Skip to main content

BBUK 2016 - Series discussion

Haven't seen that episode yet. But that's a shame. I admit up until the last few episodes I compared her to Blair Waldorf (gossip girl). She is no queen bee though it seems. Just another rich entitled girl. I don't think Jackson agrees with how she acts but he is too infatuated to know any better right now.

I'm hoping the latest episode shows the hm's being easier on Hughie now that Natalie is no longer there. Jane says he has been through a lot and I would like to see him comfortably interact with the group.

I really feel bad for Jane. I think at her age she is well adjusted to how she would react and adapting to new situations would be more difficult because she is set in her ways by now, I don't think she thought this would be her reaction and just feels helpless and alone. Which would lead to being defensive.

Chelsea makes me laugh at times. I may as well admit it. Like that time he said he could break a persons arm with his finger... Bahahaha I don't know how Natalie and Charlie refrained themselves from laughing
It is a shame. But the bottom line is, that house is designed to bring out their worst qualities. I think she is a smart, sassy, beautiful girl, just like all the other female housemates, and she in an extraordinary situation.

I really don't find Georgina to be an entitled rich girl. She is very young to be rich anyway, so I would be super surprised if she in fact is. I think she is under an emotionally amplified magnifying glass and speaks before she thinks. The Jackson/Georgina relationship will get messy. Two weeks in and he is giving it "I love you" with an awkward semi silent response, I give it another 10 days before it explodes.

I really don't get he extreme housemate hate towards Jane either. What is it based on? I just don't get it.

Oh my Lord, Chelsea! When he goes full gangster around the kids, I can't even. Silly middle aged fool. But I agree, he is good cringe value.

It is a shame. But the bottom line is, that house is designed to bring out their worst qualities. I think she is a smart, sassy, beautiful girl, just like all the other female housemates, and she in an extraordinary situation.

I really don't find Georgina to be an entitled rich girl. She is very young to be rich anyway, so I would be super surprised if she in fact is. I think she is under an emotionally amplified magnifying glass and speaks before she thinks. The Jackson/Georgina relationship will get messy. Two weeks in and he is giving it "I love you" with an awkward semi silent response, I give it another 10 days before it explodes.

I really don't get he extreme housemate hate towards Jane either. What is it based on? I just don't get it.

Oh my Lord, Chelsea! When he goes full gangster around the kids, I can't even. Silly middle aged fool. But I agree, he is good cringe value.
I was like Emma the host talking on the bots episode where she thought the Jackson and Georgina storyline was cute. I really did think it was somewhat interesting and still do in many ways. But it already sounds like it's getting messy. I still think Georgina is good value, her non committed replies are quite funny, when they are not ostracising certain hm's. I meant more because Georgina classifies people by class, that she sees herself in a certain way and if you are not on par with that she may not see you as valuable. My wording in previous post was probably more harsh than necessary. Geez, if I were in that house, I probably would come across as Georgina at times. So maybe I should think of it from that angle before throwing out my opinions.

I don't know what it is with Jane. Is there tidbits of small clips we have missed. I was taken back when no one defended her when she was called a whore. I suppose when it gets to that level you want to avoid it perhaps. I feel the whole Chelsea/ Natalie/ Jane information was held back from the public.

Chelsea talks so much rubbish and really don't like him with how he is slagging off Jane and then loves Markos antics, but yes, even people I don't like entertain, and as you put it, his gangster around the kids is so bad and yet so funny.

Okay next episode.

BOTS: Hahahaha...

Emma as usual wasn't too sure where she was or what she was doing where she was. Uuuuuuuuum.... lol

As expected, not even Rylan could tame the bitch, though unlike Emma, he never seemed out of control of the situation.

Natalie is writing books now - "How to be an obnoxious super bitch for Dummies" :woot:

Watched the latest episode. I think I watched a different show because I very much enjoyed Georgina. It was like watching Regina George. How can I not have enjoyed that.

I said I enjoyed watching it, not that I agree with her. Just to clear that up ;)

WOW!! Georgina is turning rapidly into a Memsahib - full throttle. She too now has taken to interrupting others in half-sentence when crossing swords. Perhaps it's what one does when one feels threatened? :smuggrin:

Her immaturity now becomes apparent. She is hating on Jayne for what? Because she is older? Because her skin isn't as taut as her own? Grow up little girl.
The Jackson&Georgina thing is becoming cringe-worthy. Georgina was obviously taunting Jackson when he and Alex were in the tub, you could have cut the air with a butter knife. Then she gets up at Jackson for having 'looked' at Evelyn... wtf??
On the other hand, Jackson is just as childish and ignorant. "I love you"... ouch. Then of course he expects Georgina to reply in kind... aaaawkward LOL!

Hughie falling or at least pretending to fall asleep during eviction is so Hughie and: Ryan looks like Nemo hahahahaha... proof that, contrary to Natalie's claim on BOTS, Hughie did NOT only watch reality TV shows all his life! :woot:

Sam is such a snake, such a goodie goodie, always so politically correct. At the same time he is always ready to support the majority.
How shocked he and Georgina were that Jayne had ignored Natalie during her eviction, and the outrage was contagious. All kinds of proper sounding adjectives were thrown around however, they're all a bunch of hypocrites. The only one imho who handled the situation right was Jayne.
Had Jayne gotten up, hugged Natalie and said 'I love you' upon her departure that would have made Jayne a two-faced bitch, right?
I do admire Jayne for standing her ground in this situation.

I thought the same thing.

I feel sorry for Jane. I really don't get the Natalie/Chelsea hate which was and is so often aimed at her. However watching her slowly descend into madness makes for good reality tv.

I don't know if you watched BOTS. There Rylan actually asked Natalie the same question and it seemed to me that she was looking for an excuse because she didn't want to play the race card. Because that I am convinced is what kicked it all off in the first place between Natalie and Jayne. There was a misunderstanding but Natalie just couldn't let go.

As for Chelsea, sorry to burst your bubble, he did not just drop in from Lego-land, instead the two had an affair of sorts and now Chelsea is scared that Jayne might air the dirty laundry on national TV. Purely self-defense though poorly executed.

WOW!! Georgina is turning rapidly into a Memsahib - full throttle. She too now has taken to interrupting others in half-sentence when crossing swords. Perhaps it's what one does when one feels threatened? :smuggrin:

Her immaturity now becomes apparent. She is hating on Jayne for what? Because she is older? Because her skin isn't as taut as her own? Grow up little girl.
The Jackson&Georgina thing is becoming cringe-worthy. Georgina was obviously taunting Jackson when he and Alex were in the tub, you could have cut the air with a butter knife. Then she gets up at Jackson for having 'looked' at Evelyn... wtf??
On the other hand, Jackson is just as childish and ignorant. "I love you"... ouch. Then of course he expects Georgina to reply in kind... aaaawkward LOL!

Hughie falling or at least pretending to fall asleep during eviction is so Hughie and: Ryan looks like Nemo hahahahaha... proof that, contrary to Natalie's claim on BOTS, Hughie did NOT only watch reality TV shows all his life! :woot:

Sam is such a snake, such a goodie goodie, always so politically correct. At the same time he is always ready to support the majority.
How shocked he and Georgina were that Jayne had ignored Natalie during her eviction, and the outrage was contagious. All kinds of proper sounding adjectives were thrown around however, they're all a bunch of hypocrites. The only one imho who handled the situation right was Jayne.
Had Jayne gotten up, hugged Natalie and said 'I love you' upon her departure that would have made Jayne a two-faced bitch, right?
I do admire Jayne for standing her ground in this situation.

Georgina has dug herself a hole. That's really ageist of her calling Jayne out for having a bath and being an older woman. What a crime! So she's uncomfortable, ay? That's the most petty thing I've heard. I couldn't give a flying fuck. Georgina is really insecure for commenting on Jayne's confidence. If anything that makes me uncomfortable is her relationship with Jackson.

I've pretty much said everything about that eviction reaction on the other page. The whole bunch of them are stupid twats.

Either way, what ever Jayne did, she was at fault for breathing at all. Whether she'd been two faced or not.

I think he fell instantly for her look; big boobs, big hair, big lips and lap dancing body. She is pure sex..

This I must protest! :woot:

In your defence, you did not say "..her GOOD looks..." but it sure sounded like it.

1. fake tits
2. fake hair (extensions)
3. fake lips aka duck bill, a Botox side effect

5. pure sex? I honestly think the jury on that one should consist of men only. I for one am not fond of stick women with hard bodies... too feminist. You wake up in the morning and you're bleeding because one of her bones has punctured your lungs... no, no, leave me alone with twigs. :jawdrop::woot::jawdrop:

I really feel bad for Jane. I think at her age she is well adjusted to how she would react and adapting to new situations would be more difficult because she is set in her ways by now, I don't think she thought this would be her reaction and just feels helpless and alone. Which would lead to being defensive.

Someone on BOTS said that they didn't believe a single word Jayne said. I don't believe much of it either if anything, but compared to most of the other liars in the house she seems to have a degree of integrity.
I have a strong feeling that this is what disturbs Chelsea terribly because he's got none.

The next eviction should be interesting, even though the house will be gunning for Jayne - I don't think the public would be evicting her.

There must be consecutive double evictions coming soon since the series is only eight weeks long. If they want to make the final six finalists, then there can only be one more single eviction unless they go for triple/quadruple etc.

The next eviction should be interesting, even though the house will be gunning for Jayne - I don't think the public would be evicting her.

I agree that the public probably won't evict Jayne. There could be some surprises in the noms though. I still maintain that Natalie was the catalyst for a lot of hate in the house and accordingly those who are actually capable of simmering down will change their minds of whom they will be nominating.

How about being fair for once producers and let only the former "others" nominate, that would throw a spanner in the works!

So.... I know it isn't fair that I'm currently rewatching BBUK6 at the moment AND BBUK17. But, oh well.

The launch was a bore, the VT's yet again were climactic but really I'm certain most of them will not fulfil those standards. Emma, you look great but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE maintain that voice. My ears are bleeding. My first impressions are freakingly similar to Mercy's, though I already hate Andrew (like somebody said) and I'm alright with Lateysha for the moment. Dislike Marco. I don't Laura, though I'm sure hoping her VT was an overreaction. Andy is the only "sane" one there I believe. Alex is another booooooooore (seriously though why do these people obsess over fake tans?) The twins are in your face though they seem bubbly and nice, hopefully not a too "annoying" type. Jackson, I believe is very smart with he's choices, he's starting a bromance and an unlikely returned love (doesn't that remind you of Tim BBAU5?) but with Georgina. Georgina is fine, though I don't know how that posh thing is going to go. Evelyn is also alright, again first and second night. It's nice that she's a fellow Australian though. Jason is pretty cool so far. Sam, basically the same opinions as Jackson minus Georgina, though he's different to his VT (a good thing). Chelsea, completely forgot about him. "Lego hair" is a true representation haha, but he is fine for now, boring but fine.

Out of the others Charlie, Ryan and Andrew are annoying me the most. Ryan AKA fish lips is the most attention seeking, narcissistic twat in the show. Charlie is all crocodile tears, all fake. She admits she treated Jason bad in her previous relationship THEN expects sympathy? Then 'those" muppets follow her. Yes Ryan, you. Then there is something about Andrew I despise, I don't know what it is. He's eyes just bug me. He's extremely sly. Yeah, Hughie and Jayne seem alright, I reckon their personalities will spark more if they were in the main house, same with Natalie. Unlikely for Jayne though, I don't think I've heard her talk yet.

Whoa my opinions from Day 1 to now are polar opposites, though some were accurate.

Plus we ONLY see 40 min-1 hour of housemate action, plus the live show (which is poor quality with constant birdsong) that I can't even access and BOTS. So the nominations could turn out different from what we expect. But Jayne is guaranteed to be up, as for Evelyn. The nominations will be interesting though, I'd love to see the terribly hypocritical excuses for Jayne.

The ages of the remaining contestants:

Jayne: 49

Chelsea: 48

Jason: 45

Andy: 34

Charlie: 31

Laura: 30

Emma: 30

Alex: 27

Georgina: 26

Jackson: 24

Ryan: 24