Skip to main content

US 2016 Presidential Election

I think he has dropped out... So what happens now. Is Trump uncontested? Does he automatically become the nominated republican representative or can he still be vetoed somehow?
He's not past the guaranteed points mark to avoid a contested convention, but he's unopposed, so he basically is. There will be a Trump fest nominating convention with Trump steaks and Trump springwater all round. Mitt Romney is boycotting in protest.

Last edited:
I think he has dropped out... So what happens now. Is Trump uncontested? Does he automatically become the nominated republican representative or can he still be vetoed somehow?

I'm not sure. I heard that the republican leadership were looking at ways of doing that. But i think it is too late. They are just going to have to suck it up and ride this election out. They have helped to create this situation through their obstructionist ways. Besides, it is not like Trump is going to win. It is Clinton's election to lose.

Interesting article. Makes a lot of sense. This is all worrying - I think as a non American, Trump as president scares the shit out of me. Australia has a very close relationship with the US, we are very much allies, so it worries me

He scares me too.

Back