Skip to main content

2017 Celebrity Predictions

My thoughts/guesses

US Sitcom Star - David Spade
Shock Jock - Waleed Aly
AFL Legend - Jason Akermanis
Much Loved Olympian - Dawn Fraser
Pop Diva - Natalie Bassingthwaite (big name on TV clue)
Aussie Comedian - Merrick Watts
Singing Sensation - Casey Donovan
Reality Star - Keira MacGuire
Famous Australian Actor - Shane Jacobson (had a bit part in the Bourne Legacy)
Beauty Queen - Tahan Lew Fatt

Most are names already in this thread then a couple of left field options :)

I agree completely with Aker, Keira and Tahan. The only reason I said Rosso as opposed to Merrick was because Merrick had a drive time show on Triple M radio last year. The major thing making me thing the pop diva is NOT Nat B is that they are overloading the clues etc. so it seems like it is her. I think (and hope) it is a deception

I agree completely with Aker, Keira and Tahan. The only reason I said Rosso as opposed to Merrick was because Merrick had a drive time show on Triple M radio last year. The major thing making me thing the pop diva is NOT Nat B is that they are overloading the clues etc. so it seems like it is her. I think (and hope) it is a deception
yes I didn't really have a reason for going Merrick over Rosso but I like your rationale!

I went with the thought that they are probably stretching the limit of truth to make the "celeb" sound more exciting for a few of my options. Waleed was definitely one of those.
Totally getting the deflection thing, just wouldn't class Waleed as one myself. Could be onto a winner there.

I am confident the cast is as follows:

US Sitcom Star:
Jon Lovitz
Comedian: Matt Okine
AFL Legend: Jason Akermanis
Shock Jock: Steve Price
Australian Actor: Jay Laga'aia
Pop Diva: Natalie Bassingthwaighte
Olympian: Lisa Curry
Singing Sensation: Casey Donovan
Reality Star: Keira McGuire
Beauty Queen: Tegan Martin

Pop star is 100% Natalie Bassingthwaighte. They blew her cover in the Fitzy & Wippa interview by simply pitching down her voice a notch to protect her identity. Raised it up again and whattayaknow, it's The Bass. Plus, all the clues fit perfectly.

You are 100% correct. Just did this myself, it is without a doubt Natalie.

Ok I'll lock in Nat Bass too then through no effort of my own, I'm impressed with the effort of tweaking with the voice. A few minute Google showed something about her supporting the Saints too. She seems nice, and Izzy is pretty much my favourite character ever.

I'm fine with Nat Bass. She's not the greatest "pop diva" but at least she is a known name and has a personality, she should be good. I suspect she'll be on the higher end of the scale of celebrities we get this season.

O_O

Casey Donovan is an Uber driver: Where are the other Australian Idol winners now?

WAY back in 2004, aspiring singer Casey Donovan took out the second season of Australian Idol, pipping Anthony Callea at the post and landing a record deal in the process.

13-years later, the 28-year-old performer has taken on a new job that might just put her in direct contact with some of the very people who voted for her.

In a new interview with the Daily Telegraph, Donovan revealed she’s picked up work as an Uber driver, taking on the role part-time to supplement her singing and acting commitments.

“I write music about my own experience and other people’s, so being on the road meeting all these people is really inspiring,” Donovan, who works a few Uber shifts per week, told the Daily Telegraph’s Jonathan Moran.

“I’ve been recognised a few times,” she continued “I get paired with a lot of women when driving and some of them have been quite excited. I’ve been asked to sing.”

While Donovan hasn’t troubled the ARIA charts since her post-Idol debut album For You was released in 2004, she has released music independently — and carved an impressive stage career.

She recently appeared in an Australian tour of Queen musical We Will Rock You, and will this year appear in a production at Sydney’s Belvoir Street Theatre. She also recently successfully mounted a Kickstarter campaign, raising $10,000 to write and record a new EP set for release this year.

Donovan also released a tell-all memoir in 2014, shocking fans when she revealed she had been ‘catfished’ by a female friend who posed as a male admirer and entered into a relationship with her — for six years.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...w/news-story/568317695eed1929d2dd44ed6ca1ec2e

Today the I'm A Celebrity Facebook page ran a Q&A with a celebrity. The person in question was a male comedian who is currently on extended leave. The celebrity has worked in radio and hopes that IAC will give rise to his music career.

It looks like we can lock in Matt Okine, along with Steve Price, Jason Akermanis and Natalie Bassingwaighte.

No way am I locking in Nat B. At least one, if not several, need to be total randoms. I think Nat B is this seasons Melissa Joan Hart (Sabrina the Teenage Witch) which turned out to be Maureen (Marcia from the Brady Bunch). That being said, give me her over Samantha Jade any day.

................................. am I supposed to know who Matt Okine is?

............................ I wouldn't know him if I tripped over him

Izzy Agalea?

izzy hoyland of course!

landscape_soaps-neighbours-natalie-bassingthwaighte-izzy-hoyland.jpg

What's she planning?

I bet it's something EVIL!

Stocking up on Minties, Champagne, Chocolate, tissues and a bucket....I'm now ready for the Premiere of IACGMOOH.

I am confident the cast is as follows:

US Sitcom Star:
Jon Lovitz
Comedian: Matt Okine
AFL Legend: Jason Akermanis
Shock Jock: Steve Price
Australian Actor: Jay Laga'aia
Pop Diva: Natalie Bassingthwaighte
Olympian: Lisa Curry
Reality Star: Keira McGuire
Beauty Queen: Tegan Martin