Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

Moanin faux T thread!

Thanks guys. It is such an exciting time for us.

Xo

OMG @Trala how exciting - congratulations! Oh and to your son and his partner too! That is such amazing news. When is the little one due? Will they find out it's sex do you think?

GG is what I call my great grandmother, not someone I expected to still be in my life at 30 but I have many grandmothers as it happens, which is lucky. And your grandchild will be lucky to have you :)

Reactions: Tee
I remember WB's really weird obsession with (among many other things) you becoming a grandmother. I can't decide if it's a shame or just as well he is not here to witness it but I am inclined to say it is a resoundingly good thing!

LOVE the phones. Love it all actually. Great colours.
Thanks Fiona (I see you finally managed to change your nick!)

There's a story about the phones. I grew up in a small country town in NZ and we used this type of phone until 1979, would you believe it? Later, I would tinker and play with them as a teenager as a hobby. The one in the living room is from my Dad's house, and the other I bought on Ebay. You can call the bedroom from the living room, and vice versa, as I put the wiring in for them when we were building.

As for the colours, the green in the bedroom was a happy accident, as the paint was initially a murky clay colour, so I got the paint guy to add some blue to it and it ended up kinda a dull olive which was a vast improvement. And I took the lead from the cat pictures in going with the orange chairs. Which wouldn't look out of place in a Jetstar lounge lol. I wasn't sure if I could get a sofa up the narrow stairs so I got them custom made. Only US$80 each. :)

Thanks Fiona (I see you finally managed to change your nick!)

There's a story about the phones. I grew up in a small country town in NZ and we used this type of phone until 1979, would you believe it? Later, I would tinker and play with them as a teenager as a hobby. The one in the living room is from my Dad's house, and the other I bought on Ebay. You can call the bedroom from the living room, and vice versa, as I put the wiring in for them when we were building.

As for the colours, the green in the bedroom was a happy accident, as the paint was initially a murky clay colour, so I got the paint guy to add some blue to it and it ended up kinda a dull olive which was a vast improvement. And I took the lead from the cat pictures in going with the orange chairs. Which wouldn't look out of place in a Jetstar lounge lol. I wasn't sure if I could get a sofa up the narrow stairs so I got them custom made. Only US$80 each. :)
We had a black Bakelite phone like that in our house in suburban Melbourne until I left home in 1983. Heavy but oh so stylish I reckon.

We had a black Bakelite phone like that in our house in suburban Melbourne until I left home in 1983. Heavy but oh so stylish I reckon.
Oh yes, very cool 1940s style. I bet yours at least had a dial though! We had to make every call via the operator.

How do you get to have many grandmothers?

Well look it's not THAT many, but more than average. Well I have my mum's mother and my dad's mother obviously, and since my step dad has raised me since I was 2 I also count his mother as my grandmother. And my mum's grandmother is still alive and kicking for now, so I have my great grandmother too.

So i had a short break on Magnetic Island and didnt want to come home!!

I love Magnetic Island, so pretty! My sister's friend is lucky enough to have been born and raised there, that has to be the best setting for a childhood.

thanks @jessy_girl and @Beachsands - my real estate agent has now listed it, and I got my first Airbnb booking late last night, arriving Thursday for three nights. Mad panic time for me to carefully stash my personal stuff out of harm's way, somehow. I just went out and bought sheets, pillowcases, mattress protector, soft blankie to protect my sofa and a fire extinguisher - all solely for the guests' use. Need to get pillow protectors, towels and a hairdryer but I have already spent more today than I am going to make from this first guest so hopefully more will follow.

Oh and my fish pond pot was seeping a little from where they blocked up the drainage hole, and as I was trying to seal it, it slipped out of my hands as I was inverting it and shattered on the floor. So I had to buy a new one and now need to break up what's left of the old one into small pieces so I can dispose of it safely. Sharp edges! Owies.

But I love the way the place looks and hopefully Airbnb will give me a little income so I can travel and explore Cambodia and maybe even further afield every so often.

Good Moanin Faux OT thread!

I have the HUGEST news, and you guys are the first to hear it! My son is having a baby! I’m going to be a GG (good grandma)!!!

He and his partner had a scan yesterday and peanut is officially 6 weeks old. He is keeping the news quiet from our real life for a few more weeks, but if I don’t share it with someone my heart will explode!!

MY BABY IS HAVING A BABY!!!!!

Xoxoxo

tenor.gif

Arrrggghh!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!! I am so happy for you guys!!!!!!! Hope lil peanut is not making his/her mumma get the spew spews too bad x

Back