Skip to main content

Repeatedly reported threads locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brekkie

Staff member
I have tonight locked three threads which are repeatedly reported by members here - indeed sometimes it feels like there are more posts made to our moderation forum than the rest of the forum as a whole.

Most of you here are long term squatters freely enjoying the accomodation Tim has left open for us long after it has served it's purpose so please do treat each other here with more respect. More importantly, treat yourself with some respect and if you feel like there are issues which you need to report everytime you visit here perhaps it's time to ask yourself whether you should continue to visit us. At the very least a time out wouldn't do you any harm.

There is a community here which the moderators aren't really involved in on a day to day basis and you're trusted to look after yourselves. We really don't want to have to step in unless we have too, and that's the way I'd like it to remain. However should the behaviour of certain members continue to be such a cause for concern we may have to switch from moderating with a light touch to a zero tolerance approach in order to serve the best interests of the majority of forum members.

Thank you for the explanation, Brekkie. I've have had many, many hours of unexpected entertainment from this forum, and am grateful for the opportunity (thank you @Tim!).

Not sure if you're able to say, but I'm wondering who are considered to be
a) problem posters that risk zero tolerance, and
b) the 'visit with inability not to report'?

Last edited by a moderator:
What threads have been locked? I can only not see the meet and greet thread.

The RU OK, OT and reepbot threads (x2) have been locked. Meet and greet actually survives!

Why lock the OT thread? That was a safe place that i liked to read and occasionally post. You guys fixed the problem by banning WB from it. Now I have no where to posts without fear of him calling me a meth head.

Not sure who is still reporting posts in the OT thread. Not me, have not reported a post in months.

The OT thread has been pretty chill latley. Even from what I can see the reepbot thread has been as well. I know there was drama in the meet thread, why not deal with the individual who was causing that drama?

What a terrible shame. The OT thread has been the meeting place for posters since 2012. I know one person who will be back flipping with glee, and that is the instigator to the majority of the drama across threads.

Since Witty Banter has been censored from posting in the OT thread, it has been a place of amicable chit chat. Outside Reepbot's quest to disrupt the flow of conversation with his constant flow random googled images of teapots, nonsensical poetry and moose pictures, it has been a happy place for a handful of people to share their day to day dreary's.

I do hope this decision is reconsidered.

Why lock the OT thread? That was a safe place that i liked to read and occasionally post. You guys fixed the problem by banning WB from it. Now I have no where to posts without fear of him calling me a meth head.

Not sure who is still reporting posts in the OT thread. Not me, have not reported a post in months.

The OT thread has been pretty chill latley. Even from what I can see the reepbot thread has been as well. I know there was drama in the meet thread, why not deal with the individual who was causing that drama?
Drama in RU OK too. Curious as to who you would judge as causing that particular thread drama? Quite some venom there....

I think the thread locking is like confiscation of toys, and am glad to see some fairness.

Drama in RU OK too. Curious as to who you would judge as causing that particular thread drama? Quite some venom there....

I think the thread locking is like confiscation of toys, and am glad to see some fairness.
Of course you are! You are Witty Banters No 1 enabler!

Look at today's effort. You are the first person in to sink the forum boot in and celebrate.

You think you are the change you want to see, but you are not. You have become a member of the alternate clique. No better, no worse, just the same.

Of course you are! You are Witty Banters No 1 enabler!

Look at today's effort. You are the first person in to sink the forum boot in and celebrate.

You think you are the change you want to see, but you are not. You have become a member of the alternate clique. No better, no worse, just the same.
And you just launched into another venomous, personal attack because you simply cannot control your emotions, nor think rationally. I wasn't sticking the boots in, I was commenting generally, yet your emotional interpretations of the world colour everything. You are deeply damaged, obviously. Now fuck off!

Was not aware of drama in RUOK thread. Been keeping my nose clean as of late.

From what I read reepbot derailed the meet thread and.... yeah well you read the thread.... and posted in it (?). What I am saying is why not deal with the culprits of any drama instead of locking threads.

I really can't see how locking the OT thread is fair. It's been chilled as fuck latley. I felt comfortable to post in it without fear of having a horrible time in my past thrown at me. Now where am I going to post about my attempt shorty to make an avocado face mask from real avocados?

Btw do you mean there is venom from me stating that posters cause drama or that there is lots of venom/drama on this forum as a whole?

And you just launched into another venomous, personal attack because you simply cannot control your emotions, nor think rationally. I wasn't sticking the boots in, I was commenting generally, yet your emotional interpretations of the world colour everything. You are deeply damaged, obviously. Now fuck off!
Well said, Bluefin.

Thank you for your emotionally stable and non judgmental response.

Have a good day.

What a terrible shame. The OT thread has been the meeting place for posters since 2012. I know one person who will be back flipping with glee, and that is the instigator to the majority of the drama across threads.

Since Witty Banter has been censored from posting in the OT thread, it has been a place of amicable chit chat. Outside Reepbot's quest to disrupt the flow of conversation with his constant flow random googled images of teapots, nonsensical poetry and moose pictures, it has been a happy place for a handful of people to share their day to day dreary's.

I do hope this decision is reconsidered.

From what I read reepbot derailed the meet thread and.... yeah well you read the thread.... and posted in it (?). What I am saying is why not deal with the culprits of any drama instead of locking threads.

I really can't see how locking the OT thread is fair. It's been chilled as fuck latley. I felt comfortable to post in it without fear of having a horrible time in my past thrown at me. Now where am I going to post about my attempt shorty to make an avocado face mask from real avocados?

Btw do you mean there is venom from me stating that posters cause drama or that there is lots of venom/drama on this forum as a whole?

Add me to the agree list. The OT chit chat thread has been a great thread for many years, even better lately with WB unable to make his personal attacks on members again and again and again.

My feels today :(:(:(:( too sad to find a gif :cry:

I hope the mods reconsider their decision. The OT chat thread is the heart of the community feel of this forum, where people share their experiences that don't fall under discussion of tv shows. Problems with individual posters should ideally be dealt with an an individual basis. Having said that I do understand that sorting through and moderating arguments and insults is not part of their remit.

Add me to the agree list. The OT chit chat thread has been a great thread for many years, even better lately with WB unable to make his personal attacks on members again and again and again.

My feels today :(:(:(:( too sad to find a gif :cry:
It really does!

I know it is stupid, but I love that thread. And as you say, without the constant flow of baiting from WB to take away from the important topics ie my toenails, your to shows, Inigos sickness, Jess's baby, Mutleys gifs, Bleachy's teaching, Timmys Cambodian adventure, Hooley's drama, Mooses Germany, etc it has been nice a nice place to share. While it does mildly irritate me, I can live with Reepbot's very obvious attempts to derail the flow of conversation. He has nothing on WB!

It is a sad day indeed.

I hope the mods reconsider their decision. The OT chat thread is the heart of the community feel of this forum, where people share their experiences that don't fall under discussion of tv shows. Problems with individual posters should ideally be dealt with an an individual basis. Having said that I do understand that sorting through and moderating arguments and insults is not part of their remit.

tumblr_inline_mfzg9fso7H1qcn3a6.gif

Maybe we can have a vote?

It has been such a lovely place to post in there. I am so super sad. I swear, if it wasn't a beautiful day, and I didn't live on the Sunshine Coast and I wasn't about to head out for a coffee with a girlfriend I would need the RUOK thread to find emotional support, oops, but that is locked!!

Have a great day, forum, and if you do think any of the locked threads would benefit the forum as a whole to be reopened, please pm admin. Who knows what people power can achieve?! Probably nothing, but it is worth a shot :)

Oh and for the record, I think ruok should be reopened too. I have seen many posters seek and find the emotional support they need in there.

No, I wasn't referring to you directly. I was talking more recently, that caused the locking. I understand what you are saying about not feeling safe to post.

Perhaps start a thread that is a wb free zone? But, the minute any poster uses it to sling some venom in his direction, he has the right to keep replying. Do you think that would work?

i think that the mods should stick to their guns and keep the threads locked. as a show of strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back