking of Davina...

26165537_10155113414743456_3180852561627172095_n.jpg

I actually watched the last doco of Pete, and what a sad man. Body dysmorphia is a cruel disease.

Watching it right now... I could not imagine how hard body dysmorphia is on a person... Pete talks about the infamous lip injections and says had they not caused so many complications he would have stopped... Considering all the subsequent work he had done after the corrective surgery that saved his lips... He may have taken a break but I find it hard to believe he would have stopped completely...

Also I think one of the saddest things about the whole story is the surgeon who injected Pete with that toxic solution in the first place is actually still a practicing plastic surgeon in Dubai!!!! And that Pete only got $450,000 out of him!

Watching it right now... I could not imagine how hard body dysmorphia is on a person... Pete talks about the infamous lip injections and says had they not caused so many complications he would have stopped... Considering all the subsequent work he had done after the corrective surgery that saved his lips... He may have taken a break but I find it hard to believe he would have stopped completely...

Also I think one of the saddest things about the whole story is the surgeon who injected Pete with that toxic solution in the first place is actually still a practicing plastic surgeon in Dubai!!!! And that Pete only got $450,000 out of him!
Until his condition was successfully managed he physically couldn’t stop. Makes me sick how these grubs exploit mental illness for financial gain. I have a girlfriend who looks like an absolute freak because of surgeons and injectors exploiting her condition.

I agree I believe Emma would be a much better host if she was actually invested in the show... The same could be said about Davina... As the shows quality declined she became less invested and the quality of her presenting declined... I also agree with you that Emma was a marked improvement over Brian... That said I believe she would have had a much easier time taking over the role from Davina to begin with... Go back and watch the launch show of her first series as the main presenter... There's a twinkle in her eye that's just not there anymore... It's the fact that she's essentially just going through the motions that's causing her to look like a cheap reproduction rather than a genuine replacement...
I do think Emma is clearly embarrassed by what she has to present now - she wants to be hosting the show Davina was hosting and BBUK simply isn't that anymore. In addition Emma has bigger roles elsewhere, notably with The Voice, whilst for Davina although she had shows on the BBC and ITV early in her BB run they were always secondary and towards the end she pretty much only did BB and one-off things like Comic Relief. It wasn't until Big Brother was over that her career took off again.

We've gone way off topic here but I do think Emma might leave this year. It's the last year on the C5 contract and I think the show is in a position where C5 will probably want to retain it, but cut costs. There are two obvious ways to cut costs - axing BOTS and spending less on your main host, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if Emma goes and Rylan takes over. Rylan hosting Big Brother would have been a horrific idea 5 years ago but I think considering where the show is now and how much he's developed since taking over BOTS means he's probably the only choice for the job now.

I do think Emma is clearly embarrassed by what she has to present now - she wants to be hosting the show Davina was hosting and BBUK simply isn't that anymore. In addition Emma has bigger roles elsewhere, notably with The Voice, whilst for Davina although she had shows on the BBC and ITV early in her BB run they were always secondary and towards the end she pretty much only did BB and one-off things like Comic Relief. It wasn't until Big Brother was over that her career took off again.

We've gone way off topic here but I do think Emma might leave this year. It's the last year on the C5 contract and I think the show is in a position where C5 will probably want to retain it, but cut costs. There are two obvious ways to cut costs - axing BOTS and spending less on your main host, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if Emma goes and Rylan takes over. Rylan hosting Big Brother would have been a horrific idea 5 years ago but I think considering where the show is now and how much he's developed since taking over BOTS means he's probably the only choice for the job now.

I don't even want to think of Rylan hosting anything... Brian was bad enough... That said I think you've made some decent points...

I'm about to give the series with Perez a go.

So I am almost at the end of Perez’s series and what a fucking cracker of a series! I just don’t want it to end! Somehow I have dodged spoilers, and I have no idea who won. I think I am 5 eps out. I will say, if it is Perez I’ll fucking scream! Kingston, I am needing your recommendations for the next series I should tackle.

So I am almost at the end of Perez’s series and what a fucking cracker of a series! I just don’t want it to end! Somehow I have dodged spoilers, and I have no idea who won. I think I am 5 eps out. I will say, if it is Perez I’ll fucking scream! Kingston, I am needing your recommendations for the next series I should tackle.

ULTIMATE BIG BROTHER

I think the saddest part of the series is that I actually enjoyed Katie Hopkins

I think the saddest part of the series is that I actually enjoyed Katie Hopkins
Oh me too. She is so articulate. While I don’t agree with most of her opinions I enjoy listening to her view point. I personally thought she should have won it over Pricey.

What are your thoughts on Perez? At times I hated his behaviour so much he made my left eye twitch, but I started to feel it was a defence mechanism. To me he was the best housemate I have ever seen. Oh my God “...The Perez Show, the Perez Show..” is still stuck in my fucking head!

Oh me too. She is so articulate. While I don’t agree with most of her opinions I enjoy listening to her view point. I personally thought she should have won it over Pricey.

What are your thoughts on Perez? At times I hated his behaviour so much he made my left eye twitch, but I started to feel it was a defence mechanism. To me he was the best housemate I have ever seen. Oh my God “...The Perez Show, the Perez Show..” is still stuck in my fucking head!

I've always thought Perez was a twat and his appearance on CBB just solidified it for me... I think he's just so used to living in his own little sheltered bubble that he's completely lost touch with reality... He's also very self hating...

Perez Hilton banned son from dance class so he 'doesn't turn out gay'
The celebrity blogger would prefer if his son was straight

Perez Hilton has revealed that he won't let his five-year-old son attend dance classes in case he "turns out gay."

The celebrity blogger and personality has been criticised for his comments on a podcast last week.

According to Entertainment Tonight, Hilton said that he wouldn't let his five-year-old son Mario learn to dance in the off-chance it "influenced" his sexuality.

"I'm not going to put a number on it, but I would say a good amount - maybe like 50 percent or more - of little boys who take dance class end up being gay," Hilton said.

He added, "I don't think it's a homophobic thing to say. Just like I don't think it's a homophobic thing to say that a disproportionate amount of male singers/actors/dancers on Broadway are gay. There are more gay men drawn to that profession."

Hilton said, "That's not homophobic, that's just a fact."

He continued to defend his decision saying that each decision he makes is what he thinks "is best for his future" and doesn't want "to do anything that could potentially hurt him."

After he made the comments, he attempted to do damage control In a YouTube video saying he'd want his son to identify as straight because it's "easier."

While Hilton said that his son hasn't brought up taking dance classes, "if he begged and pleaded and I saw that would make him truly happy" he would let him attend classes.

The 40-year-old blogger also added that he isn't ashamed of his sexuality, but that it was a "harder road to travel on."

After receiving criticism for his comments, Hilton seemed to back down saying dance classes do not "make" children gay.

"Maybe there are so many gay dancers because they were already gay going into dance class and dance just spoke to them," he explained.

Hopefully Hilton continues to support his son's interests regardless of what they might be.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/perez-hilton-dance-class-ban-son-gay-a8286956.html

Back