Skip to main content

Deaths of Minor Celebrities

Peter Vaughan :frown:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0891092/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Vaughan

MV5BMjI4NDY4MzI5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTk0ODg5NA@@._V1_UY317_CR131,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Most recently known as Maester Aemon in Game of Thrones.
He had been acting for over 60 years.

Told ya this year wasn't done yet...

I know 2016 was a freaking disaster, but these last few are killing me right in my happy places

Reactions: kxk
Another sad one. Too young, and he was fit-looking, it's scary.
I remember him from Growing Pains, and being Robin Thicke's dad (I won't hold his son's music against him).
WHAT!!!!???? Geeza Lou. Piss off 2016. Enough is enough. My brother in law's father died yesterday too.

WHAT!!!!???? Geeza Lou. Piss off 2016. Enough is enough. My brother in law's father died yesterday too.

Sorry to hear that. I lost a close aunty recently. 2016 has sucked on so many levels, both with celebrity deaths and so many people personally.

Sorry to hear that. I lost a close aunty recently. 2016 has sucked on so many levels, both with celebrity deaths and so many people personally.
Thankyou. He had a massive brain bleed and they turned off the life support. Scott isn't going to LA for the funeral for reasons best left unsaid and that's hurting him dearly. Sorry for your loss too. A couple of second cousins in law have died within five weeks of each other recently from brain cancer. Not a good year all round. Does it seem as if there's more than usual, especially in the celebrity world?

Thankyou. He had a massive brain bleed and they turned off the life support. Scott isn't going to LA for the funeral for reasons best left unsaid and that's hurting him dearly. Sorry for your loss too. A couple of second cousins in law have died within five weeks of each other recently from brain cancer. Not a good year all round. Does it seem as if there's more than usual, especially in the celebrity world?

Yes, it does seem like there has been more loss this year than usual. Thanks for sharing. I went interstate for a memorial service for my aunty last week, and while it was undoubtedly sad, I think everyone appreciated the support. People are basically good, I think, and if there's any comfort to be taken out of anything, I think it's that people do care, not just about their own life but others too.

Yes, it does seem like there has been more loss this year than usual. Thanks for sharing. I went interstate for a memorial service for my aunty last week, and while it was undoubtedly sad, I think everyone appreciated the support. People are basically good, I think, and if there's any comfort to be taken out of anything, I think it's that people do care, not just about their own life but others too.
Very true, plus there's always the catch ups with family and friends and hopefully, some good eats. The whole funeral ritual is fascinating from faith to faith and family to family. I always enjoy the experience regardless of my place in the grieving process, if that makes sense. It's a celebration of the deceased as well as a mourning and saying goodbye.

I am gutted. Another one hitting me right in the childhood. A funny, well loved man popular with many generations.

They are coming in by the day atm.

It reminds me of when I worked in Pall Care a few years ago and there would be times when "the vortex would open" and we'd have death after death. Comes with the job in Pall Care admittedly, but I remember we had one weekend when we lost 13 from our book of 80 patients.

I always enjoy the experience regardless of my place in the grieving process, if that makes sense. It's a celebration of the deceased as well as a mourning and saying goodbye.

I love taking funerals (and I am doing plenty here). It is such a privilege for a family to allow you to walk with them at one of their most vulnerable times.

It reminds me of when I worked in Pall Care a few years ago and there would be times when "the vortex would open" and we'd have death after death. Comes with the job in Pall Care admittedly, but I remember we had one weekend when we lost 13 from our book of 80 patients.

That would have been tough and very draining @delcan

Back